Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

my 2 QB league

Hi guys.

just giving you guys the rundown of whats happening in my 12 team 2 QB league.

For those unaware 2 QB Leaugus are a lot like superflex. QB are more valuable as there are not enough for every team to have 2 starters and 1 backup.  so people hoard at the position.

In the league I kept Herbert, Cousins, and Mixon.   as far as keepers go it was kinda Meh.

I was a middling playoff team last year so I started off with $100 at the auction.   first place starts with $95.  last place with $105 and you gain/lose $1 for each spot you advance/retreat in teh final standings.

I wanst thrilled with my keepers, and looked and saw that 2 big time RB's were not kept.   Zeke and Barkley.

Zeke was the first one up for auction and I decided to go for it.   spent $41 of my $100 on him and then quickly realized I was likely going with the STuds and Duds strategy this year haha but at least I figured I'd have 2 top 10 RB's to keep next year.

in the end, I finished with the following roster

QB

Herbert

Cousins

Garoppolo

Dalton

RB

Zeke

Mixon

Latavius Murray

WR

Amari Cooper

Tee Higgins

Golladay

Marquise Brown

DJ Chark

TE

Waller

K

Tucker

Defense

Indy

I can give a rundown and summary later if anyone wants.  Once I blew my money early on Zeke Waller and Cooper  I didnt win any more auctions until late in the draft

so most everyone else was late pickups on the cheap.

Can't believe you couldn't at least get a backup RB for a RB3, instead of a backup to the backup--and you probly could have gotten a starter (Ingram) for the same price.

At least you got Golladay.

C-

the mistake was spending 20 bucks on Cooper early in the draft.   Could have had Aiyuk and a better backup. who actually starts somewhere.

good news is that every year I make a good free agent pickup.

if I can make a good one at RB I"ll be ok.

25 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Sure; we can only rate the draft at this point.

T Jones still available?m

Also how much did Waller cost you? 

And what did Barkley go for? 

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

T Jones still available?m

Also how much did Waller cost you? 

And what did Barkley go for? 

surprisingly Waller only cost  me 17 bucks.

$3 less than Amari Cooper.   Kelce was kept and 3 TE's went for more money than Waller.

my thought is that I bought him before the market was set and got a deal on him.

in our league we start 2 WR and one WR/TE flex.   some teams will actually carry two TE's.   I

've never found use for that strategy except when filling bye weeks, but there are a couple in my league who like to do it.

but it has been a strange year. I've never seen TE's going for significant money until last couple years when I bought Kelce and last year when I bought Waller.

I actually paid more for Waller last year than I did this year.

as for what Barkley went for I'd have to look it up.  (just came home from the game so I dont have that info handy) but I think he went for around $31 or $32.   unfortunately I had already bought Zeke.   If I had known Barkley went for this price I may have held off on Zeke and bought Barkley.  

This year I like Zeke more, but in terms of long term Value Barkley may be higher than Zeke (or at least similar)   The difference between him and Zeke isnt 20%.  I'll say that for sure.  though admittedly I may have overpaid for Zeke.

Yea I agree Barkley is a good value at that price.  But ones doesn’t know. 

Now you said three tes went for more then Waller , I’m Guessing Kittle and Pitts where to of them, who was the third? 

Thanks w

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Now you said three tes went for more then Waller , I’m Guessing Kittle and Pitts where to of them, who was the third? 

Thanks w

Kelce I guess. 

He said Kelce was kept 

Andrews?

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

Thanks w

Kelce I guess. 

I don’t know one would think Andrews. 

But I’ll wait and see.  

On 9/7/2021 at 1:15 PM, weepaws said:

I don’t know one would think Andrews. 

But I’ll wait and see.  

yes it was Andrews.   bidding war.

Like I said, I got Waller cheap. I think he was the second or third player up for auction and the price for TE's hadnt been set.

but WR's who put up comparable numbers to Waller went for a lot more money.   

thought I would update you all on where this went.j

Week 1.  

