Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Tony pollard trade value. To acquire as a zeke owner

I slept on pollard and he got taken a pick before me and as a zeke owner I’d like to acquire him. I can wait and see if he gets dropped or try to acquire him now. The only guys I’d be willing to trade are singletary, Cobb, Watkins or possibly Hines but I feel Hines has stand alone value and because of that he’s worth more than just pollard so the other 3 I’m more willing to part with. Am I being over excited about getting pollard but if zeke goes down I’d be in trouble be wide. It’s a full point ppr redraft league. 

Din't you draft any other RBs?

If you have short benches, I'd probly wait it out and see if he has to drop Pollard early on, but if he can probly stash him all year, then you'll probly have to trade for him if it's important to you.  As you mentioned with Hines, though, I'd probly rather try to acquire RBs with standalone value, and some of them probly wouldn't cost you much more than Pollard (Mark Ingram, Tony Jones, Jr., maybe even James Conner).

What wr do you roster besides Cobb and Watkins? 

Plus I think Singletary has some stand  alone value l not a lot but some.  

Thanks w

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What wr do you roster besides Cobb and Watkins? 

Plus I think Singletary has some stand  alone value l not a lot but some.  

Thanks w

I have Hopkins, mclarurin, Julio, jeudy, 10man league 

57 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Din't you draft any other RBs?

If you have short benches, I'd probly wait it out and see if he has to drop Pollard early on, but if he can probly stash him all year, then you'll probly have to trade for him if it's important to you.  As you mentioned with Hines, though, I'd probly rather try to acquire RBs with standalone value, and some of them probly wouldn't cost you much more than Pollard (Mark Ingram, Tony Jones, Jr., maybe even James Conner).

My other rbs are zeke, hunt, Hines, javonta Williams, Hines, singeltary. I went wr heavy this draft mostly because that’s what this league dictates. 

If you can trade Watkins or Cobb for Pollard I would do that. 

Nice WRs. 

Hey good luck with this decision and the season. 

Thanks w

1 hour ago, Lamb of God said:

The only guys I’d be willing to trade are singletary, Cobb, Watkins or possibly Hines

Everybody thinks their own guys are the poop, but if you drafted these guys after he drafted Pollard, he's probly not gonna want to trade the guy he picked OVER all of them FOR any of them.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Nice WRs. 

Thanks w

Thanks. I look back I prob should’ve taken say Harris or ceh over a second wr but I thought they’d fall back in a couple picks and didn’t happen. With this league only mandating one rb it goes pretty well heavy but the guy who had cook and Barkley then took ceh in front of me which made my choice of going with another wr in that spot. 

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Everybody thinks their own guys are the poop, but if you drafted these guys after he drafted Pollard, he's probly not gonna want to trade the guy he picked OVER all of them FOR any of them.

Nope he took pollard in like the 14th rd. Right in front of me then I took a defense 

Just now, Lamb of God said:

Nope he took pollard in like the 14th rd. Right in front of me then I took a defense 

I just don’t take backup rbs or backup qbs l hate eating a roster spot for potential when I can take a guy who’s a starting player with a roll who could command trade value if they pan out. 

1 minute ago, Lamb of God said:

So you're telling me you coveted Pollard, but you drafted Watkins, Cobb and Hines while he was still on the board?

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you're telling me you coveted Pollard, but you drafted Watkins, Cobb and Hines while he was still on the board?

I didn’t “covet” pollard just like I said I go for people who are actually playing in a starting roll. But by that time he got him in the draft I should’ve gone for my #1rb backup and just slept on it and he got taken right before me, that was rd 14. I took cobb and Watkins in the 15 and 16rd. 

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Nice WRs. 

Thanks w

Thanks. I also have Michael Thomas as I got him late so he’s just waiting in the wings so to speak. 

33 minutes ago, Lamb of God said:

I didn’t “covet” pollard

2 hours ago, Lamb of God said:

I slept on pollard and he got taken a pick before me and as a zeke owner I’d like to acquire him.

I don't know how old you are, or the extent of your vocabulary, but that is literally the definition of "covet": "yearn to possess or have (something)."

35 minutes ago, Lamb of God said:

that was rd 14. I took cobb and Watkins in the 15 and 16rd. 

This is what I'm saying.  Cobb and Watkins were on the board when he took Pollard.  He chose Pollard OVER Cobb or Watkins.  Now you're going to offer him Cobb or Watkins, and expect him to want them more than Pollard now.

Taken to it's logical conclusion, that would be like missing out on Henry in the 1st, so you draft an extra Kicker later and offer him to get Henry.

I don't own Zeke in either of my leagues but took pollard in both. I would let him rot on the bench before I traded him for any of the players you mentioned. He is a lotto ticket that could win big if Zeke is injured.  

10 hours ago, Lamb of God said:

Thanks. I also have Michael Thomas as I got him late so he’s just waiting in the wings so to speak. 

Might consider trying to flip Thomas and rb from your bench. Target Pollard and a wr coming back. Thomas still has name value so someone might bite. 

Just a thought. Might not be a good thought but who knows...

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I don't know how old you are, or the extent of your vocabulary, but that is literally the definition of "covet": "yearn to possess or have (something)."

This is what I'm saying.  Cobb and Watkins were on the board when he took Pollard.  He chose Pollard OVER Cobb or Watkins.  Now you're going to offer him Cobb or Watkins, and expect him to want them more than Pollard now.

Taken to it's logical conclusion, that would be like missing out on Henry in the 1st, so you draft an extra Kicker later and offer him to get Henry.

Hey AxeElf, give the guy a freakin break - I doubt he was coveting your specific input in the first place. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

i have a question for you. because i notice you have a habit of talking down to people on this board. who exactly do you think you are? I know you think you're some matthew berry equivalent, but I want to let you know that you are a nobody. your opinion is worth as much as anyone elses. Also, if you could stop referring to yourself in the third person like a narcissist that would be great. clown.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

who exactly do you think you are?

Axe Elf thinks he is Axe Elf.

2 hours ago, The Shepherd said:

I doubt he was coveting your specific input in the first place.

This shows a significant lack of elf-esteem.

2 minutes ago, snatchit said:

I am just going to say this... I left this site last year, because I couldnt deal with AxeElf anymore. 

See what an extra year of maturity will do for you?

The problem with Pollard right now is his value is binary.  He's a stud if zeke gets hurt and he's nothing as long as zeke is healthy.  The problem with trying to trade for him now is the guy who drafted him only sees the potential RB1.  You'd be better off waiting until after week 2 and trading for him then after he puts up 4 points in weeks 1 and 2.

19 minutes ago, snatchit said:

AxeElf doesnt get that and try's to imply I am stupid.

You can't make this stuff up.

OP just start low like one of those deep WRs and of you get a bite, but don’t wait l Watkins isn’t ever going to back it into your starting line up.  I doubt that you’ll get Pollard that cheap, but one never knows.  

I cant wait for Ray to come unto this thread and defend the elf, should be anytime now, lol.w 

Thanks w

19 hours ago, Lamb of God said:

I slept on pollard and he got taken a pick before me and as a zeke owner I’d like to acquire him. I can wait and see if he gets dropped or try to acquire him now. The only guys I’d be willing to trade are singletary, Cobb, Watkins or possibly Hines but I feel Hines has stand alone value and because of that he’s worth more than just pollard so the other 3 I’m more willing to part with. Am I being over excited about getting pollard but if zeke goes down I’d be in trouble be wide. It’s a full point ppr redraft league. 

Can you trade picks for next year?  If I decided to take what I consider a lesser player I would want a decent pick to go with it.