Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

It's Really Happening

The below is from your article and at least that part looks good. Where was this when I was poor, in my 20's, and driving crappy cars. I hated getting pulled over for this crap. I also do not think that police should target speeders on interstates with little to no traffic I should be able to drive 100 mph in west texas.

St. Paul Police Chief Todd Axtell wrote to his department’s officers on Wednesday that he wants those on patrol “to prioritize their traffic enforcement efforts on what matters most to the people we serve: reducing crashes, injuries and death.”

Police Deputy Chief Julie Maidment has been leading a workgroup to examine St. Paul traffic stop policies, procedures and data, and Axtell’s announcement was based on their recommendations.

The police department’s data shows the “behaviors and violations (that) have the greatest impact on our neighborhoods” are speeding, distracted driving, reckless driving, driving under the influence, running stop signs and stop lights and “egregious equipment violations such as driving without headlights, significantly obstructed view,” Axtell wrote in Wednesday’s email.

Minor violations — such as expired tabs, a single burned out headlight or taillight, small windshield cracks, lack of license plate lights, and small objects hanging from mirrors that don’t significantly obstruct a driver’s view of the road — are illegal and important to note,” Axtell’s email continued. “However, we know they have little effect on the overall safety of our streets. I want to be perfectly clear: We should not use these violations as a primary reason for a traffic stop unless there’s an articulable public safety concern.”

Some cities are simply in a race to become the worst cities in America. 

“These types of stops disproportionally affect black and brown communities and undermine the trust in the work police do every day to serve and protect the public.”

• Thanks 1

Yeah.....

I hope that kind of approach does not propagate, which is to say come anywhere near here.  I can easily see this kind of approach being rather attractive to people with criminal tendencies.  

It seems like an effective way to convince good people to move away and the bad ones to migrate in.  Just ruinous.

23 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The below is from your article and at least that part looks good. Where was this when I was poor, in my 20's, and driving crappy cars. I hated getting pulled over for this crap. I also do not think that police should target speeders on interstates with little to no traffic I should be able to drive 100 mph in west texas.

Minor violations — such as expired tabs, a single burned out headlight or taillight, small windshield cracks, lack of license plate lights, and small objects hanging from mirrors that don’t significantly obstruct a driver’s view of the road — are illegal and important to note,” Axtell’s email continued. “However, we know they have little effect on the overall safety of our streets. I want to be perfectly clear: We should not use these violations as a primary reason for a traffic stop unless there’s an articulable public safety concern.”

I suppose there's no way of saying this without offending you (which isn't my intent) but If you hated getting pulled over for that crap, why didn't you just make sure to keep your tabs up-to-date, & when you had a bulb/light out on your car, go to a local automotive store & replace them ?  

Before it was taken off the air, I watched Cops all the time. I don't have statistics to back it up, but I'd to guess about 6 of 10 people pulled over for the 'minor violations' listed above, were found to have other infractions. Expired license, no license, outstanding warrants, etc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I suppose there's no way of saying this without offending you (which isn't my intent) but If you hated getting pulled over for that crap, why didn't you just make sure to keep your tabs up-to-date, & when you had a bulb/light out on your car, go to a local automotive store & replace them ?  

Before it was taken off the air, I watched Cops all the time. I don't have statistics to back it up, but I'd to guess about 6 of 10 people pulled over for the 'minor violations' listed above, were found to have other infractions. Expired license, no license, outstanding warrants, etc

I made 15,000 a year in my 20's. I kept my car running and that was about all I could do. What little excess money went to skiing, fishing, or hunting. 

I was pulled over a fair bit in my crappy cars and it always sucked. "Cops the tv show" does not give a representative sample, since they don't show everything. The show would be boring if they always showed people like me always getting pulled over in a crappy car, but being polite.

I did have an expired license once as well, who cares. Thankfully the cop was cool and did not cite me.

If I see a spinny rims. Blackened windows low rider with a tail light out.  You might as well expect 

48 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Window dressing is all this is. The "articuable public safety concern" is usually the other things that expired tags, etc leads to. Especially in high crime areas. This will just make streets more unsafe.  The reason any of these stops escalate, is because of other sh!t. When I did regular ride-alongs with patrol, we were usually getting an illegal gun on 50% of stops. What the rule should be is make the stop, and if the person is compliant, give them a warning for non-moving violations. What will make the biggest difference yet to be seen is legalization of weed.  Thugs smoke weed in their cars.  I can't even count how many stops I've seen escalate to a search based on odor of marijuana. 

• Thanks 1

What’s happening?

What’s happening now?

:banana:

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Yeah.....