Looked pretty good. While the player I spent a ton of Auction dollars laid an egg, everyone else on my team performed.  I cruised to a 146 -112 victory and had the second highest score in the league this week.

Week 2

I was feeling a bit cocky and the fantasy gods made me pay.

herbert was meh,  waller didnt play well and neither did Golladay.  my opponent picked up and started Heinicke and had a monster game from both Henry and Aaron Jones.

I still scored 100 points but he put up 150 on me so I got the big L this week.

Week 3.

of course, week 3 isnt over, but I've already won my game.  my opponent the Yokels didnt really put up much of a fight.  All their players have played and they didnt even get 90 points.  I currently have 123 points and still have Zeke and Amari Cooper to play on Monday.  if my players score as projected I should have the highest or second highest score of the week which would make me the second highest scoring team in the league up to this point.  Herbert put up a huge week.  Cousins was very good and I got a fantastic performance from the Saints Defense and Justin Tucker.  everyone else was ordinary or slightly subpar but they didnt need to be outstanding this week.

so after 3 weeks the team is 2-1   looking okay so far so long as the team stays healthy.  Stay tuned.

• Like 1

week 4

an interesting week but I came out a winnner.

zeke went off for 20 points and nearly all my players performed decently.   Cousins had a subpar game, but that was offset by the zeke game.

I am now 3-1 and in third place.  but in total points scored I rank #2. 

but with Mixon possibly hurt, I'm going to have to use my FAAB budget to get myself another RB.   one of the downsides of spending so much on Zeke was that I wouldnt have the Depth at certain positions.  RB being one of them.

there are 2 or 3 solid targets out there due to injury and I'm hoping to snag one.

I forgot to update week 5 so here goes:

it looked like it was gonna be a rough one.  

Mixon was out with injury so I picked up Williams from Chicago and spent a fair bit of my FAAB to get him.  he had a solid game getting me over 14 points.  not bad for a waiver wire pickup.

Golladay got hurt early in his matchup which hurt too.  cousins had a below average day, but Herbert Lit it up big time.  Brown and Elliott had big games too.

My opponent had a good game, but I ended up winning on Malcolm Browns TD late in the Baltimore game. 

This moved me to 4-1.  I am now ranked #2 as the first place team lost and dropped to third (I rank ahead of him based on points scored)  but basically it is a 3 way tie for first based on wins only.

Week 6 (this week)

I played a non playoff team, but had players coming back from injury.  Its always tough to say if they will perform the first week back but sometimes you gotta take a chance.

This week Cousins lit it up while Herbert had his worst game of the year.  it all worked out because one of his QB's were on a bye and his replacement ended up not playing

His team scored reasonably well across the board but missing the QB hurt him. My team was also solid across the board.  I won my game 133-105.  not a super convincing win, but a win is a win and I had players who were hurting so I was happy to get the production I did.

The first place team lost so now I am ranked #1 in a tie with another team at 5-1.  I am in first based on more points scored.

we play each other next week.

Sadly I have both of my starting QB's, Zeke, and Amari Cooper on a bye and Golladay is injured while Williams is out with Covid.

so its not looking great.  I do have Garoppolo to fill in the one QB slot, but the other will be vacant for this game.  he has guys on bye too, but definitely has the advantage.

Either way, after 6 games I'm in first place. I cant complain.  Especially given the injuries I've had so far.

I think Axe elf may have to upgrade my C-minus grade he gave me.  this doesnt feel like a C-minus team.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I think Axe elf may have to upgrade my C-minus grade he gave me.  this doesnt feel like a C-minus team.

On 9/6/2021 at 4:18 PM, Ray_T said:

good news is that every year I make a good free agent pickup.

On 9/6/2021 at 4:44 PM, AxeElf said:

Sure; we can only rate the draft at this point.

Like I said, I rated your draft.  One big criticism was not having a backup RB--at the time, Murray was about to be cut from the Saints.  If he had been the lead RB of the Ravens at the time, that would have helped.

