Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Was AxeElf Right?

Axe elf spelling bee champ talks a good game knows a lot about football ,but any given Sunday who knows anything could happen ..,he couldn't get a girl if he was in Mexico with lots of cash ,but other then that he's alright he's his biggest fan 

LOL, you need to put some predictions in here for us to track.

Here are some I would disagree with:

1. Tre'Quan will be a top 25 receiver
  2. Tre"Quan will have at least 4 20 point PPR games
  3. Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR
  4. Miles Gaskin won't be an RB2
  5. CJ Uzomah will be a top 10 tightend
  6. Golladay will be a top 15 wide receiver

I agree with many of his takes, but not these.  Of course, if we always agreed, FF wouldn't be much fun.

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Please link to this one, because if I said it at all, it was probly in a pejorative sense.  I've only considered him as a guy with big-week potential in a best-ball league (see #2), but not as a top 25 WR that you could start on a weekly basis in a managed league.

I did say this...

...but it was in response to TBay saying that anyone who drafts him will cut him by Week 4--so I was exaggerating a little.

He might approach WR30 if he has enough big games, but he'd be a rough start on a week-to-week basis.

In answer to the OP's question:  Yes.

28 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Please link to this one, because if I said it at all, it was probly in a pejorative sense.  I've only considered him as a guy with big-week potential in a best-ball league (see #2), but not as a top 25 WR that you could start on a weekly basis in a managed league.

I did say this...

...but it was in response to TBay saying that anyone who drafts him will cut him by Week 4--so I was exaggerating a little.

He might approach WR30 if he has enough big games, but he'd be a rough start on a week-to-week basis.

In answer to the OP's question:  Yes.

You said you haven't drafted a receiver that wasn't in the top 20 and I said Tre'Quan.  You said he was Top 25.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

You said you haven't drafted a receiver that wasn't in the top 20 and I said Tre'Quan.  You said he was Top 25.

Yeah, like I said, in a pejorative sense.

But hey, I understand how hard it is to prove Axe Elf wrong, so holding him to a joke is probly your best bet.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, like I said, in a pejorative sense.

But hey, I understand how hard it is to prove Axe Elf wrong, so holding him to a joke is probly your best bet.

My bad.  I didn't realize you were joking. I'll strike that one out.

Let's not forget the calls from Axe Elf's analysis of preseason games...

Jameis Winston will be the Saints' starting QB.  Check...

Tony Jones, Jr. is the #2 RB for the Saints.  Check...

2 hours ago, nobody said:

LOL, you need to put some predictions in here for us to track.

Here are some I would disagree with:

2. Tre"Quan will have at least 4 20 point PPR games
  3. Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR
  4. Miles Gaskin won't be an RB2
  5. CJ Uzomah will be a top 10 tightend

I agree with many of his takes, but not these.  Of course, if we always agreed, FF wouldn't be much fun.

Specifically that Mike Davis and Darrell Henderson will be a better value than Gaskin and he can correct me if I’m wrong that both will outscore Gaskin.

19 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Specifically that Mike Davis and Darrell Henderson will be a better value than Gaskin and he can correct me if I’m wrong that both will outscore Gaskin.

I'll stand by that--if, by "better value," you only mean, "will score more," since they're all of comparable ADP.  I'm not going to get into multiplying their weekly ppgs by the standard deviation of their ADPs to get an overall "value" score that proves Gaskin was the best--nothing like that.

But yeah, Davis and Henderson will outscore Gaskin, all else (injuries) being equal.

Henderson won’t avg more points per game then Gaskin.  

So far we have these:

1. Tre"Quan will have at least 4 20 point PPR games
  2. Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR
  3. Miles Gaskin won't be an RB2
  4. CJ Uzomah will be a top 10 tightend
  5. My auction team will be trash (he can determine the cut off for that)

While I think Axe's posts are entertaining and informative he at least has the balls to be unconventional in some of his statements and predictions. Surely all he projects, predicts and claims won't end up true he does make me think about fantasy football a little more than I have in the past. NO IT'S NOT MAN CRUSH but I use the information he posts to better my fantasy game. While I disagree with some things he says as we all have to make our own judgements when comes to our fantasy teams at least Elf has help me to become a more informed fantasy owner. Keep up the work Elf it's worth it.

