rotisserieking

Gus Edwards injury?

I grabbed bell today and Tyson Williams earlier this week. I’ll take any share of a rb that plays for the most run heavy team in the league. Not expecting miracles but either could turn into a flex play and Freeman is garbage he’s cheap and expendable I bet Murray wanted a starting role somewhere and to much money. 

Do not waste your time with any running back on this team.  Talk about a huge mess.

They have no idea who will run the ball and this puts more pressure on L. Jackson which will probably end up getting him hurt too.

Just hope you did not draft anyone on the Ravens.....you will be better off with Browns players.  (Did I just say that??!!) 

So I just snagged Tyson Williams off my waiver wire. Somebody else snagged Bell before me, dummy. 

Now I have a problem though, dare I start Williams over Joe Mixon or even julio jones, lockett or C Davis?

Just now, erikthebassist said:

So I just snagged Tyson Williams off my waiver wire. Somebody else snagged Bell before me, dummy. 

Now I have a problem though, dare I start Williams over Joe Mixon or even julio jones, lockett or C Davis?

and I say that based on some film I've watched on him, great receiver out of the backfield, fast and shifty runner. He is small but that's ok, they'll likely drive him in to the ground having no better options. 

29 minutes ago, John Fox said:

I picked up Bell and just had an owner offer me Melvin Gordon for Bell. Would you pull the trigger? Or keep Bell?

I'd do it. I don't see Bell getting any significant work, doing anything with if he does or evading injury at his age. He's not the kind of build to have an extended career in to his 30's. 

1 hour ago, bimmer said:

L Jackson will lead Balt in rushing this season 🤣

Why not?  He has the last two seasons...

21 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

I'd do it. I don't see Bell getting any significant work, doing anything with if he does or evading injury at his age. He's not the kind of build to have an extended career in to his 30's. 

I think he's not a bad lottery ticket.

He's 29, he's essentially taken 2 of the last 3 years off, and only has 300 carries in 1 year of his career. He's got pretty fresh legs, the question is his work ethic and ability to get along with the rest of his team and coaches.

46 minutes ago, John Fox said:

I picked up Bell and just had an owner offer me Melvin Gordon for Bell. Would you pull the trigger? Or keep Bell?

Take it!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

dare I start Williams over Joe Mixon or even julio jones, lockett or C Davis?

This is crazy talk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

Am I the only one that watched Bell suck for the past three years? 

suck isn't the word I was thinking of, but he hasn't performed up to expectations that's for sure.

That being said, when he left the Steelers, I even went on the board here somewhere and predicted he will never score like he did in Pittsburgh.

the reason:  the system in Pittsburgh at the time was perfectly suited to his running style and they had a Running QB who was successful both running and throwing the ball and kept people from loading the box on running downs.

then he moves to the Jets.   no offense to jets fans, but the organization wasn't great and they had a lot of holes in their lineup and subpar QB play.  that could be partly due to poor coaching but in the end teams loaded the box and he didn't get the production he got before.

RB fantasy stats often mirror how the team is doing as a whole, and Bells stats were subpar in New York.

I don't necessarily blame him for this.  Bad team usually means bad stats on the ground.  That's a fact.

Not to mention that his QB didn't checkdown to Bell the way he needed to when he was in trouble.

either way, at his age its hard to say if he will come back and be the player he was, but I think he can be an adequate fill in.  Maybe the team gets someone else.  maybe not.  but right now he looks like the best option.

10 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

This is crazy talk.

we don't always agree but on this issue I agree completely.  Crazy Talk.

They signed Devonte Freeman. Not sure why NOONE is talking about that yet. Anyways, snagged him as someone already had Bell. Doubt they’re signing Murray since they have Bell and Freeman. Hoping Freeman ends up taking over since someone already snagged Bell and Williams 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Hoping Freeman ends up taking over

I doubt if anyone "takes over" at this point.  It's going to be Lamar and his minions.

10 minutes ago, Norwood....Wide Right! said:

Think you can make a case to start him over Corey Davis, but not the others.  

Well mixon is my RB with Diggs, J Jones and Lockett as my starting WR's. I just threw C Davis in because I'm still considering starting him over either lockett or jones. 

1 minute ago, erikthebassist said:

Well mixon is my RB with Diggs, J Jones and Lockett as my starting WR's. I just threw C Davis in because I'm still considering starting him over either lockett or jones. 