I hope that kind of approach does not propagate, which is to say come anywhere near here.  I can easily see this kind of approach being rather attractive to people with criminal tendencies.  

It seems like an effective way to convince good people to move away and the bad ones to migrate in.  Just ruinous.

Agree.  

So what?....cops are quitting, retiring, or budget being cut....so the response basically is going to be (and quite predictable) we don't need to look into certain things.  We don't need to use our limited manpower on these things.  

Cops should use discretion.  But if speeding at 1am at night with not much traffic results in nabbing drug dealers, drunks, wanted felons.....then that is a GOOD thing.  If they pull over little ol white MTski in his 20s just trying to get home from 2nd shift work and find nothing else....let him go.  

But of course in this world now that is racist.  

Meh, I am 32 and remember my youth.  Some cops got me some cops let me go.  If you don't want to be legit driving then thems the brakes.  

I had a state cop which are notorious azzholes stop me at 930AM coming back from a friends.  I drove my friends car because he was waaaay more drunk than I was thr night prior although I obviously drank a bit.  I just wanted to get home.  So i was doing like 72 in a 55.  Here they come.  I get pulled over.  Im wearing a focking wu tang shirt.  I pass all the sobriety stuff with flying colors never thought twice.  Boom they ask for a breathalyzer anyway.  I stall as long as I can and "accidentally" pull the tube to the thing off and it falls.  Says no problem gets another.  I blow a .08 which is the limit in NYS.  They could have cuffed me and took me at 930AM.  Instead they said see that subway down thr road.  Go get a sandwich hangout and the  go home by the time we get a tow and all this you are going to be well under.  

I shouldn't have been driving at 930am knowing how much I drank although I didn't really think I could blow that high.  They used discretion and I got lucky.  

There were guys around my small town growing up who would never get their car inspected.  Would drive with an expired or no license.  They'd get pulled over and get a warning.  But would give no shlts and just keep going.  Screw these people.  

Can't believe I sound like an old man.  I am not that old.  But holy hell this country puts floaties on everyone these days.  Have some focking self responsibility.  

• Thanks 1

California says "hold my beer."

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (TCD) -- A 51-year-old Northern California man was arrested last week after police say he broke into a woman’s home, raped her, killed her and her two dogs, and lit the house on fire....

Sacramento Police announced they arrested Troy Davis September 4 for a parole violation and additional warrants that were unrelated to the current murder investigation of the 61-year-old woman found in her home. Police say they do not believe Davis and the victim knew each other.

Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office inmate records show he was additionally charged with murder, rape while in the commission of a burglary, arson, burglary, and malicious maiming of animals. He was being held without bail.

According to the Sacramento Bee, Davis is reportedly homeless and was caught on a Ring camera earlier in the week masturbating on a nearby front porch. Davis' criminal background reportedly extends into Santa Cruz County as well, with cases going back to 2013. He was reportedly arrested in June for car theft but was released from jail.

Davis was reportedly let out due to California’s new zero bail policy, which went into effect recently and reportedly mandates people cannot be left in jail because they cannot afford bail,

Link

45 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

California says "hold my beer."

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (TCD) -- A 51-year-old Northern California man was arrested last week after police say he broke into a woman’s home, raped her, killed her and her two dogs, and lit the house on fire....

Sacramento Police announced they arrested Troy Davis September 4 for a parole violation and additional warrants that were unrelated to the current murder investigation of the 61-year-old woman found in her home. Police say they do not believe Davis and the victim knew each other.

Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office inmate records show he was additionally charged with murder, rape while in the commission of a burglary, arson, burglary, and malicious maiming of animals. He was being held without bail.

According to the Sacramento Bee, Davis is reportedly homeless and was caught on a Ring camera earlier in the week masturbating on a nearby front porch. Davis' criminal background reportedly extends into Santa Cruz County as well, with cases going back to 2013. He was reportedly arrested in June for car theft but was released from jail.

Davis was reportedly let out due to California’s new zero bail policy, which went into effect recently and reportedly mandates people cannot be left in jail because they cannot afford bail,

Link

My name isn't Troy Davis. :ninja:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I did have an expired license once as well, who cares. Thankfully the cop was cool and did not cite me.

I had that once too. The city installed traffic lights at an intersection that had stop signs previously. I was working 6 AM to 6 PM at the time. For about 2 weeks, they set all sides to flashing red. On a Sunday morning at 5 AM, I stopped at the red, & went through. (it was no longer flashing red) The city cop was on me immediately. He fully understood why I went through it, but he found my license had expired the previous Monday. He took my information and said he'd check with the state the following Tuesday. If I hadn't renewed my license by that time, he'd put out a warrant. He didn't ticket me for blowing the stoplight and I renewed my license the following day.