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Keep up the work Elf it's worth it.

I know.  Even if they're ungrateful at times, it's still rewarding to see them grow in their skill and knowledge due to the tutelage of Axe Elf.

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

While I think Axe's posts are entertaining and informative he at least has the balls to be unconventional in some of his statements and predictions. Surely all he projects, predicts and claims won't end up true he does make me think about fantasy football a little more than I have in the past. NO IT'S NOT MAN CRUSH but I use the information he posts to better my fantasy game. While I disagree with some things he says as we all have to make our own judgements when comes to our fantasy teams at least Elf has help me to become a more informed fantasy owner. Keep up the work Elf it's worth it.

I'm mostly teasing him. I'm pretty accomplished at fantasy football as well over the years and I just like discussing fantasy football here with others. 

But still- he's wrong about the auction stuff

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

So far we have these:

You missed several.

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR

I think I said he WAS a top 20 WR (last year), and I've also bet that he will outscore Antonio Brown this year, but I don't know that I ever said he will be a top 20 WR.  But if it makes you happy, it's probably true, so I'll jump on board with that one too--Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR.

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Miles Gaskin won't be an RB2

I doubt if I said exactly that, because it's too vague--what's a "RB2"?  That could be anything from top 8 in a 4-team league to top 40 in a 20-teamer.  I would expect him to slot in somewhere in the RB20-RB25 range though, if you want a more measurable prediction.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

You missed several.

I think I said he WAS a top 20 WR (last year), and I've also bet that he will outscore Antonio Brown this year, but I don't know that I ever said he will be a top 20 WR.  But if it makes you happy, it's probably true, so I'll jump on board with that one too--Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR.

I doubt if I said exactly that, because it's too vague--what's a "RB2"?  That could be anything from top 8 in a 4-team league to top 40 in a 20-teamer.  I would expect him to slot in somewhere in the RB20-RB25 range though, if you want a more measurable prediction.

I was just borrowing from what the other person said who posted that. But I can amend things.

Anderson as a top 20 receiver works for me, got him for only 2 dollars in my auction and that would be a helluva steal. 

The new list from AxeElf

1. Tre"Quan will have at least 4 20 point PPR games
  2. Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR
  3. Miles Gaskin will be running back 20-25 on the season
  4. CJ Uzomah will be a top 10 tight end
  5. My auction team will be trash (he can determine the cut off for that)

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Anderson as a top 20 receiver works for me, got him for only 2 dollars in my auction and that would be a helluva steal. 

He is definitely one of the biggest deals around.

Getting Golladay for $2-$3 and in the 9th round sometimes is the one that's going to be the biggest head-scratcher by year's end.  I mean, it's not like the guy is an unknown.  He was the WR9 when last he played in 2019--and had the best season of his career with David Blough and Jeff Driskel tossing him the rock for half the season.  He's like top 10 in all kinds of deep target and contested catch stats, and now he's paired up with the highest-rated deep passer in the NFL, and he's a 9th round pick?

What DO they teach in these schools...?

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He is definitely one of the biggest deals around.

Getting Golladay for $2-$3 and in the 9th round sometimes is the one that's going to be the biggest head-scratcher by year's end.  I mean, it's not like the guy is an unknown.  He was the WR9 when last he played in 2019--and had the best season of his career with David Blough and Jeff Driskel tossing him the rock for half the season.  He's like top 10 in all kinds of deep target and contested catch stats, and now he's paired up with the highest-rated deep passer in the NFL, and he's a 9th round pick?

What DO they teach in these schools...?

I'm not sure why Golladay was hanging around as long as he did in drafts. Might be residual from him being out most of last year with an injury and still being banged up. Lack of faith in the Giants offense (which I don't get- they pretty clearly decided this was a "prove it" year for Jones).

Golladay is pretty much a back end #2 but has a lot of things in his favor upside wise

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

How about Golladay will be a top 15 WR?

If he is healthy that is a decent possibility, however the fantasy community has legitimate concerns about his long term health after what happened last season.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

If he is healthy that is a decent possibility, however the fantasy community has legitimate concerns about his long term health after what happened last season.

I don't know what it is that's making him a 9th round pick, but I was just making a specific prediction for all the scorekeepers out there.

