Sign in to follow this  
idlewild

Which RB has bigger upside in .5 PPR: Gainwell or TJJ?

For context, I’m not a fan of Miles Sanders, but also not a fan of Filthadelphia. I drafted Kenny Gainwell as a flier in a .5 PPR 12 man, but should have dropped him for Rhamondre Stevenson - even before the Sony Michel move. Someone else grabbed him so I’m bitter. 

With that background, and I overvaluing Tony Jones Jr. vs Gainwell?  Kenny has the pedigree and I can see him as a Himes type back, but should I drop what would likely be a more consistent low floor high ceiling guy for a boom or bust ticket with Tony Jones Jr?

I like T J more.  

So is this a league where nobody gets to own the top 200 players or something?  Why would anyone be scrutinizing guys that shouldn't even be rostered in any normal-sized, non-dynasty league?

Neither.  Neither one has any upside.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, AxeElf said:

So is this a league where nobody gets to own the top 200 players or something?  Why would anyone be scrutinizing guys that shouldn't even be rostered in any normal-sized, non-dynasty league?

Neither.  Neither one has any upside.

Do you feel that way about Stevenson too?

Jones will get relief work and increased opps to help.keep.Kamara fresh and healthy. Payton is not gonna overwork his best plater to take a chance and lose him. Jones has valuethis year but Gainwell I feel has the better upside because If.Sanders struggles or has health issues Gainwell gets touches. If I'd have to take one to roster now it'd probably be Gainwell even jnspite of the hype and preseason production of Tony Jones Jr.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Interesting...he even got drafted in my 10-teamer

Well, the question was SHOULD he be drafted; not WILL he be drafted.

The FF community is too full of sheep for him to go undrafted.

5 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Well, the question was SHOULD he be drafted; not WILL he be drafted.

The FF community is too full of sheep for him to go undrafted.

I bet one of these three guys finishes in the top 20 RB, and I wouldn’t dnt be surprised if two of them do. 

Just now, idlewild said:

I bet one of these three guys finishes in the top 20 RB

Is there a dollar figure on this, or should it read, "I wish" instead...?

If we are talking upside I would have to say TJJ.  I think Gainwell is more talented but the ultimate upside has to do with a starter injury.  If Sanders was to go down then I would think that you would see a split in time between Boston Scott, Gainwell and they bring in a big body back.  If Kamara was to go down NO would bring in another guy but TJJ would see the majority of snaps.

Didn’t Kamara have a low back issue previously? I think he’s a great player but I’m really expecting rough sledding and a down year.

With MT out first half of the season, lots of opportunities but against stacked boxes and or a shadow linebacker or safety.