Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

Dare I sit Zeke? (and M. Davis)

I didn't like Zeke's matchup at TB to begin with.  Now, All Pro ORG Z. Martin is out..  Currently sitting Zeke.

Line-up:  RB1 - J-Rob, RB2 = TB R. Jones (NOTE: also sitting ATL RB M. Davis)

WR1 = Diggs, WR2 = Evans, FLEX = JAX M. Jones (NOTE: sitting NYJ C. Davis)

Thoughts?  I can see Zeke putting up something like 20 for 70 and 3 for 25..

17 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

I didn't like Zeke's matchup at TB to begin with.  Now, All Pro ORG Z. Martin is out..  Currently sitting Zeke.

Line-up:  RB1 - J-Rob, RB2 = TB R. Jones (NOTE: also sitting ATL RB M. Davis)

WR1 = Diggs, WR2 = Evans, FLEX = JAX M. Jones (NOTE: sitting NYJ C. Davis)

Thoughts?  I can see Zeke putting up something like 20 for 70 and 3 for 25..

Never sit your stars. You shouldn't have drafted him if your afraid to play him.

You're way overthinking this

Start Zeke

I don’t agree about never sit your stars, somethings it’s the right move, and the better move.  

Dak is playing I would play Zeke, and I would easily start M Davis over R Jones.  

OP is this a ppr? 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I don’t agree about never sit your stars, somethings it’s the right move, and the better move.  

Dak is playing I would play Zeke, and I would easily start M Davis over R Jones.  

OP is this a ppr? 

This.

Sometimes you bench studs.

I dislike m Davis as much as anyone, but I would still start both Davis and zeke over Ronald Jones.

No, I think you're on to something here.  In fact, I wouldn't even start those scrubs JRob and Rojo.  In fact, you could probably just drop Zeke, since he's not helping your team, and pick up Rico Dowdle.  They could sign him back from the practice squad and stick him in the game when Zeke faceplants by the end of the first quarter.

..................benching Zeke and Davis for JRob and Rojo...  What WILL they think of next...?

5 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

This.

Sometimes you bench studs.

I dislike m Davis as much as anyone, but I would still start both Davis and zeke over Ronald Jones.

Well I've been doing this a long time and I learned to never bench your stars. Law of averages. You might be right on occasion but the they're stars for a reason. You know the whole analytics thing.  

Okay .. all right ..

I put in Zeke and Davis.  Sat Ronnie and Marvin.  I'll go with my highest-drafted skill players.  I'm still skeptical of Zeke - unless he gets a short TD, and/or DAL game plans him a ton of passes.  Oh - yes; full-point PPR.

This is just so bizarre.  I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not wanting their first round pick to play in the first game of the season before.

So if it had been Zeke that tore his ACL today instead of Gus, you'd have been... happy?

Some stat lines for Zeke last year, when his O/L was beat up:

- 12/45 & 1 catch for 6 yards

- 19/63 & 1/10

-18/51  & 2/18

- 10/32 & 1/7

- 12/48 & 2/11

FWIW, I wanted GB RB A. Jones, but someone sniped him before Pick 1.08.  Zeke was *my* last tier-1 RB left, so I took him.

Darn it OP I’m sorry about that  bad advise I gave you about starting the Zeke.  

Tonight’s game indeed shows why I can sit their studs sometimes.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Darn it OP I’m sorry about that  bad advise I gave you about starting the Zeke.  

Tonight’s game indeed shows why I can sit their studs sometimes.  

I mean, at least he didn't get minus points like RoJo...