Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

which rookie did you draft this year

just curious which rookies you are taking a chance on this year?

Justin Fields (16th round) and Niko Collins (20th last round)

Michael Carter (8th round) and Amon Ra St Brown (16th last round)

In year two of my dynasty team rebuild, I've gone rookie heavy the past two drafts.

Last season I got Justin Herbert, CeeDee Lamb, and Antonio Gibson, which will hopefully be a QB1,RB1, and WR1 for years to come. I got some other WRs too, so hopefully I will be stacked.

This season, I hoped to add the TE of the future, and drafted Kyle Pitts. I also took Trey Lance and Chubba Hubbard.

While my team isn't really much of a contender this season, I think I have an excellent foundation for the future.

Who is gonna be the better QB?

Justin Fields or Trey Lance?

I draft a lot of Najee Harris and Amon-Ra St. Brown.

Zach Wilson looks like the best of the rookie QBs, but I have yet to test that theory by axually drafting him.

Rhamondre Stevenson - RB for Patriots. 4th rounder out of Oklahoma.  A bruiser back who blew up in preseason.  Cheap lotto ticket.

Got Pitts beginning of round 6. 

im monitoring Terrace Marshall on waivers….seeing if curtis samuel is worth a dam

Etienne. I lose my ir spot this year. But if I can keep him, he's a 10th rd rb for me next year. Had M. Thomas fill the spot for me last year and he did squat, so why not?

4 leagues this year…2 dynasty and 2 re-draft.

In re-draft league with 14 teams, ended up with no rookies.  In my 12 team re-draft took J. Williams as my RB3.

In my first dynasty, got T. Sermon (don’t have him in my week 1 lineup) and stashed Etienne on IR.  In my second dynasty have D. Smith as my WR4, Lawrence as my backup QB, and St. Brown as my last bench spot.

WRs

Waddle MIA

J. Palmer LAC (dynasty)

RB

Gainwell PHI

Rountree LAC (Dynasty)

TE

Pitts, ATL think he's special

Edwards and Trautman aren’t rookies. 

Own J Williams on two teams , And Sermon on two teams.  

Thanks w

I only had a couple late picks this year. I grabbed Kylin Hill and Jaret Patterson.

My priority......... Rookie RB-Sermon

Why ?.............49ers have one of the 3- top run blocking lines in the NFL......Mostert is a constant IR victim.......

I have Sermon and DeVonte in my 10 team redraft.

In my dynasty, I have Trevor Lawrence, Josh Palmer, Kylin Hill, Jermar Jefferson, and Jaret Patterson.  I also drafted Kawaan Baker and Josh Johnson (runningback out of ULALA signed by Seahawks as an undrafted free agent), but I dropped them both for other guys.

Stevenson. Hoping on Bellicheck being his usual dik self about RB’s amd this kid getting a chunk of work. Also Pitts. This kid looks like Randy Moss circa 1998. I question if he will be designated a TE next year. Freak. 

Even if he’s designated as te this season, I think he’ll be out wide of the te slot often. I think Hurst will still get a lot of work at te this season. Hurst will make for a good stream. 

I have Pitts, Waddle and Lawrence. Pitt's is going to win me the ring this year, book it. Lawrence is my plan B because I also have Allen. Waddle is a just in case pick, I got him round 14, just in case it turns out Tua can ball. Re-draft, I only do one league a year. 

57 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hoping on Bellicheck being his usual dik self about RB’s amd this kid getting a chunk of work.

This statement is internally inconsistent, and self-contradictory.

Belichick being "his usual dik self" would require him to redshirt his freshman players as he always does, so this would mean only minimal work for Stevenson.

You either hope that Belichick turns over a new leaf, or that this kid DOESN'T get a chunk of work.

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This statement is internally inconsistent, and self-contradictory.

Belichick being "his usual dik self" would require him to redshirt his freshman players as he always does, so this would mean only minimal work for Stevenson.

You either hope that Belichick turns over a new leaf, or that this kid DOESN'T get a chunk of work.

I’ll take the exact same chunk of work he gave to Sony Michel his rookie year. HTH. 

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ll take the exact same chunk of work he gave to Sony Michel his rookie year. HTH. 

Ah, so NOT the usual from Belichick, then...  Got it.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Ah, so NOT the usual from Belichick, then...  Got it.

There are many, many facets to Bellichecks dikishness. I was referring to his use of rb’s. He obviously plays rookies, I don’t know where you’re getting that red shirt thing from. Gronk had 10 td’s his rookie year.  HTH. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gronk had 10 td’s his rookie year.

Finding a few counterexamples doesn't disprove a "usual."

The Usual

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The Usual

You’re not getting it. I’ll lay it out: Bellicheck rotates his backs, so fantasy players call him a dik.  I’m hoping he continues to rotate his backs, because that’s what he does. Stay the same Bill. You tried to make it about him red shirting rookies, which has been shown not to be the case. Mac Jones, also a rookie. HTH. 

12 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The Usual

I don’t really care about defensive  and non skill position rookies, who are lumped in with all rookies. Do you? I play fantasy football. Guards and Linebackers don’t factor in. HTH 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t really care about defensive  and non skill position rookies, who are lumped in with all rookies. Do you? I play fantasy football. Guards and Linebackers don’t factor in. HTH 

Coaching trends do.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Coaching trends do.

I’ll take the same amount of work Bellicheck gave Laurence Maroney his rookie year. 

I joined a 12 team keeper. I drafted 3 rookies in Wilson, Elijah Moore and Rondale Moore.

Terrace Marshall has gotten some love, but Darnold sucks imo. He can't support 3 receivers, and he has two better than him on the team.

2 QB Keeper league: Lance, Harris, Carter, Palmer, R. Moore

Redraft (1 player keeper): D. Smith, Sermon

Redraft: Fields, J. Williams

2 QB Redraft: None.

Javonte, Amon-Ra, and Trey Lance... avoiding age like the plague as my geriatric team let me down last year...

I drafted Javonte Williams, Trey Sermon and Michael Carter in one league.  Figure at least one of them has to pan out.  The hard part will be not dropping them before that happens.

I wouldn’t drop J Williams nor would I drop Sermon, but Carter can go.