Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

S/F RB's

13 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

That, and his question has literally zero bearing on the year 2021.

Really? Did you miss the part of Mostert lasting less than a half of a game for the season? 

15 hours ago, FantasyRetard said:

Well, in the 2011-2012 season, Frank Gore rushed for over 1,200 yards and 8 TD's. I dare say there were a few league champions who had Gore that year.

He might’ve helped people get there, but he didn’t help anyone win it.  He had 28 total yards in week 16

Now you don’t really know that, have you ever won a ff contest by two points , I have , so those 2.8 points might have won someone a game.  

• Like 1

Agreed.  You must have seen the same report about him in practice this week, sounds like the coach woke him up. All that FAAB money some spent on Mitchel oh no.  

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Agreed.  You must have seen the same report about him in practice this week, sounds like the coach woke him up. All that FAAB money some spent on Mitchel oh no.  

No, just shanahan's tendency to randomly feature different running backs.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would not be shocked if sermon gets 20+ carries this week, while Mitchell gets 2-3.

I'd be shocked.  The 49ers should be thinking they need to limit the touches off all their runningbacks to keep them healthy.  I think Mitchell starts and Sermon splits time with him pretty evenly.  It would be a bad look to say, "oh you decided to try hard in practice this week?  Ok, we'll give you all the carries now." 

I think it looks good, earn playing time.  

And if he produces a great game , the coach is the winner.  

7 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Really? Did you miss the part of Mostert lasting less than a half of a game for the season? 

What does that have to do with the last 15 years?

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I'd be shocked.  The 49ers should be thinking they need to limit the touches off all their runningbacks to keep them healthy.  I think Mitchell starts and Sermon splits time with him pretty evenly.  It would be a bad look to say, "oh you decided to try hard in practice this week?  Ok, we'll give you all the carries now." 

Sermon was ahead of Mitchell all preseason, from my understanding it was only because of Sermon missing curfue, or similar for why he was not active week 1. It was not related to performance.

Both Mitchell and Hasty did an awful job blocking. I cannot find the article now but the both allowed QB hits/sacks on the few times they were asked to block.

Shanahan is a d1ck and it is impossible to tell what he will do from one week to the next.

Don't get me wrong, it could be the Mitchell show, however i would not be shocked if it was not. You cannot tell with the information we have. He can(and did) bench a young up and coming first round draft pick WR randomly, because that is how shanahan rolls.

With Josh Jacobs ruled out i am starting Trey Sermon this week as my RB #3 in a 14 team dynasty. I hope I am right about Shanahan.

I have Singletary as well, but I would rather go with Sermon's upside. I have the much better team, ie defending champ and playing against a team that is clearly rebuilding and trying for the #1 overall pick. I will win regardless, i am playing for high points.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Sermon was ahead of Mitchell all preseason, from my understanding it was only because of Sermon missing curfue, or similar for why he was not active week 1. It was not related to performance.

Both Mitchell and Hasty did an awful job blocking. I cannot find the article now but the both allowed QB hits/sacks on the few times they were asked to block.

Shanahan is a d1ck and it is impossible to tell what he will do from one week to the next.

Don't get me wrong, it could be the Mitchell show, however i would not be shocked if it was not. You cannot tell with the information we have. He can(and did) bench a young up and coming first round draft pick WR randomly, because that is how shanahan rolls.

Where did this curfew rumor start?  Mitchell was told days in advance he was the #2.  When did Sermon supposedly miss curfew?

Shanahan said that Eli beat him out.  Keep in mind Eli was hurt for a good chunk of preseason.

23 minutes ago, nobody said:

Where did this curfew rumor start?  Mitchell was told days in advance he was the #2.  When did Sermon supposedly miss curfew?

Shanahan said that Eli beat him out.  Keep in mind Eli was hurt for a good chunk of preseason.

Found the source, it was a writer for niner nation.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/9/12/22669986/49ers-vs-lions-game-thread-will-the-49ers-runaway-with-this-one-on-the-road

5 minutes ago, DrG said:

9ers claimed Trenton Cannon off waivers.

Scrape, scrape.

That was an interesting claim. But I think it was more of a special team move. Insurance for a rb injury, but he helps on ST. That's my guess.

• Like 1

Such a giveaway.  Shanny is so pulling everyone's leg.

If he truly believe Trey sucked he wouldn't let him run with the first team all training camp/preseason.

If he truly believe Trey was 4th on the pecking order, he wouldn't even bother answering the questions the way he did.

Typical motivation antics.

3 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Such a giveaway.  Shanny is so pulling everyone's leg.

If he truly believe Trey sucked he wouldn't let him run with the first team all training camp/preseason.

If he truly believe Trey was 4th on the pecking order, he wouldn't even bother answering the questions the way he did.

Typical motivation antics.

Agreed. 

22 minutes ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I’m very comfortable to say Trey will emerge the starter very shortly...

...geologically speaking.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

If Ian Rappaport is to be believed Elijah Mitchell is "expected to carry the load,"

Don't let Shanahan hear you...

1 hour ago, nobody said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/322888/elijah-mitchell-expected-to-carry-load-out-backfield-49ers.php%3famp

If Ian Rappaport is to be believed Elijah Mitchell is "expected to carry the load," but I'm not sure if that's his speculation or sourced.

I get the feeling Shanny enjoys trolling FF players.

For what it's worth Schefter backed up the perspective that Mitchell is the lead back.

Mitchell first rb in SF history to go over 100 yds in his debut. He gets a crack at the job.

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Mitchell hurt. Sermon gets his first touch, hurt and fumbled. 

On 9/15/2021 at 7:22 PM, AxeElf said:

Basically if you're a RB and you play for the 49ers or the Ravens, it's the equivalent of being the guy in the red shirt on Star Trek.

• Like 1

That hit on Sermon was pretty gnarly.  Head down helmet right to the back.  Probably a concussion, but hopefully he didn't have some neck injury.  Wouldn't be surprised if he misses practice this week.

Just now, TimHauck said:

So Sermon got 8 yards on his 1 carry though?

He's averaging more than Dobbins, and Dobbins was like a 3rd round pick!

On 9/19/2021 at 7:48 PM, Skinny_Bastard said:

Jeff Wilson Jr watch officially on. 
Expected return is week 6. 

Yeah I stashed him today if for no other reason he won me the league last year. Felt like I owed him that ha..

Reports have Mitchell doubtful, w/Sermon the ‘likely’ starter & Trenton Cannon + Jacques Patrick active as well.  Anyone have  confidence w/Sermon as an active start or flex in lineups? In W3 rankings, whats his placement…who does he start over?  I’m at around the Gaskins mark. Higher or lower?

I think it would be very difficult to trust him.