18 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

How about Golladay will be a top 15 WR?

Added to the list

Anderson wasn’t a top 20 wr in non ppr or ppr last season based on avg points per game.  

16 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

he couldn't get a girl if he was in Mexico with lots of cash

😆😆😆

Maybe with his winnings he can take a trip to Thailand!

What makes this site  one of my favorites is the diversity of opinions, knowledge, information, disagreements and posters that aren't afraid to see outside the box. I've been playing FF since 1988. Yeah, we had no PC's back then and our scoring Bible was USA TODAY. Yet I feel I've gained a wealth of knowledge and improved as a fantasy owner with the help of Mike, the staff and posters on the messageboard. The board can be a little over the top at times but I don't focus on that. I concentrate on the things that help me and my fantasy teams. Good work to you guys that post here. 

Axe Elf was W-A-Y wrong:

No, I think you're on to something here.  In fact, I wouldn't even start those scrubs JRob and Rojo.  In fact, you could probably just drop Zeke, since he's not helping your team, and pick up Rico Dowdle.  They could sign him back from the practice squad and stick him in the game when Zeke faceplants by the end of the first quarter.

..................benching Zeke and Davis for JRob and Rojo...  What WILL they think of next...?

This is just so bizarre.  I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not wanting their first round pick to play in the first game of the season before.

15 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

Axe Elf was W-A-Y wrong:

No, I think you're on to something here.  In fact, I wouldn't even start those scrubs JRob and Rojo.  In fact, you could probably just drop Zeke, since he's not helping your team, and pick up Rico Dowdle.  They could sign him back from the practice squad and stick him in the game when Zeke faceplants by the end of the first quarter.

..................benching Zeke and Davis for JRob and Rojo...  What WILL they think of next...?

This is just so bizarre.  I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not wanting their first round pick to play in the first game of the season before.

Zeke didn't have a great game, or even a good one, by any means, but he did out perform Ronald Jones, so, it's not completely off

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Zeke didn't have a great game, or even a good one, by any means, but he did out perform Ronald Jones, so, it's not completely off

I wouldn't give Elfo too much heat on this one. 

Most here have a belief you never bench your studs.   That's what Zeke is.  I made the same prediction.  don't bench him

95 times out of 100 this is the right call, but once in a while the stars align and even the best advice can be wrong.

that's why we all play fantasy football.

on another note, look at yourselves.   Trying to prove a guy who calls himself an elf is wrong?    whats the matter with you people?

its like who cares.

bottom line, good advice is good advice and bad advice is bad.  and nobody is gonna be right 100% of the time.

4 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Axe Elf was W-A-Y wrong

I think you'll have a hard time proving that.

Axe Elf always gives the correct advice.  Sometimes it doesn't work out as well as other times, but you can count on always getting the correct advice from Axe Elf.

Like if you were to come to Axe Elf during a poker tournament and say, "I'm drawing to an inside straight and my opponent just pushed all in--should I call or fold?"  Axe Elf would give the correct advice--you should fold.  Please note that this is ALWAYS the correct advice whether or not the next card would have completed the straight.  The correct advice is the advice that gives you the highest expected value for the outcome.

So regardless of which player axually scores the most points, the correct advice was to start Zeke.

You're in good hands with Axe Elf.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

good advice is good advice and bad advice is bad.  and nobody is gonna be right 100% of the time.

Well, I wouldn't say 100%, but thanks for the kind words.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Like if you were to come to Axe Elf during a poker tournament and say, "I'm drawing to an inside straight and my opponent just pushed all in--should I call or fold?"  Axe Elf would give the correct advice--you should fold.  Please note that this is ALWAYS the correct advice whether or not the next card would have completed the straight.  The correct advice is the advice that gives you the highest expected value for the outcome.

It's not ALWAYS the correct advice.  If the pot is 100k, and it's 1k to call your opponent's all-in, the advice would be to call.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

It's not ALWAYS the correct advice.  If the pot is 100k, and it's 1k to call your opponent's all-in, the advice would be to call.

Fair enough; I just din't need to get into all the vagaries to make my point.

Glad to know that the Axe Elf lighthouse of fantasy football wisdom can guide new members to our hallowed shores, like a beacon of success for those wallowing helplessly in ignorance and confusion.