Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

which rookie did you draft this year

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t drop J Williams nor would I drop Sermon, but Carter can go. 

I’m more referring to after like 4 games or so if they’ve seen limited action and I need to replace someone else that’s out with an injury or something.

In a lot of my leagues I went big on Javonte Williams. Where I drafted I didn't have a shot at Najee Harrisbut felt it was good I didn't get him because I was able to get JW. Williams is going to be a stud. Since I'm a 49ers fan I was able to get Lance and Trey Sermon in a couple of leagues. Sermon may not ever be a big workload guy but in Shanny's schemes he has good value IMO. Lance will win the 49ers a superbowl period. One other guy I drafted that I lime his future is Jets WR Elijah Moore. I think he and Wilson develop a great connection early on, inspite of Corey Davis,.and he could easliy blow up next year. There's a lot of mouths to feed with the Steelers WR group but in some of my leagues I took a late round flier in TE Pat Freiermuth. Yeah, they have Ebron but as the season progresses TE Freier 'tuck'  will get more involved in the passing game. Especially in the redzone. He could be a td machine inside the 20. I really think he has the chance of scoring more td's than the highly touted Kyle Pitts. If you have room, even in redraft, or if he's on waivers pick him up before he.starts scoring td's Ala Gronk.

Ones doesn’t need to wait four games to drop a player from the Jets.  

To many other rb options on the Jets , a team that will have a problem being offensive productive.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ones doesn’t need to wait four games to drop a player from the Jets.  

To many other rb options on the Jets , a team that will have a problem being offensive productive.  

I agree with you from the RB perspective. Although I think garbage time will be great for the WRs that Wilson latches on to.

But which one do you trust will be receiving those garbage time work.  

Davis, Crowder, K Cole, E Moore, D Mims , can one really trust starting one of those WRs as a wr2 or even a flex, I would think everyone as better options then banking on garbage time.  

On 9/8/2021 at 11:27 PM, TimHauck said:

I drafted Javonte Williams, Trey Sermon and Michael Carter in one league.  Figure at least one of them has to pan out.  The hard part will be not dropping them before that happens.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:28 PM, weepaws said:

I wouldn’t drop J Williams nor would I drop Sermon, but Carter can go. 

On 9/9/2021 at 7:10 AM, TimHauck said:

I’m more referring to after like 4 games or so if they’ve seen limited action and I need to replace someone else that’s out with an injury or something.

Welp, got antsy and dropped Sermon and Carter already.   At least Williams may be looking promising.

Sermon might get the start this weekend.  

On 9/6/2021 at 8:36 AM, Kopy said:

I only had a couple late picks this year. I grabbed Kylin Hill and Jaret Patterson.

I actually managed to grab Larry Rountree after week 1's waivers. So with no picks in the first 2 rounds of the rookie draft, and alittle bit of luck. I ended up with Hill, Patterson, and Rountree.

And then losing Irv Smith Jr (my backup TE) for the year. I traded my 2nd rounder next year for Pat Freiermuth.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:00 AM, Gepetto said:

I drafted Javonte Williams

I also drafted Ty'Son Williams who I'm going to start this week in the flex with Tee Higgins likely out.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:34 PM, TimHauck said:

Welp, got antsy and dropped Sermon and Carter already.   At least Williams may be looking promising.

Too bad.... Eli Mitchell has been listed Q since last Sunday. 

Looks like Mitchell might be playing.  

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Too bad.... Eli Mitchell has been listed Q since last Sunday. 

Eh, I think the SF RBs thread convinced me that none of them were likely going to be worthwhile.

Nope I had my Niners Rbs mixed,, Mitchell looks to be out, Sermon and 13 other Rbs are good to go. 

Good luck. 

That was a fantastic move. 

I have Michael Carter in all of my leagues. I've gone on in plenty of threads about how much I think the 2 UNC RBs (Javonte 1, Carter 2) were the 2 best RB prospects in this years draft, Najee included.