1 hour ago, SUXBNME said:

My name isn't Troy Davis. :ninja:

How can we be sure? He killed 2 dogs not 2 kittehs.  :unsure:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maplewood-crash-killed-two-teens-020600361.html

Friday was the third straight day that North St. Paul police spotted the same stolen car.

Each time, an officer followed the car but called off the pursuit because someone behind the wheel was driving recklessly. But Friday's chase ended in tragedy, the city's police chief said Tuesday.

Two passengers, 14- and 15-year-old students at North High School in North St. Paul, died when their 15-year-old friend crashed outside a home in Maplewood. The Ramsey County attorney's office has charged that teen with two counts of criminal vehicular homicide.

The driver, who the Ramsey County sheriff's office said has a "significant" history of auto theft, also faces a charge of fleeing a peace officer and three counts of criminal vehicular operation.

The school resource officer at North heard a rumor around school "that this was a giant game," North St. Paul Police Chief Phil Baebenroth said.

Paramo's mother said she doesn't want the driver "held responsible for my son's death, because he's not the one who caused it."

"I know he had made some bad choices and he should take responsibility for that," Tanya Gile said Tuesday of the driver. "It's not his fault that they crashed. They were all friends. I blame the sheriffs and the police that pursued that chase for my son's death."

Jesus focking Christ...

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

True. 
I love all animals the same, though.

Animals >>> humans

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

You can bet she's already hired attorneys.

Fireballer nailed it

Honestly, they probably don't know any better.  
Warhols 15 minutes of fame quote has been taking a turn for the worst for quite a bit of time. 

32 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

"Everyone is grieving the losses"

Why? :dunno:

Who's grieving the losses ?

I'm not. If I'm grieving anything, it's the fact that there's a pretty substantial % of people that are stupid enough to side with the mother, when she says this is the fault of the police. + the fact that this gives the lunatic city councils in Minneapolis and St. Paul ideas for more law-enforcement/police reform.

15 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

"Everyone is grieving the losses"

Why? :dunno:

Paramo's mother said she doesn't want the driver "held responsible for my son's death, because he's not the one who caused it."

"I know he had made some bad choices and he should take responsibility for that," Tanya Gile said Tuesday of the driver. "It's not his fault that they crashed. They were all friends. I blame the sheriffs and the police that pursued that chase for my son's death."

OMFG....where do these idiots come up with this sh!t?!?!?!

I mean, is it really any wonder that her little bundle of joy was out stealing cars at all?   Great job parenting....focking retard....

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

OMFG....where do these idiots come up with this sh!t?!?!?!

I mean, is it really any wonder that her little bundle of joy was out stealing cars at all?   Great job parenting....focking retard....

Same as it ever was.  Some 12 year old in Minneapolis got his azz capped yesterday and a big goony googoo was talking about how it has to stop and “they” need to do something.  

No honey your vile people did this, and continue to do it more often,not the evil white man.  Don’t call the police you want them disbanded remember.  Clean up your own behavior and stop acting like animals.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Same as it ever was.  Some 12 year old in Minneapolis got his azz capped yesterday and a big goony googoo was talking about how it has to stop and “they” need to do something.  

No honey your vile people did this, and continue to do it more often,not the evil white man.  Don’t call the police you want them disbanded remember.  Clean up your own behavior and stop acting like animals.  

A+

On 9/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, 5-Points said:

Yeah but he raped a woman.  😬

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2021 at 3:01 PM, MTSkiBum said:

I made 15,000 a year in my 20's. I kept my car running and that was about all I could do. What little excess money went to skiing, fishing, or hunting. 

I was pulled over a fair bit in my crappy cars and it always sucked. "Cops the tv show" does not give a representative sample, since they don't show everything. The show would be boring if they always showed people like me always getting pulled over in a crappy car, but being polite.

I found your problem.  People who don't have money should be taking care of business before pleasure.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Yeah but he raped a woman.  😬

Good pernt.  :lol:

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I found your problem.  People who don't have money should be taking care of business before pleasure.

I thought the same thing. Can't afford to fix his car according to legal standards and whines about being pulled over, but has plenty for skiing.

Must be a black thing. I can't afford a driver's license, but I can afford some beer, cheap liquor, an abortion for my girlfriend, an illegal firearm, and I demand to be able to vote.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I thought the same thing. Can't afford to fix his car according to legal standards and whines about being pulled over, but has plenty for skiing.

Must be a black thing. I can't afford a driver's license, but I can afford some beer, cheap liquor, an abortion for my girlfriend, a illegal firearm, and I demand to be able to vote.

A+

• Thanks 1