Sign in to follow this  
Meatscarf

6th pick in 10 teamer

So I feel like I took best player available , I hate letting stud wrs get paired up with the stud rbs . Rbs went like hot cakes so I took what was staring at me no matter about need . What do you guys think? 
Qb-Allen 
Rbs-Gaskin, Hunt, Mostert,Jamaal Williams, Stephenson, McKinnon .

Wrs- Adams,Diggs,AJ Brown, Cooks, Gage

Te-Hockenson, Goerdart 

Not bad at all.

Excellent at WR and QB. if you can juggle the RBs right, then you should have a very good season

7 hours ago, Meatscarf said:

So I feel like I took best player available , I hate letting stud wrs get paired up with the stud rbs . Rbs went like hot cakes so I took what was staring at me no matter about need . What do you guys think? 
Qb-Allen 

Te-Hockenson, Goerdart 

It's kind of hard to imagine at what point in a 10 team, 14 player draft that McKinnon and Stevenson became the "best players available," but there's no accounting for taste.

A second TE is unnecessary, and your RBs are exceedingly poor for a 10 team league.

D+

8 hours ago, Meatscarf said:

Qb-Allen 

Te-Hockenson, Goerdart 

Ah, Reverse Draft, I did the same thing at 8th pick on Sunday, got Adams and Dhop...Really wanted Tyreek, but he went 10th.

Came back and got Carson and Montgomery then Dak/Higbee.  I'm  happy.

QB and WRs excellant but RBs leave a lot to be desired. Good try though. As said I don't think you need 2 TEs. Maybe try and move Goedert for an RB who'll at least get some opportunities. If Goedert has a hood week1 your chance of moving him for an rb get better. Depending on how Cooks and Gage start out there's a chance you.could move one of them for an rb. Cooks should see the majority of targetsfor Houston so he's probably your best bet to move him for an rb. Definitely move McKinnon if you can. Jamaal Williams should see a fair amount of work with Swift's availability in question for week 1. Stephenson's kind of a wildcard causeway don't know how much or when Bilicheat  will use him. Maybe package Cooks and Goedert and you should be able to get s decent running back for them. Good roster but you need to try and move a couple of guys to bolster your rb corps.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It's kind of hard to imagine at what point in a 10 team, 14 player draft that McKinnon and Stevenson became the "best players available," but there's no accounting for taste.

A second TE is unnecessary, and your RBs are exceedingly poor for a 10 team league.

D+

A second TE is kinda necessary until you see how involved they are IMO , if Goedart gets 7 catches in week one then I won’t be high enough on waiver wire to snag him if needed. If he gets 3 catches I drop him and snag someone who is more involved on another team . If I ever use McKinnon or Stephenson its because they are the clear #1 due to injuries but I’m not banking on them . Trades are tough to come by because every team in a 10 teamer is good on paper. I’m comfortable living in Scat Back City , I just never expected guys to take rbs 3 out of 4 rounds . I mean James Robinson, Mike Davis were drafted as #3 rbs before AJ Brown . Oh well. Thanks for input, as I always say “ the only draft that matters is the one your doing” . You don’t always benefit from doing a bunch of mock drafts

1 hour ago, DocNiner said:

QB and WRs excellant but RBs leave a lot to be desired. Good try though. As said I don't think you need 2 TEs. Maybe try and move Goedert for an RB who'll at least get some opportunities. If Goedert has a hood week1 your chance of moving him for an rb get better. Depending on how Cooks and Gage start out there's a chance you.could move one of them for an rb. Cooks should see the majority of targetsfor Houston so he's probably your best bet to move him for an rb. Definitely move McKinnon if you can. Jamaal Williams should see a fair amount of work with Swift's availability in question for week 1. Stephenson's kind of a wildcard causeway don't know how much or when Bilicheat  will use him. Maybe package Cooks and Goedert and you should be able to get s decent running back for them. Good roster but you need to try and move a couple of guys to bolster your rb corps.

Good post. I agree. 

4 minutes ago, Meatscarf said:

A second TE is kinda necessary until you see how involved they are

A 2nd TE is never necessary in a 10 team league, especially one that doesn't even have the job all to himself, on a team with a QB who has a 52% completion rate.

I’m trying to get ahead of Goedart getting the job all to himself , a 6th wr or another shitty RB didn’t interest me , that’s all I’m saying

I also had 6th in a 10 teamer and used a similar strategy, although I slightly reached for RB in 2 to make sure I got a top one and also really wanted to get one of the top 3 TE so took Kittle early.  I lucked out since lots of RBs I liked slipped to me in early-middle rounds after I took WR-RB-TE-QB.  That worked for me since I really liked some of the late WR picks and only need one to hit it big given I have Adams

QB: Murray

TE: Kittle

RB: N Harris, M Sanders, D Swift, D Henderson, J Williams

WR: D Adams, J Jeudy, C Davis, M Callaway, J Meyers, E Moore

1 hour ago, jeffmo2334 said:

I also had 6th in a 10 teamer and used a similar strategy, although I slightly reached for RB in 2 to make sure I got a top one and also really wanted to get one of the top 3 TE so took Kittle early.  I lucked out since lots of RBs I liked slipped to me in early-middle rounds after I took WR-RB-TE-QB.  That worked for me since I really liked some of the late WR picks and only need one to hit it big given I have Adams

WR: D Adams, J Jeudy, C Davis, M C.allaway, J Meyers, E Moore

Pretty good roster for the 6th pick. Is that Javonte or Jamaal? I'm guessing Jamaal since you have Swift. Sanders will be a pleasant surprise, IMO. I DO like your WR group. Adams top 3 for sure. Jeudy will have 1,000 yds. and 7-9 tds. C. Davis will be Wilson's go to guy all year.  Not sure how Meyers will fare but I think you got a real gem in Elijah Moore. Zach Wilson's will love having Davis and Moore to throw to. I like Wilson's wr's more than Trevor's group which most will say the Jags wr's are better than the Jets group.

Lastly you definitely have a top 3 TE in my 49er buddy George 'the animal' Kittle. He.plays angry which could hinder his availability but I think he stays healthy all year and will really connect with Trey Lance.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

A 2nd TE is never necessary in a 10 team league, especially one that doesn't even have the job all to himself, on a team with a QB who has a 52% completion rate.

1 hour ago, jeffmo2334 said:

WR: D Adams, J Jeudy, C Davis, M Callaway, J Meyers, E Moore

Your team is solid , GL

Also 6th in a ten teamer, 6 pts all TD’s, 1/2 PPR

Qb- Brady/ Herbert

RB- Ekler/ J Taylor/ Javonte Williams/ S Michel/ G Bernard

WR- McLauren/M Evans/Dionte Johnson/ C Sutton/ Mike Williams

TE - L Thomas / Gronk

D- WFT

Sucks to get stuck with Ekeler as your RB1 in a half-PPR league, but I guess that's what you get when you show up late to the draft and get autodrafted for a round or two.  Looks like maybe you arrived in the 5th round or so, after you'd already been given Ekeler, Taylor, McLaurin and Evans.

You did a fair job of trying to salvage the team from there, but the damage was already done.  Next time show up on time.

C-

• Confused 1