Sign in to follow this  
Sean Mooney

Was AxeElf Right?

Typically when a receiver complains like Golladay was doing on the sideline, they end up getting a lot of action the next game. 

It makes sense.  "You want to get fired up over not getting the ball?  Okay, we'll give you the ball, but you better show up."  Then they have to put their money where their mouth is so you know you'll get the A+ effort and focus.

Agreed. But if he doesn’t produce, you wouldn’t be able to trade him for the price of a gallon of gas. M

i would shop. 

On 9/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, DocNiner said:

Yeah, we had no PC's back then and our scoring Bible was USA TODAY.

On Tuesday.  Had math been taught that way in school I might be a nuclear scientist now.

Hey @AxeElf great call on CJ Uzomah. Since you loved using a 2 game sample size for him last season, after 2 games this season he is averaging just a hair over 2 ppr fantasy points per game. Keep em coming Nostradamus

10 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Aiyuk looking like a complete bust. 

It's a long season, but I didn't understand why so many people seemed to think he was gonna be the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice this year

5 minutes ago, polecatt said:

It's a long season, but I didn't understand why so many people seemed to think he was gonna be the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice this year

Same here. I loved what I saw last season but that was with him soaking up all of the targets with no Kittle or Deebo. Clearly the team still loves Deebo. Frankly, they just don’t throw enough. Their bread and butter is their run game and defense and controlling the tempo. 

26 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Same here. I loved what I saw last season but that was with him soaking up all of the targets with no Kittle or Deebo. Clearly the team still loves Deebo. Frankly, they just don’t throw enough. Their bread and butter is their run game and defense and controlling the tempo. 

I don't think they really have anybody that's a great fantasy play outside of Kittle, and he's not off to a great start either

19 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't think they really have anybody that's a great fantasy play outside of Kittle, and he's not off to a great start either

Deebo has been excellent?

5 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Deebo has been excellent?

He was brilliant in week 1 and had a solid game today.

I'm sure he'll have some more big games too but I expect he's gonna be pretty streaky.

I wouldn't mind having him on my team but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him each week

22 hours ago, polecatt said:

He was brilliant in week 1 and had a solid game today.

I'm sure he'll have some more big games too but I expect he's gonna be pretty streaky.

I wouldn't mind having him on my team but I wouldn't want to have to rely on him each week

Brilliant week 1 and solid week 2 is good enough for me to say he's been excellent IMO. 100 yards each week compared to where he was drafted and his ADP, he's been excellent. I wouldn't think of him as streaky yet considering he's led team in catches, yards, and targets in b2b weeks.

It was a good week for Axe Elf RBs…

Chris Carson (31 shares) 15.1 PPR
Damien Harris (21 shares) 13.4
Najee Harris (20 shares) 19.1
Latavius Murray (20 shares) 9.6
Derrick Henry (14 shares) 47.7
Aaron Jones (13 shares) 41.5
Ezekiel Elliott (9 shares) 17.7

There’s 128 RBs in 60 leagues gettin’ it done!

Best supporting WRs go to…

CeeDee Lamb (42 shares) 17.4 PPR
Brandin Cooks (28 shares) 22.8
Mike Williams (22 shares) 22.1
Adam Thielen (17 shares) 15.9
Marvin Jones, Jr. (14 shares) 17.5

123 WRs in 60 leagues helpin’ their boys!

And let’s not forget the captains…

Daniel Jones (41 shares) 29.46
Kirk Cousins (36 shares) 25.26
Patrick Mahomes (20 shares) 24.02

97 QBs in 60 leagues holding up their end of the bargain!

Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along season is in full swing!

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

97 QBs in 60 leagues holding up their end of the bargain!

Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along season is in full swing!

Just curious, how do you manage all those leagues? I struggle with the few I’m in.

28 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

Just curious, how do you manage all those leagues? I struggle with the few I’m in.

Only 16 of them are managed leagues, where I have to set lineups and scour waivers and field trade offers and such; the other 44 are best-ball leagues, where what I drafted is what I have for the season, and I get my best possible lineup each week automatically.

1. Tre"Quan will have at least 4 20 point PPR games
  2. Robby Anderson will be a top 20 WR
  3. Miles Gaskin will be running back 20-25 on the season
  4. CJ Uzomah will be a top 10 tight end
  5. My auction team will be trash (he can determine the cut off for that)

WEEK 2 Update Time

1.) Tre'Quan smith is still out. No progress here.

2.) Robby Anderson has dropped to receiver 60 on the year

3.) Gaskin is at RB #31 on the year

4.) Uzomah is TE #38

5.) I took a loss this week but scored 124 points. Was playing a guy who scored 140 points. Tough week to score that much and lose but it is what it is.

So 0 for 5 for now on the year for AxeElf. Tough week

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

So 0 for 5 for now on the year for AxeElf. Tough week

Nonsense.  The year is only 2 weeks in.

And it's not even 0 for 5 on the week, as you just said that the collection of detritus you call a "team" lost this week (tough week I guess)--and Gaskin is even worse than Axe Elf predicted, even at this early juncture.

So for the season so far, it's more like 2-2-1.

