Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

It's Bold Prediction Time

Rhamondre Stevenson and/or Tony Jones Jr will finish within top 15 fantasy running back.

Clinton Portis changes plea to “Black Lives Matter,” is exonerated of all charges, becomes new host of The View. 

• Haha 1

I hope your right. Keep us posted.  

Kevin Smith comes out of retirement and has a monster week 17 game with 200 yards and 4 touchdowns

Trey Lance takes over Jimmy G's QB job by Week 3 and has rookie year identical to RG3's rookie year:

3200 passing yards w 20 TD;  815 rushing yards and 7 rushing TD's

That’s not good news for those shaken  the Zeke owners. 

Tannehill: 5000 yards, 38 TDs, 5 Rushing TDs, MVP

N. Harris: 1250 yards, 12 TDs, ROTY

Vikings Win NFC North

T. Lawerence: 15 TDs, 17 INTs

AJ Green and Julio that was taken in the 1st round in 2011... on different teams now playing each other week 1. Will both score a TD Sunday. 

When the Titans play the Chiefs in Week 7, Derrick Henry will throw more TD passes than Patrick Mahomes.

• Haha 1

So how are your predictions looking?

waller has a ways to go, so long as the injury is minor….he still has a chance.

I am liking my predictions so far.

patriots D

On 9/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kyle Pitts will go for 1k and 10 Td’s.  

Got some work to do kid. At least make me half right.  

On 9/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, jrokh said:

Is this a bold prediction thread, or a decent chance of happening thread: Mike Gesicki finishes as a top 5 TE in half or full ppr.

Potentially nailed it...

Gesicki isn’t even on the top ten going into this weekend in ppr or 1/2 ppr in avg points per game. 

And after today’s great performance, he’s going to likely fall farther down in avg per game.  

Thanks. 

Tom Brady's a very handsome man. Him and a George Clooney sandwich.

Youza!!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Tom Brady's a very handsome man. Him and a George Clooney sandwich.

Youza!!!!!!!

So much for lunch 🤬

On 9/9/2021 at 6:45 PM, idlewild said:

Rhamondre Stevenson and/or Tony Jones Jr will finish within top 15 fantasy running back.

Clinton Portis changes plea to “Black Lives Matter,” is exonerated of all charges, becomes new host of The View. 

Super close here.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/28/clinton-portis-financial-ruin-where-are-they-now

On 9/7/2021 at 4:10 PM, weepaws said:

T Higgins top ten wr non ppr 

Nope. 

On 9/8/2021 at 12:13 AM, weepaws said:

Everett te Seahawks top eight in avg per game points. N

Waller drops to fifth. 

Golladay is no better then a wr3.  

J Jones tops A.J. Brown avg points per game. 

Drake will avg more points per game then Jacobs.  

Conner stays someone healthy and scores 11 rushing tds.  

I’ll be back. 

Ok here. 

On 9/8/2021 at 12:29 AM, weepaws said:

The Patriots lead my rookie M Jones make the playoffs as a wild card.  

The Bills make it to the Super Bowl. 

The Niners make it to the Super Bowl. 

Like that M Jones.  

On 9/8/2021 at 7:25 AM, weepaws said:

OBJ is a high wr2 this season based on avg points per game in a non ppr. 

Nope

On 9/8/2021 at 10:51 AM, weepaws said:

The Raiders win the AFC west.  

Nope

On 9/8/2021 at 8:11 AM, weepaws said:

Fournette rushes for 1000 yards.  

Maybe

On 9/8/2021 at 10:22 PM, weepaws said:

S Michel will be the rb to own this season from the Rams.  

Nope

On 9/7/2021 at 12:34 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kyle Pitts will go for 1k and 10 Td’s.  

Nailed the yards. Not even close on the TD’s. If I had to bet I would have taken the td end of it over the yards. Patterson emerging didn’t help and Ridley checking out really didn’t help. 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nailed the yards. Not even close on the TD’s. If I had to bet I would have taken the td end of it over the yards. Patterson emerging didn’t help and Ridley checking out really didn’t help. 

he was playing on a weak team.

usually when that happens(for WR at least)  you go a bit over on the yards, but under on TDs.

either way 1000 yards for a rookie TE is damn impressive.   the fact you called it is pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 12:29 AM, weepaws said:

The Patriots lead my rookie M Jones make the playoffs as a wild card.  

The Bills make it to the Super Bowl. 

The Niners make it to the Super Bowl. 

