Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Marlon Mack

Everyone eventually becomes rosterable depending on the league settings. How deep is your roster, how many teams, what is the worst player on your bench?

He is rostered in my deep leagues, but not the shallower leagues. I would not take a flyer on him outside of 14 team leagues with 20+ roster size.

Ty Johnson

Ty'son Williams

Alex Collins

Tony Jones

Mehki Sargent

Marlon Mack

These are the backs I have been targeting for end of the bench flyers. Its really just a guess. He is worth it, sure. If Taylor goes down Mack steps in as the number 1. For me he is the last of the end of the bench flyers and I own 0 shares of. Which probably means he will be the one who ends up being the most valuable

If you own Taylor and you like taking a handcuff I think he’s worth it.  

But he doesn’t have a lot of stand alone value unless Taylor gets hurt.  

12 minutes ago, weepaws said:

If you own Taylor and you like taking a handcuff I think he’s worth it.  

But he doesn’t have a lot of stand alone value unless Taylor gets hurt.  

More concerned about him coming back from the Achilles tear. When Brandon Brooks tore his he said it takes two seasons to fully recover. I passed on him but but who knows...

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Tony Jones

Marlon Mack

Ty'son Williams

Ty Johnson

Alex Collins

Mehki Sargent

Put them in order for you.

You're welcome.

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Put them in order for you.

You're welcome.

Sure. Your guess is as good as anyone else's as to which starter will get hurt the soonest

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Sure. Your guess is as good as anyone else's as to which starter will get hurt the soonest

My rankings are based on current value.  Only Jones and Mack are worth rostering at this point.

Ty'son Williams and Tony Jones will have standalone value and should be rostered in all leagues.

The ravens run the ball a ton and need 2 backs, kamara has not had more than 200 carries in a season and someone will be there to get the slack.

I liked Marlon Mack, but only a year removed from an Achilles injury.....

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The ravens run the ball a ton and need 2 backs

After Jackson and Edwards get theirs, there can't be much left for Williams.  Guys in his role have typically gotten about 300 yards and 3 TDs for the Ravens, so I'm not rostering that.

23 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

After Jackson and Edwards get theirs, there can't be much left for Williams.  Guys in his role have typically gotten about 300 yards and 3 TDs for the Ravens, so I'm not rostering that.

I see where the misunderstanding is, you do not know the Raven's stats since Lamar Jackson took over. You think the #2 rb for the ravens has a role similar to that of other teams backup RB's, however since Lamar Jackson has become the QB the #2 runningback for the Ravens has been getting 700+ rushing yards.

Also, since Gus Edwards has never been a pass catching back there is also the perceived upside of Ty'Son Williams getting those receptions on top of the 700 rushing yards.

There is a decent chance that even if Gus Edwards is the starter this year that Ty'Son Williams returns standalone value.

21 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I see where the misunderstanding is, you do not know the Raven's stats since Lamar Jackson took over.

Axually, those are the stats I used in crafting my response.

21 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

since Lamar Jackson has become the QB the #2 runningback for the Ravens has been getting 700+ rushing yards

Yeah, well, the #2 RB for the Ravens is going to get more like 1200 rushing yards this season.

Problem is, Williams is the #3 RB, and that role is usually good for about 250 yards and 2 TDs.

2019:  Jackson 1206/7, Ingram 1018/10, Edwards 711/2, Hill 225/2.

2020:  Jackson 1005/7, Dobbins 805/9, Edwards 723/6, Ingram 299/2.

With Dobbins going out, Williams might see a little trickle-down--that's why I said 300/3--but it's not like Dobbins' production is going to be split evenly between the stud Edwards and the JAG Williams.

Axually, those are the stats I used in crafting my response.

Yeah, well, the #2 RB for the Ravens is going to get more like 1200 rushing yards this season.

Problem is, Williams is the #3 RB, and that role is usually good for about 250 yards and 2 TDs.

2019:  Jackson 1206/7, Ingram 1018/10, Edwards 711/2, Hill 225/2.

2020:  Jackson 1005/7, Dobbins 805/9, Edwards 723/6, Ingram 299/2.

With Dobbins going out, Williams might see a little trickle-down--that's why I said 300/3--but it's not like Dobbins' production is going to be split evenly between the stud Edwards and the JAG Williams.

50 more dollars on an over/under? I like Williams if you are setting that as his line.

Yeah, I dunno that even Axe Elf is enough of a degenerate to bet on how scrubby a #3 RB will be.

Plenty of things I would stand behind, though, if you have some extra money itching to get out.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, I dunno that even Axe Elf is enough of a degenerate to bet on how scrubby a #3 RB will be.

Plenty of things I would stand behind, though, if you have some extra money itching to get out.

Williams is the #2 RB, and that is in the 700 yard range.

If you think he is a scrub you should take the bet. I really don't mind taking your money.

Since Jackson has been the Ravens starting Qb , the rb2 on the Ravens , as registered 732 rushing yards in 2020, 711 in 2019, and 411 in 2018 that was A Collins who only played in ten games , so that would have avg out to 657.  