You know, Lockett outscored Metcalf over the last 8 games of 2020...

5 minutes ago, erikthebassist said:

Corey Davis could have a good week, but I wouldn't consider him over Jones and especially not over Lockett.  If you had to choose a starter between Ty'son Williams and Corey Davis, I would be fine going with Williams.  Hard to imagine him getting fewer than 15 touches.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

suck isn't the word I was thinking of, but he hasn't performed up to expectations that's for sure.

That being said, when he left the Steelers, I even went on the board here somewhere and predicted he will never score like he did in Pittsburgh.

the reason:  the system in Pittsburgh at the time was perfectly suited to his running style and they had a Running QB who was successful both running and throwing the ball and kept people from loading the box on running downs.

then he moves to the Jets.   no offense to jets fans, but the organization wasn't great and they had a lot of holes in their lineup and subpar QB play.  that could be partly due to poor coaching but in the end teams loaded the box and he didn't get the production he got before.

RB fantasy stats often mirror how the team is doing as a whole, and Bells stats were subpar in New York.

I don't necessarily blame him for this.  Bad team usually means bad stats on the ground.  That's a fact.

Not to mention that his QB didn't checkdown to Bell the way he needed to when he was in trouble.

either way, at his age its hard to say if he will come back and be the player he was, but I think he can be an adequate fill in.  Maybe the team gets someone else.  maybe not.  but right now he looks like the best option.

What about last year when he’s out played by Damien Williams in Kansas City? The hype for Bell is clearly name based alone, and not based on anything we’ve seen on the field in nearly half a decade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

I dont even know why I waste my time reading garbage posts 

I read yours.

😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

What about last year when he’s out played by Damien Darrel Williams in Kansas City?

ftfy

37 minutes ago, Norwood....Wide Right! said:

Corey Davis could have a good week, but I wouldn't consider him over Jones and especially not over Lockett.  If you had to choose a starter between Ty'son Williams and Corey Davis, I would be fine going with Williams.  Hard to imagine him getting fewer than 15 touches.  

J Jones is just such a huge question mark for me until I see him in live action. I feel like Davis could be the safer choice of the two. I agree with everyone that Lockett is locked in, no pun intended. So really the choice is Jones, Davis or Williams. I'm honestly leaning Davis, someone should talk me out of that. I also have Waddle if that clouds the decision any further. 

2 hours ago, John Fox said:

Do that now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

2016 he avg 20 points per game non ppr, and 2017 he avg 17.  

It feels like 5 years since he's been relevant. 

2 hours ago, erikthebassist said:

Joking right, oh it’s you, no your not joking. N

3 hours ago, John Fox said:

Yes I would.  

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

They signed Devonte Freeman. Not sure why NOONE is talking about that yet. Anyways, snagged him as someone already had Bell. Doubt they’re signing Murray since they have Bell and Freeman. Hoping Freeman ends up taking over since someone already snagged Bell and Williams 

Freeman didn’t last long when he was with the Falcons , who at that time didn’t have a rb2 , picking him up is not a good ideal m

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Well, the Ravens tipped their hand already about what they think of Freeman.  They originally worked out both Freeman and Bell.  They signed Bell and told Freeman no thanks.  Then gus got hurt and they signed Freeman.  That tells me the coaching staff graded both and have Bell as the better back.  

As soon as they figure out how much they will be paying Bell he will be the premier Back 

4 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

As soon as they figure out how much they will be paying Bell he will be the premier Back 

Don't count on it.

There is a reason that when CEH was out in the postseason last year, the Chiefs din't turn to Bell.  He had like 2 carries for 6 yards.  Darrel Williams was "the man."  And then Bell got cut.  And then he pointed a finger at Reid.

And they din't exactly welcome him with open arms by signing him to the practice squad initially, either.

Just now, Mike FF Today said:

Now THAT I will take...

Those 20 shares of Murray suddenly have value again.  He's immediately their RB1.

Now that’s a complete set of Rbs , Bell,Freeman,Murray.  

Be my guest in owning the right one week to week. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Now that’s a complete set of Rbs , Bell,Freeman,Murray.  

Be my guest in owning the right one week to week. 

Just stashed Murray as my RB5 so I'll just wait and see what happens.  None are worth starting for now and one of them might become a decent RB2 or RB3...time will tell.

I think the whole rb situation with the Ravens is pretty schmitty.