33 minutes ago, Kopy said:

4 team league?

8 :d

31 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Your GM did a great job of getting 5, 1st rounders. 👍

Yahoo rated my team 8th out of the 8 teams in the league :wall:

15 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

all women playing?

your mom is and she does play with all the other men in the league. Does that count?

1 hour ago, edjr said:

8 :d

Congrats, that's the worst 8-team roster I've ever seen.  :thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Congrats, that's the worst 8-team roster I've ever seen.  :thumbsup: 

how many have you seen?

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

how many have you seen?

I was in a friends and family league a few years so... 20-something.  :dunno: 

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I was in a friends and family league a few years so... 20-something.  :dunno: 

🤡

Down 30, with Jacobs and Waller vs Tucker.

win by 3 :banana: 

43 minutes ago, tikigods said:

You’re winning streak will be as dead as EdIII

:(

2 and 0 :banana:

D. Henry is an absolute freak show to outrun DBs like he does

i read all the comments before looking at your roster.  There is no way Yahoo rated your team the worst out of 8.  I don't think its an outlandishly amazing team with 7 deadbeat owners, maybe 2 clueless owners.

I definitely played in some 8 team leagues when I started running them in middle school because we only had 8 guys who were addicted to pro sports back then. We expanded to 10 by high school and finally 12 by college. I have not played in anything less than 10 since, and have also played in 14 teamers.

Really, the size of the league doesn't matter. The 4 team league or 8 team league jokes are classic but it doesn't matter. If all teams are competitive, the amount of talent on each roster and in the waiver pool will all be the same for everyone and like any league, it will come down to team management. 

But looking at your roster, I don't know exactly how that team gets assembled. 

Henry with pick 4 or 5? unless one of the dumb owners took Mahomes because its the Patrick Price   >   Barkley could slide to mid round 2, 13th-ish overall?  >  Hopkins in round 3? He was a late 2nd rounder in my 12 team home league as RBs started flying  >  Waller in the 4th? as the third TE off the board   >   Godwin in the 5th  (went 4th/5th turn in my 12 team)  >  Josh Jacobs in the 6th would be where things get weird. People should have been down on him but not THAT down. Maybe he was your 4th rounder and Waller went in the 6th because people were ignoring tight end?  >  next two would be Mostert / Brady. Brady went high in my draft but there are so many good QB's that every team should have 2 very good ones with only 8 squads.

On 9/20/2021 at 5:39 AM, edjr said:

2 and 0 :banana:

D. Henry is an absolute freak show to outrun DBs like he does

In IBL (PPR) I bucked the trend and took Henry #3 over Kamara, who went #3 in the 4 other drafts (there were 5 drafts this year, long story).  I was concerned about the QB shiot show going on.  Keep in mind these drafts happen weeks before the season.  After week 1 I was like umm... sheesh... nice move genius!  But after week 2, notsomuch.  Guess we'll see by year's end.  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

In IBL (PPR) I bucked the trend and took Henry #3 over Kamara, who went #3 in the 4 other drafts (there were 5 drafts this year, long story).  I was concerned about the QB shiot show going on.  Keep in mind these drafts happen weeks before the season.  After week 1 I was like umm... sheesh... nice move genius!  But after week 2, notsomuch.  Guess we'll see by year's end.  :thumbsup:

How is he that fast? it's really not natural

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

How is he that fast? it's really not natural

In HS in the 80s, one friend drove an old LTD with a big engine, another (from more money) drove his dad's fancy new Saab 9000. They decided to race, only it was a straight drag (side note:  this was on a major bridge and connector street between two cities, and the lights were timed to allow nay... encourage such races).  The LTD won.  

Henry is an LTD.  Nothing fancy, but once he gets a head of steam moving north/south he can move quite fast.  :thumbsup: 

20 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

i would have done the same. My rankings were CMC, Cook, Henry.  Brees has been a check down machine the past few seasons so without him and knowing Winston likes to sling it, I was a little down on Kamara.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

i would have done the same. My rankings were CMC, Cook, Henry.  Brees has been a check down machine the past few seasons so without him and knowing Winston likes to sling it, I was a little down on Kamara.

Worse, it was Winston or Hill at the time. :thumbsup: 

24 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Anyone that thought Kamara had a prayer of putting up 1/2 what he used to, just wasn't paying attention

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Anyone that thought Kamara had a prayer of putting up 1/2 what he used to, just wasn't paying attention

Well, Henry can't maintain he workload forever, eventually he'll hit a wall.  Hopefully just not this year.  :D 

23 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Well, Henry can't maintain he workload forever, eventually he'll hit a wall.  Hopefully just not this year.  :D 

Kamara is wear and tear plus the loss of Brees.  

Henry has maybe 2 years like this left?

Kamara is still a top 5 pick. If you want to argue Adams over him I’d listen but I think his talent and system can tromp whoever is playing QB in the long run. I just had more questions about him than the top 3

I am playing the other best team in the league this week.

Murray
Lamb
Kupp
Kamara
Ekeler
Hockenson
Diggs
GAY
TB

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I am playing the other best team in the league this week.

Murray
Lamb
Kupp
Kamara
Ekeler
Hockenson
Diggs
GAY
TB

You’re an nfl kicker and you didn’t draft yourself? :dunno:

1 hour ago, frank said:

You’re an nfl kicker and you didn’t draft yourself? :dunno:

:doublethumbsup:

I made the playoffs - 3rd best record and points scored.

1st 2 picks out for the year :cry: