pee-diddy

possible Ekeler injury?

Austin Ekeler (undisclosed) is not practicing Wednesday.

Advice: We have no information about Ekeler's issue, but it's something to monitor into the weekend. We'll update Ekeler's status as we get more info. Ekeler was riding the stationary bike Wednesday.

I’d rather have Carson. 

Crap there goes the season. The guy didn’t even play any downs in preseason. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Cue the run on Justin Jackson waiver claims.

Has ever done anything for more than one game?

I'd rather go with who I already have on my team than to drop one of them for JJ.

Just now, Law said:

I'd rather go with who I already have on my team than to drop one of them for JJ.

That's only because you're a reasonable owner.

But I guarantee there was a spike in Jackson pickups today.

Just now, DrG said:

Rountree - only a matter of time.

I thought that at the start of preseason, but they don't seem to think he's ready yet.  He'll probly get some short yardage and goalline work, though.

Thursday 9/9/21 UPDATE:

Pro Football Focus' Doug Kyed reports the Chargers are "optimistic" Austin Ekeler (hamstring) will be ready for Sunday's opener against the Washington Football Team. 

Advice: Ekeler was "DNP" on Thursday, an eye-brow raising development for a back who was plagued by hamstring issues in 2020. The Chargers have one of the league's most unsettled backfields behind their starter, with some mixture of Joshua Kelley, Justin Jackson and perhaps rookie Larry Rountree handling the early-down work. Were Ekeler to sit against the Football Team, the Chargers' running game would likely be a nonentity against Washington's elite defensive front. We don't even know if Kelley or Jackson is the No. 2, though most preseason signs suggested Jackson. Jackson certainly has more pop in the passing game. 

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

I thought that at the start of preseason, but they don't seem to think he's ready yet.  He'll probly get some short yardage and goalline work, though.

He needs the time but I’ve never seen Justin Jackson play injury free for long and Josh Kelly was consistently unimpressive.

2 minutes ago, DrG said:

He needs the time but I’ve never seen Justin Jackson play injury free for long and Josh Kelly was consistently unimpressive.

Agreed, that's why I figured the current administration would go with their own personally selected pick in Rountree.  And probly will at some point.  Just not yet.

If anyone knows that silly SOB Matthew Berry, kick him square in the vagina for me.  His Ride or Die statement on a guy who has historical hamstring issues ought to be pistol whipped live on air until he cries out, you're right, I'm a dumb a$$.  

• Like 1

After having him last year, and drafting him twice this year, he’s on my DND draft in 2022 if this is a season long problem.

Come on really, first round pick on Ekeler, was simply to high.  

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 8:09 PM, AxeElf said:

That's only because you're a reasonable owner.

But I guarantee there was a spike in Jackson pickups today.

:thumbsup:

this.

what you need to remember is that not all people are like you.

There are some out there that pick up any piece of garbage a rumour comes out on.

This is more than just rumour because the person ahead of him on the depth chart got hurt.  So a lot of people will jump on this train before it leaves the station.  Especially if they are RB needy.

18 hours ago, weepaws said:

I had him as a second rounder on my board.  but I can see why some wanted to select him in the first.

its not Totally outrageous.   If you picked him top 3 that would be totally  outrageous.

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

Too

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I had him as a second rounder on my board.  but I can see why some wanted to select him in the first.

its not Totally outrageous.   If you picked him top 3 that would be totally  outrageous.

Yea but his ADP was first round , so mostly he was drafted in the first round , I thought he was the worst pick in the first round , It’s in the archives somewhere on here.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yea but his ADP was first round , so mostly he was drafted in the first round , I thought he was the worst pick in the first round , It’s in the archives somewhere on here.  

you and I both know that ADP isnt everything.  

Players are overrated and underrated all the time.

that being said, the difference between a late first rounder an an early second rounder isnt overly large anyways.  To me I just saw him as a player that most people liked a bit more than I did.

ADP is why he was a bad value as  a first round pick  

In a full PPR is justification for a late first round pick.  In a half or standard league I wouldn’t even look his way.  I am benching him anyway week 1 just because  I would like to see him make it through the game plus the tough match up on the road.  

I disagree, full ppr last season his avg was the 14th best, just ahead of him, was Gaskin. Who was worth his ADP  m

Last year was last year, last year was not this year. There’s a shocking amount of cases where “last year” end up irrelevant. Prospects and situation going forward dont have to depend on what happened “last year”. We know “this year” his QB is good, he is their top guy with no question and has a skill set that lends itself to a high potential ppr finish. 

Id be worried he tweaks the hammy this week but if he leaves the game healthy it’s all good for him going forward. 

1. Does that also count all the post you make about last season ff totals, your just everyone else? 

2. Ekeler who played in only 10 games last season, played nine of those with that same good Qb this season. 

3.  Also Ekeler ppr avg per game dropped three points per game from 2019. 

4. If he leaves this weekends game Vs the Redskins healthy , there is always the next game.  

5.  I think the Redskins def is going to be tough on that good Qb. 

Thanks. 

Interesting that Ekeler had zero targets today.  

On 9/11/2021 at 7:49 PM, weepaws said:

1. Does that also count all the post you make about last season ff totals, your just everyone else? 

2. Ekeler who played in only 10 games last season, played nine of those with that same good Qb this season. 

3.  Also Ekeler ppr avg per game dropped three points per game from 2019. 

4. If he leaves this weekends game Vs the Redskins healthy , there is always the next game.  

5.  I think the Redskins def is going to be tough on that good Qb. 

Thanks. 

1. Yes

2. I wasn’t implying he didn’t. I made a factual statement is all.

3. he was not healthy for most of 2020. Lots of guys avg goes up and down year to year. There’s about 1000 variables at play.

4. It means that’s another week for the specific hamstring injury to heal and not be aggravated. Coming away healthy means the ha string is less of a worry.

His ppr avg after game one is already lower then last season, I just don’t see him being round one worthy.