rotisserieking

Gus Edwards injury?

50 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Now THAT I will take...

Those 20 shares of Murray suddenly have value again.  He's immediately their RB1.

needs to learn the playbook, but he has a shot.

at the end of the day, the relative ages of the relevant players may play a roll here.

Bell is 29 (for some reason I thought he was older) and Murray is 31 (for some reason I thought he was younger)

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Well, the Ravens tipped their hand already about what they think of Freeman.  They originally worked out both Freeman and Bell.  They signed Bell and told Freeman no thanks.  Then gus got hurt and they signed Freeman.  That tells me the coaching staff graded both and have Bell as the better back.  

This makes sense.   Though its tough to know what to make of Bell. 

He has a history of being .... lets say not a team guy.

if he doesnt end up as the starter, this may be part of the reason.

For now its Ty'Son Williams show for at least one week.

after that.... I guess its anybody's guess where this goes.   I would agree they would probably want to look at Bell before they give Freeman a shot simply based on the logic in your post (which I agree with)

what we dont know is how Latavius Murray fits in here.

Murray was cut for wanting too much money from the Saints.   Ravens cap room is low.  Probably why Freeman got signed to the practice squad.

3 minutes ago, drdelaware said:

Murray was cut for wanting too much money from the Saints.   Ravens cap room is low.  Probably why Freeman got signed to the practice squad.

No.  he was cut because he wouldnt take a pay cut to stay.

that said, they had to pay out a certain portion of his contract to waive him.   

if that number added to the current contract adds up to a larger number than what the proposed contract was in New Orleans he made the right call.

Im sure other factors went into the decision.  If hes super happy there, maybe he takes the pay cut.   But most people are not happy to have a pay cut so there is also that.  

Clearly the contract offer wasnt that bad if hes signing in Baltimore.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

No.  he was cut because he wouldnt take a pay cut to stay.

that said, they had to pay out a certain portion of his contract to waive him.   

if that number added to the current contract adds up to a larger number than what the proposed contract was in New Orleans he made the right call.

Im sure other factors went into the decision.  If hes super happy there, maybe he takes the pay cut.   But most people are not happy to have a pay cut so there is also that.  

Clearly the contract offer wasnt that bad if hes signing in Baltimore.

Seeing that and was hoping for that.  Just questioned what he would take.   Justin Houston took less to sign with the Ravens (season ticket holder since 1998). Looking forward to seeing the terms.   They need all of the backs right now and let it shake out.

2 minutes ago, drdelaware said:

Seeing that and was hoping for that.  Just questioned what he would take.   Justin Houston took less to sign with the Ravens (season ticket holder since 1998). Looking forward to seeing the terms.   They need all of the backs right now and let it shake out.

well, its looking like they have signed a lot of players.   so I think there is at least adequate talent.

it may come down to who is the best fit and who learns the playbook more quickly.  that person will get a quick leg up on the competition (in that they may get the first look) if TySon Williams isnt able to cut it.

Why no Gurley?  I didn't follow FF last year.  Are his knees shot or something?   

3 old slow mediocre at best rbs. I will take my chances with Williams. Although these situations seem to keep on going where rbs from that team keep getting hurt

3 hours ago, Maulers1973 said:

Why no Gurley?  I didn't follow FF last year.  Are his knees shot or something?   

that seems to be the word on the street.

though he should be rostered.   he has been able to produce at least adequately when he plays.  Maybe hes more suitable to a time share or backup duties now due to injury/durability issues.

Where the problem likely lies is that he likely wants to be paid like a starter, and that could be why nobody wants anything to do with him.

Just traded chase Edmonds for ty'son Williams with @Bigtraine

I am not afraid of buying high, bring on the unproven, undrafted 2nd year player with an ACL tear on his resume :banana:

Sorry but I would have kept Edmonds. 

25 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Just traded chase Edmonds for ty'son Williams with @Bigtraine

I am not afraid of buying high, bring on the unproven, undrafted 2nd year player with an ACL tear on his resume :banana:

Yikes, my condolences…

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

The reason I flagged @Bigtraine is because I figured everyone would love his side of the deal. 

I like it though.

I thought about waiting until after Williams destroys LV this weekend to see how high his value gets, but I felt like Edmonds was worth it to go now.  Plus they are only about 3 months apart in age - since I am in a rebuild there anyway.

6 minutes ago, Bigtraine said:

I thought about waiting until after Williams destroys LV this weekend to see how high his value gets, but I felt like Edmonds was worth it to go now.

You did the right thing.  As little value as Edmonds has, he's about as much as you could possibly hope for in return for some scrub in a dumpster fire of a backfield.

3 hours ago, Bigtraine said:

I thought about waiting until after Williams destroys LV this weekend to see how high his value gets, but I felt like Edmonds was worth it to go now.  Plus they are only about 3 months apart in age - since I am in a rebuild there anyway.

Congrats 

A decade or two ago the Ravens had another undrafted RB nobody believed in.....Priest Holmes.

Ty'son, I don't care what you do tomorrow but please please please don't lose a fumble...actually don't fumble at all.

1 hour ago, BufordT said:

A decade or two ago the Ravens had another undrafted RB nobody believed in.....Priest Holmes.

You mean the guy who sucked for three or four years until he went to the Chiefs?

46 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You mean the guy who sucked for three or four years until he went to the Chiefs?

If you mean the guy who sucked to the tune of 4.6 ypc and never got a chance?  Then yes.

• Like 1

Moving forward this backfield probably is going to get a bit muddled but not this week. IMO this is Williams's backfield WK1 and he will get fed against what should be one of the lower-tier run defenses in the NFL. This should lead to big success for Ty'Son this week as the Ravens will most likely, as they have in the past, lean HEAVY into the run and the one back that injured the system. The WR room was decimated by injury during training camp and the passing game probably is not firing on all cylinders in week 1. 

50 minutes ago, BufordT said:

If you mean the guy who sucked to the tune of 4.6 ypc and never got a chance?  Then yes.

That's the one.  So let's not go pretending that the Ravens make superstars out of unknowns.