You also say you've had lots of injuries--and that you won your Week 5 game due to your waiver wire pickups, Damien Williams and Malcolm Brown--thereby effectively addressing the RB weakness that I criticized.

So you're not really playing the same team that I graded; that explains why it doesn't feel like a C-minus team.

Good job Ray, I hope your team keeps up the good work. 

Week 7, as predicted at the end of week 6.   my bye week hell wasnt pretty.   both my starting QB's and my #1 RB were on bye as well as a starting WR.  I couldnt fill all the holes in my roster so I dropped to 5-2 as predicted

Week 8: I came back with a win.  had to cover a couple more byes but was able to pull it out.

Now sitting at 6-2 and in second place.

I just spent a few FAAB dollars on Adrian Petersen.  I dont need much.  I just need him to be adequate enough to fill in for injuries and byes when they come up.

Zeke had his bye, so if all goes well I only need one start out of him.

also picked up Aiyuk on Waivers.  I have a game against another playoff team so hopefully I can get the W.

Peterson was a good bench move.  

Good luck 

On 11/4/2021 at 11:51 AM, weepaws said:

Peterson was a good bench move.  

Good luck 

it sure looks  like it.  just a quick update.  Aiyuk was dropped and I picked him up and sat him on my bench this week.   Right or wrong... I believe the guy will turn it around, and so far he hasnt disappointed.

the results are in this week(for my game at least).  I got the highest score of the week and was playing the guy who got the second highest score.   close fight, but I"m getting the W this week and moving to 7-2 and in second place.

the first place guy is starting to have QB troubles as Darnold (his second QB)isnt performing up to the level he was early in the season.   That said, I have high hopes I can overtake him.

another guy has emailed me asking if I'd consider dealing him one of my QB's.  he made a few crappy trade requests earlier.  I likely wont deal, but if I do send him a QB, it will be Garoppolo.  but if I make that deal, he has to help me elsewhere in my lineup to make that deal work for me..... we shall see.  QB's in 2 QB leagues or superflex leagues tend to be like gold. nobody sells unless getting a kings ransom.   If hes willing to pay I may deal him, but I'm really not excited to deal unless getting serious help elsewhere. 

No question Peterson was a good pick, and even more so this time of a ff season, non ppr hard to find a better one.  

Congrats on your season it’s been fun to follow along. 

ok I realized I didnt update last week, so here goes.

I played against the 5th place team but it was a dangerous matchup.  hes the highest scoring team in the league.   hes been hit or miss a bit because Mahomes and Jackson have been a bit inconsistent.

I had Mixon, Tee Higgins, and Golladay on byes, so it wasnt looking as good as it could

I had Adrian Peterson set to start, but then saw Jordan Howard on the wire and picked him up and started him in Mixons slot.  turned out to be a good move as Peterson didnt have a good game but not enough to pull out the W.

the team performed below average, but could have won if Mahomes didnt get 40 fantasy points.   That killed me.  I lost.  but remained in second place as the third and 4th place teams also lost.

Fast forward to this week.  at full strength, the team is looking good.  up against a team ravaged by injury.  game isnt over, but it looks like a win.  I currently have a 50 point lead with Golladay to play.  he has Brady.

currently playing is Herbert for me and Claypool for him.

odds are good I will move to 8-3 and remain in second place.  the team that beat me last week has knocked off the first place team, so hes one game ahead of me.

Next weeks game is against another playoff team.  hopefully things go well.  

I think EVERY user here should do this! Let's ALL post a weekly recap of ALL of our leagues!

Should be fun!

6 minutes ago, Law said:

I think EVERY user here should do this! Let's ALL post a weekly recap of ALL of our leagues!

Should be fun!

well, some leagues are more interesting than others.   

the main reason I posted this one is because its a 2 QB league.  not a lot of 2 QB leagues out there, and the ratings/rankings for 2 QB leagues is substantially different than other leagues.

so I figured this may be helpful to a few people. (or at least, that is the hope)

• Thanks 1

Did you win?

On 9/6/2021 at 5:05 PM, Ray_T said:

just giving you guys the rundown of whats happening in my 12 team 2 QB league.

