Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Streets of Filthy PA

Saw a few if these outside of North Station in Bawstin just yesterday.  :wub:

Good one!. That's the youtube site I got that other one from. Nice HD highlight (or I guess you could call it a low light) video of the losers of society. 

these videos seem to be all the rage now. my son was showing some instagram account about kensington and has all kinds of this stuff. it's focking sad but none of it shocks me anymore. most shocking thing in that video to me was homie on a payphone??? they still have payphones???

Sad, just sad.   So awful to see people let themselves come to that.    Life is so full of potential and promise, and people get sucked into these downward spirals.    

What to do with all of the mental health and addiction population  will be a vexing problem.    It's one of a few issues/problems I don't have any opinion about.   I don't know what you would do with or for these people.    If you do too much for them, you incentivize this behavior.    You do too little and this zombie fest is what you get.    I have no idea how you fix this, you probably can't.   

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

What type of drug makes everyone hang their head like that.  Does it affect neck muscles?  :dunno:

Opioids / heroin. Kensington & Allegheny is the worst drug neighborhood I’ve ever seen.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Sad, just sad.   So awful to see people let themselves come to that.    Life is so full of potential and promise, and people get sucked into these downward spirals.    

What to do with all of the mental health and addiction population  will be a vexing problem.    It's one of a few issues/problems I don't have any opinion about.   I don't know what you would do with or for these people.    If you do too much for them, you incentivize this behavior.    You do too little and this zombie fest is what you get.    I have no idea how you fix this, you probably can't.   

Hitler was on to something.

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

Opioids / heroin. Kensington & Allegheny is the worst drug neighborhood I’ve ever seen.

I worked every inch of DC in the 80s and 90s and there was nothing even close to that.  That, of course, was the crack time, before opioids became the craze, and drew in the young white kids.  MLK Avenue was about as close, but not really.  Back then, they would throw all the truly strung out (almost all black) people into St. Elizabeth's.  Now, who knows where they go.  Still, as far as I know, there is nothing close to that in DC today.  Baltimore, is a different story. 

37 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I have no idea how you fix this, you probably can't.   

City clinic providing free heroin for use under watch of doctors and councilors. Instantly puts every heroin dealer out of business. People who need/want help can get it. Save money in long-run, save lives, and clean up streets. Way too radical for politicians, but it would work.

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I worked every inch of DC in the 80s and 90s and there was nothing even close to that.  That, of course, was the crack time, before opioids became the craze, and drew in the young white kids.  MLK Avenue was about as close, but not really.  Back then, they would throw all the truly strung out (almost all black) people into St. Elizabeth's.  Now, who knows where they go.  Still, as far as I know, there is nothing close to that in DC today.  Baltimore, is a different story. 

I’ve had around drive through the neighborhood in that video a few times. I picked up a rental truck around there last summer and on the way back saw dozens of people standing that way or openly shooting up at 10 am. There’s basically no solution for those folks.

• Sad 1

Hate to see this happening.   All these people being ruined by drugs.  It's such a loss of potential.

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

City clinic providing free heroin for use under watch of doctors and councilors. Instantly puts every heroin dealer out of business. People who need/want help can get it. Save money in long-run, save lives, and clean up streets. Way too radical for politicians, but it would work.

They’ve been talking about a safe injection site in Kensington for years. 

• Sad 2

Just now, MDC said:

Unless they provide free heroin, it won't help. Ya gotta put the dealers out of business.

6 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Portugal did it 

2 minutes ago, tikigods said:

Portugal did it 

Won't it be better then, to send all our heroin addicts to Portugal.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

We have that here in Boston. "Methadone Mile" 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Won't it be better then, to send all our heroin addicts to Portugal.  :dunno:

Gas chamber. Tell them there is free dope inside

How many of them received their stimulus checks?  and if not, where did it go?  :o

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Gas chamber. Tell them there is free dope inside

We can save money by telling them to walk to Portugal. 

1 minute ago, NorthernVike said:

How many of them received their stimulus checks?  and if not, where did it go?  :o

Probably to the same person who used their names to vote.  :dunno:

Just now, NorthernVike said:

Even wiff could get laid there.  

Now that's a stretch

4 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Unless they provide free heroin, it won't help. Ya gotta put the dealers out of business.