The rb2 on the Ravens should be good for 600 plus rush yards.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Since Jackson has been the Ravens starting Qb , the rb2 on the Ravens , as registered 732 rushing yards in 2020, 711 in 2019, and 411 in 2018 that was A Collins who only played in ten games , so that would have avg out to 657.  

The rb2 on the Ravens should be good for 600 plus rush yards.  

Plus Gus Edwards catches a ball every other game at most. 

Williams should immediately slot into that pass catching role, which admittedly isn't big, but it is good for about 250 receiving yards.

He should push for 1000 total yards as the backup.

22 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Williams is the #2 RB, and that is in the 700 yard range.

No.  Williams was not good enough to beat out Edwards for the #2 RB behind Dobbins, and Edwards will get the vast majority of Dobbins' vacated carries, not some JAG.

No.  Williams was not good enough to beat out Edwards for the #2 RB behind Dobbins, and Edwards will get the vast majority of Dobbins' vacated carries, not some JAG.

He was coming off an ACL tear and typically players who do that do not rebound until year 2.  Also he was a rookie, many nfl players take big leaps in skill between year 1 and year 2.

You are missing the boat on this one.

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

He was coming off an ACL tear and typically players who do that do not rebound until year 2.  Also he was a rookie, many nfl players take big leaps in skill between year 1 and year 2.

I was talking about THIS year--he still couldn't beat out Edwards for the #2 RB behind Dobbins.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

I was talking about THIS year--he still couldn't beat out Edwards for the #2 RB behind Dobbins.

Edwards couldn't beat out mark Ingram nor jk dobbins last year, yet he still had 700+ yards both seasons. 

The ravens system will give tons of carries to the #2 rb.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Edwards couldn't beat out mark Ingram nor jk dobbins last year, yet he still had 700+ yards both seasons. 

Yes, he was the #2 RB.

Williams is the #3 RB, good for like 300/3.

Williams has shown enough to be considered more than a JAG and worth a stash on a reasonably deep bench.  Felt that way before he was announced as the #2 behind Edwards, and felt same about Jones Jr before Murray was released.  Both will run behind above average O-lines and are one high ankle sprain away from being the lead back in high % run offenses.  500 yards rushing for Williams is a reasonable over/under given the current situation.  

3 minutes ago, Norwood....Wide Right! said:

Williams has shown enough to be considered more than a JAG and worth a stash on a reasonably deep bench.

I guess your idea of "reasonably deep" and mine are different.

3 minutes ago, Norwood....Wide Right! said:

500 yards rushing for Williams is a reasonable over/under given the current situation

Maybe a little higher than I would project, but even if you're right on target, how deep does a bench have to be for a 500 yard rusher to be worth a stash on it?

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yes, he was the #2 RB.

Williams is the #3 RB, good for like 300/3.

Why lie outright?

Williams is the #2 rb, same role Gus Edwards had last year, unless you believe that leveon bell will beat him out for the number 2🤣

19 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Why lie outright?

Why would you say that it is a lie?

JK Dobbins is their #1 RB.  He's injured.

Gus Edwards is their #2 RB.  He'll get most of Dobbins' vacated carries.

Ty'Son Williams IS their #3 RB, good for about 300/3 if the Ravens' historical distribution holds up.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Why would you say that it is a lie?

JK Dobbins is their #1 RB.  He's injured.

Gus Edwards is their #2 RB.  He'll get most of Dobbins' vacated carries.

Ty'Son Williams IS their #3 RB, good for about 300/3 if the Ravens' historical distribution holds up.

I am unsure that you know how an NFL depth chart works :unsure:

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am unsure that you know how an NFL depth chart works :unsure:

I am unsure that you know how an NFL team works.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

50 dollars?

Like I said, betting on the scrubbiness of a 3rd string RB isn't a particularly interesting bet to me, but just to give you a chance to get your money back on the other bet, I'll take Williams under 500 yards rushing for $50 as long as Edwards plays all 17 games.

It's not one I'm really invested in, though.

13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

as long as Edwards plays all 17 games.

Well, that din't last long.  lol

Edwards out for the season with a torn ACL?

I guess you win!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well, that din't last long.  lol

Edwards out for the season with a torn ACL?

I guess you win!

We will never know, other than i hope you have him rostered!

I do in my main league.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

We will never know, other than i hope you have him rostered!

Nah, I only roster good players.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

But you know, Trenton Cannon, the Ravens #2 RB, should be good for 700 yards this season.

Now you are getting it, sadly that is probably the case for us ty'son owners.

Was going to say that the 500 yards alone is rarely a good reason to stash.  Rather, it's the upside in the event that he gets a shot at the lead role, particularly in a place like Baltimore.   Looks like we're about to find out about that upside.  

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Should have put Ty'son at the top

Not at the time of the ranking.

1 minute ago, Cyclone2016 said:

I'm surprised Indy is not shopping Marlon Mack to other teams.

It's kind of hard to let go of a two-time 1000 yard rusher when your only other legitimate option is a RB who had 575 yards through November last year--when he WASN'T sharing the backfield.