Nobody cares about your fantasy team, other than you...

6 hours ago, posty said:

Nobody cares about your fantasy team, other than you...

then dont read the thread.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ray_T said:

then dont read the thread.

Makes us all happy and just don't post about it...

well, I'd prefer the first option. dont read the thread if you dont like whats being said.  some here seem to like it so you are not in the majority.

I dont care about your posts either but I dont go bitching to you about it.

I just ignore it.(as I should)

maybe you should do the same.

• Thanks 1

ok time for an update.

week 12,   I was 8-3 rolling in.  facing a fringe playoff team who has won 5 straight.

luckily I caught him on a bad week.  Naj didnt perform for him and neither did most of his WRs.

my lineup performed nearly all the way through and I cruised to a 131-102 win.

Week 13 I faced a team that is tied for third place.   they've been the giant killers getting wins against all the top teams (including myself earlier in the year)  this time I got my revenge.   his lineup was ravaged by injury which helped.  Henry is out for him and Boston Scott just couldnt get it done.  My team wasnt all that impressive.  my QBs lit it up and Tee Higgins did as well.  everyone else was Mediocre  but it was good enough to win 110-83.

The first place team lost again bringing me into a tie for first with a record of 10-3.   based on total points scored, I get the tiebreaker, so will be listed as the first place team going into the final week of the season.   a win gets me the regular season title and a cash payout.   The matchup is a good one.  Hopefully the team can perform.   I am a bit concerned about Waller and Zeke Elliott but my hope is that their Health improves to a point where they can be productive again.

cheers everyone.

Congrats 

Last game of the season, I play a lower tier playoff team.   Got a very good game from Herbert and solid production across the board except for at TE because of the injury to Waller.

I won 123-100 and claim first place overall.

the playoff week has been up and down.  started out good enough with Herbert giving me a good start.

then a number of my players laid an egg.   Looked like a loss for sure, but then something happened.... most of his players also laid an egg.

Thus the advantage of finishing first came to help me. I would likely be losing if I was playing one of the higher tier teams.  but my dud game might be good enough to pull this one out.

now it looks like a bit of a tossup.  I have a 5 point lead with Cousins left to play.   He has Chubb and Conklin.    Cousins is projected to score more than both of his guys together but its a close enough battle that an unexpected TD for him or if cousins underperforms it can still turn out badly for me.

looks like the game could go either way at this point but I feel my odds of winning are a bit better than 50-50.

here is hoping for a lucky win!

Good luck Ray, and that’s for the weekly updates.  

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Cool Story. What did you have for Breakfast?

Beer.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:36 AM, Ray_T said:

Last game of the season, I play a lower tier playoff team.   Got a very good game from Herbert and solid production across the board except for at TE because of the injury to Waller.

I won 123-100 and claim first place overall.

the playoff week has been up and down.  started out good enough with Herbert giving me a good start.

then a number of my players laid an egg.   Looked like a loss for sure, but then something happened.... most of his players also laid an egg.

Thus the advantage of finishing first came to help me. I would likely be losing if I was playing one of the higher tier teams.  but my dud game might be good enough to pull this one out.

now it looks like a bit of a tossup.  I have a 5 point lead with Cousins left to play.   He has Chubb and Conklin.    Cousins is projected to score more than both of his guys together but its a close enough battle that an unexpected TD for him or if cousins underperforms it can still turn out badly for me.

looks like the game could go either way at this point but I feel my odds of winning are a bit better than 50-50.

here is hoping for a lucky win!

I won my game this week.  it was a nailbiter.

Given the score I had no business winning anything, but being the #1 seed saved me.  my opponent also stunk the joint out, so I was able to get it done.

with luck the team remains healthy enough to win this week

Congrats 

update:  I won my playoff game this week.  

a good chunk of my lineup went off big time.   won by almost 70 points.

So I am in the finals.

it always concerns me when I score this much.  you worry about the come down but I cannot complain about being in the finals.

Go Team Go