Sign in to follow this  
schmitty34

Tips for 11th pick in 12 team PPR

Long time fantasy player that hasn't played for a few years...just got burnt out...but I'm joining a new league this year to dip my toe back in. 

12 team, full PPR.  Passing TDs are worth 6 and I suspect QBs may be drafted a little earlier than typical.  

Any tips for the 11th pick in this year's draft?  I'm a bit old school so tend to draft RBs early, but in today's NFL and the 11th pick I'm really going to need to fight that urge.  

3 minutes ago, schmitty34 said:

Long time fantasy player that hasn't played for a few years...just got burnt out...but I'm joining a new league this year to dip my toe back in. 

12 team, full PPR.  Passing TDs are worth 6 and I suspect QBs may be drafted a little earlier than typical.  

Any tips for the 11th pick in this year's draft?  I'm a bit old school so tend to draft RBs early, but in today's NFL and the 11th pick I'm really going to need to fight that urge.  

I'm guessing that the 6 point passing TD's won't matter.  I'm in a league like that and only 5 QB's were taken in the first 6 rounds.  Old school works better now than it did before.  If you can get guys Gibson, Harris, Mixon, or Barkley at 11/14, then do it.  The depth at WR is way better than it used to be.  Now, if you can get guys like Jones, Taylor, or Ekeler, because guys are drafting QB's, then you're better for it.  I think you're better off with say Jones/Gibson and Woods/Evans than you are with Jones/Jacobs and Diggs/Evans.

I understand the fighting the urge for taking two RB’s first, but you are right in that you will need to fight that urge. You will want your first two picks to be RB and WR or vice versa. If D. Adam’s drops to you at 11, I would take him and then possibly N. Harris at the turn. I personally would then do the same again with your 3rd and 4th pick. The only change with 6 point QB scoring is it will help raise the value of your Pocket throwing QB’s which means you can actually wait on QB instead of trying to get those running QB’s early. 

Good luck!

If Adams or Hill drops to you at 11 take one of them. 

Thanks w

Rbs get thin quick, you need at least one out of your first 2 picks. If you can get 2 , believe me , the draft will be more comfortable going forward .Gl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devildog83 said:

I understand the fighting the urge for taking two RB’s first, but you are right in that you will need to fight that urge. You will want your first two picks to be RB and WR or vice versa. If D. Adam’s drops to you at 11, I would take him and then possibly N. Harris at the turn. I personally would then do the same again with your 3rd and 4th pick. The only change with 6 point QB scoring is it will help raise the value of your Pocket throwing QB’s which means you can actually wait on QB instead of trying to get those running QB’s early. 

Good luck!

Good point on the QBs.  It makes me wonder if Stafford is going to be a solid later round QB.  He's ranked pretty low in some lists and has a chance to improve his stats on a better team with a better system (at least that's what Ram's fans believe).

You would think Stafford could perform better on the Rams. I think Rodgers and Brady will both throw a lot TD’s again this year. Those two are being drafted around QB7 - QB9. Stafford has been QB12 or 13. 

Hopefully one of the top3,IMO, of Adams, Hill and Diggs should be there and.come back and take Ridley if he's there. The top rbs will be gone by 11.so why not.load up on a couple of top 5 receiverss.and roll with the best available rb in the 3rd. Depending on how the QBs are taken, which you might not get a top 5 one there should be some decent backs left in the 4th.