I think the Hoody did a great job with his team .  

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

9 hours ago, Ray_T said:

he was playing on a weak team.

usually when that happens(for WR at least)  you go a bit over on the yards, but under on TDs.

either way 1000 yards for a rookie TE is damn impressive.   the fact you called it is pretty cool.

In my league, he's going to end up being a top 5 TE.  The exact numbers are irrelevant, so any investment in Pitts was a good one because odds are you took him after Kelce, Kittle, Waller, and Andrews, so it's not like there was a better option.  Sure, Shultz was a surprise top 5 TE, but no one had him there.  As far as I'm concerned, anyone who was anti-Pitts, was wrong on that.

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 9:22 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Brady reaching 5k and 50?  Close.  He currently has 3403 and 30... which projects to 5259 and 46.

Only 40 TD's, will probably end up with somewhere between 42 and 44, but he'll be around 5200 or 5300 yards... so I was close.

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In my league, he's going to end up being a top 5 TE.  The exact numbers are irrelevant, so any investment in Pitts was a good one because odds are you took him after Kelce, Kittle, Waller, and Andrews, so it's not like there was a better option.  Sure, Shultz was a surprise top 5 TE, but no one had him there.  As far as I'm concerned, anyone who was anti-Pitts, was wrong on that.

I think the whole “he’s a rookie te” thing was malarkey. Talent is talent. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have to agree with you on this one.

Pitts was kind of a bad even-money bet that happened to pay off.  The caveat was that to get him, you'd have to spend draft capital concomitant to one of the best rookie TE seasons in NFL history--and that's what those who made that bet got, one of the best rookie TE seasons in NFL history.  There was no reason to expect any more than that, but there was plenty of reason to suspect that he might NOT have one of the best rookie TE seasons in NFL history too--namely, that good rookie TE seasons are relatively rare.

So if you rolled the dice on Pitts, congrats, you got exactly what you paid for.  It could have been worse.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Pitts was kind of a bad even-money bet that happened to pay off.  The caveat was that to get him, you'd have to spend draft capital concomitant to one of the best rookie TE seasons in NFL history--and that's what those who made that bet got, one of the best rookie TE seasons in NFL history.  There was no reason to expect any more than that, but there was plenty of reason to suspect that he might NOT have one of the best rookie TE seasons in NFL history too--namely, that good rookie TE seasons are relatively rare.

So if you rolled the dice on Pitts, congrats, you got exactly what you paid for.  It could have been worse.

He busted for me as far as I’m concerned. Got him 5th round pick 2. But he didn’t completely bust. Get him up to 5-6 TD’s and I would have been pleased. I don’t get his lack of use in the red zone. I expect that to change next year. But in the end I got him too early. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

to some extent you are right.  but with the TE position, you need to learn both blocking assignments and the receiving routes.

I would argue its a bigger jump from college to pro for a TE than it is for a WR.

my guess (though it is only a guess) is that they had him focus on learning the standard packages and not the red zone packages.

I'd bet money that this changes next year.

but part of the issue also is that the team is crappy and didnt have the same number of red zone opportunities that most other teams enjoyed.j

I have no facts to support this, but typically bad teams do have less opportunities in the red zone than good teams do and I'd bet thats certainly a part of the reason you saw these numbers.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

to some extent you are right.  but with the TE position, you need to learn both blocking assignments and the receiving routes.

I would argue its a bigger jump from college to pro for a TE than it is for a WR.

my guess (though it is only a guess) is that they had him focus on learning the standard packages and not the red zone packages.

I'd bet money that this changes next year.

but part of the issue also is that the team is crappy and didnt have the same number of red zone opportunities that most other teams enjoyed.j

I have no facts to support this, but typically bad teams do have less opportunities in the red zone than good teams do and I'd bet thats certainly a part of the reason you saw these numbers.

Good analysis. But he defines was getting more attention from DB’s after Ridley went out and before Gage stepped up. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good analysis. But he decently was getting more attention from DB’s after Ridley went out and before Gage stepped up. 

That typically happens.  when one weapon goes away due to injury or whatever, then that extra attention from the defense goes to the next most dangerous option.

keep in mind hes also a rookie.   Red zone is always tougher sledding than everywhere else on the field so maybe its a case where he needs to progress a bit more in his game.

from what I've seen he is fully capable.  and I expect better in future years.   do not be discouraged.   This guy is a Stud.  plain and simple.  he just hasnt fully come of age yet.