And that's just for the 5 things you're focusing on, out of the hundreds of calls Axe Elf made to lead you to your first championship this season.  We could always include the 15-0 that Axe Elf posted for the players listed above.

Trying to make Axe Elf look bad isn't as easy as you had hoped, eh?  lol

(Don't feel bad; it's not like you're the first to ever try.)

Hey Sean, where are you in total points scored and all-play record for your team?  3 or 4 out of 12?  I think we need to use that as the guide for trashiness.

Let's say top half of the league in both is sign of non-trash.  Top 25% is clearly non-trash.

The Elf is trying out the old tired axiom: If you lie often enough, and for long enough, eventually people will start to believe it. i don't get the impression that many here on this forearm fall for it, but I am sure there a few sucke... er I mean outliers who might.

20 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The Elf is trying out the old tired axiom: If you lie often enough, and for long enough, eventually people will start to believe it. i don't get the impression that many here on this forearm fall for it, but I am sure there a few sucke... er I mean outliers who might.

I will throw 10 turds against the wall and show you the 2 that look like celebrities faces and scrape off the rest.

59 minutes ago, jrokh said:

The Elf is trying out the old tired axiom: If you lie often enough, and for long enough, eventually people will start to believe it.

Axe Elf cannot evaluate the truth of this axiom, since Axe Elf never lies.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Only 16 of them are managed leagues, where I have to set lineups and scour waivers and field trade offers and such; the other 44 are best-ball leagues, where what I drafted is what I have for the season, and I get my best possible lineup each week automatically.

Bullshit...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Yep, the Democrats mantra that "he" is following...

Why does it matter.  

Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, posty said:

Bullshit...

lol  Post of the Day!

Calling BS on the number of managed and Best-Ball leagues Axe Elf has!

Too funny...!

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

Is this even a thing?

Only among those trying to feel better about another failed year of fantasy football when they didn't listen to the Elf.

AxeElf been wrong more than right.

Skinny_Bastard going 0-1 on his first attempt.

There shouldn't even be a debate.

There isn't.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Only among those trying to feel better about another failed year of fantasy football when they didn't listen to the Elf.

Skinny_Bastard going 0-1 on his first attempt.

There isn't.

FAKE NEWS!!

Why does anyone waste their time with this nonsense thread?

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

IKR?

After 20 some odd years trying to prove Axe Elf wrong, you'd think they'd eventually just give up--or maybe start to pay attention and win some leagues of their own?

But no, here we go again with another Oh Wow, Axe Elf Was Right All Along season unfolding like clockwork.

something something Mike Davis 

21 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Nonsense.  The year is only 2 weeks in.

And it's not even 0 for 5 on the week, as you just said that the collection of detritus you call a "team" lost this week (tough week I guess)--and Gaskin is even worse than Axe Elf predicted, even at this early juncture.

So for the season so far, it's more like 2-2-1.

And that's just for the 5 things you're focusing on, out of the hundreds of calls Axe Elf made to lead you to your first championship this season.  We could always include the 15-0 that Axe Elf posted for the players listed above.

Trying to make Axe Elf look bad isn't as easy as you had hoped, eh?  lol

(Don't feel bad; it's not like you're the first to ever try.)

No need to get so defensive. As of now your predictions that I highlighted are 0 for 5 on the year. There is no dispute to that and the numbers laid bare. I told you before I'm just needling you. And sorry champ, but I don't need your help- I do well enough on my own.

21 hours ago, nobody said:

Hey Sean, where are you in total points scored and all-play record for your team?  3 or 4 out of 12?  I think we need to use that as the guide for trashiness.

Let's say top half of the league in both is sign of non-trash.  Top 25% is clearly non-trash.

In that particular league where Elf and I disagree I've scored the 2nd most points and am in 4th place right now out of 12 teams. I've also had the most points scored against me to this point. 

10 hours ago, justforbeer said:

/thread

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

There is no dispute to that

ERROR

I think there might be some math majors who would dispute your claim that the #31 RB is better than the #25 RB, and then of course anyone with common sense would dispute your claim that your team's loss is indicative of its superiority.

There also seems to be some dispute as to how a player could possibly have four 20 point games after Week 2 of the season, but I don't want your brain to explode, so I'll let you digest the blatant errors first.

Yeah, that Gaskin line item is poorly worded in this thread.  It should be that Gaskin will be 20 or worse.  That was clearly his intent.  The way it's worded is Gaskin has to be in that 5 player range.

As official arbiter of this thread.  I would say TBD on the TreQuan having 4 20+ point games, correct on Gaskin and he takes the L on Robby Anderson, CJ Uzomah, and Golladay so far.  And from what I can tell of Sean's team, I'll say if he has the 2nd most points, his team is obviously not trash, so let's call it 1-4-1 so far.

Although I think all-play record is a better indicator of trashiness of a team since I wouldn't say a team that ends the year second and points, but scores the lowest 4 weeks and the highest 4 weeks is very good.  Not that I think that's the case here.  Just my preferred metric. 

27 minutes ago, nobody said:

let's call it 1-4-1 so far

Ahem.  I don't think you have the comprehensive list of Axe Elf projections.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:06 PM, AxeElf said:

I don't think you have the comprehensive list of Axe Elf projections.

So it's really more like 58 right and 22 TBD.