I'm not sure I am following.  It would be "safer" since it wont have fentanyl.  Perhaps no one will shoot up outside in the open.  But how does that lessen homeless strung out bums standing all over the place?  Wouldn't it just create more addicts? (Less deaths, safer more people lured in) 

I have to be missing something here.  Getting rid of the dealers qould be a plus no doubt.  How does this create less addicts?

You are basically saying we supply several mental hospitals that are ok qith shooting up as long as you are inside? A looney bin?  Buildings where there are hundreds of slumped over addicts inside? When can they leave the building? 

4 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Even wiff could get laid there.  

I've always imagined wiff as more of the murdering type, which makes the place even better. 

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Decriminalize it for sure to eliminate some of the crime element. You’ll still have thousands of junkies creating a public health nuisance who need to steal to feed the habit though.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Decriminalize it for sure to eliminate some of the crime element. You’ll still have thousands of junkies creating a public health nuisance who need to steal to feed the habit though.

Methadone is free

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I'm not sure I am following.  It would be "safer" since it wont have fentanyl.  Perhaps no one will shoot up outside in the open.  But how does that lessen homeless strung out bums standing all over the place?  Wouldn't it just create more addicts? (Less deaths, safer more people lured in) 

I have to be missing something here.  Getting rid of the dealers qould be a plus no doubt.  How does this create less addicts?

You are basically saying we supply several mental hospitals that are ok qith shooting up as long as you are inside? A looney bin?  Buildings where there are hundreds of slumped over addicts inside? When can they leave the building? 

Heroin/fentanyl/crack... whatever. There'd be no "strung out bums standing all over" because they'd be inside the clinic. It wouldn't create more addicts - with all the dealers out of business, there's nobody (or any incentive) to hook future generations and the only people who would go to such a disgusting place and do drugs under doctor supervision are already addicted. There'd also be some screening process just to enter. They can leave when they're sober with the next fix available in 24 hours or so. Over decades, the number of addicted would dwindle to near zero.

Hate spending tax money on that?  It'd save a lot more in the long run.

Honestly, I don't care if this ever happens. I detest scum and I'm unsympathetic to their misery. But the solution is fairly simple if politicians really wanted to fix it.

6 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Heroin/fentanyl/crack... whatever. There'd be no "strung out bums standing all over" because they'd be inside the clinic. It wouldn't create more addicts - with all the dealers out of business, there's nobody (or any incentive) to hook future generations and the only people who would go to such a disgusting place and do drugs under doctor supervision are already addicted. There'd also be some screening process just to enter. They can leave when they're sober with the next fix available in 24 hours or so. Over decades, the number of addicted would dwindle to near zero.

Hate spending tax money on that?  It'd save a lot more in the long run.

Honestly, I don't care if this ever happens. I detest scum and I'm unsympathetic to their misery. But the solution is fairly simple if politicians really wanted to fix it.

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE.  THE WAR ON DRUGS

Just now, GobbleDog said:

They can leave when they're sober with the next fix available in 24 hours or so. Over decades, the number of addicted would dwindle to near zero.

This isn't going to happen.  And if it was say 24hrs they would just go out and buy from a dealer in the meantime.  

I do understand the idea of eliminating as many dealers as possible to prevent future generations from being "hooked".  Not sure if that would happened as planned but I see an angle there.  

12 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

This isn't going to happen.  And if it was say 24hrs they would just go out and buy from a dealer in the meantime. 

Buy from what dealers?  They're all gone once it becomes free at a clinic.

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

Are there casual users out there who don't want to go to a free clinic?

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

No it wont

Just now, GobbleDog said:

If addicts have 24 hrs to go shoot up again for free.  They are going to look for heroin in thr meantime to buy.  They would still be doing their drugs at a discount.

I understand your angle and I'm not writing it off.  But you make it sound so simple.

I haven’t seen anything like that since tailgating at Lincoln Financial before Covid. 

And isn’t that the liberal dream? Blacks and Whites living equally amongst each other…

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

:wave:

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Probably some, but I'd guess 90%+ of a heroin dealer's business is to addicts, not casual users. Dealers will risk decades in prison for big money, but not when the drug value plummets to near nothing.  Hence, no more dealers.

The casual user is why the idea would only work with highly addictive drugs.  It'd never work with recreational stuff like pot, cocaine, ecstasy, etc. as nobody would sit in a disgusting city clinic doing those drugs, free or not.