Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Baltimore Ravens agree to one-year deal with Latavius Murray, source says

I had GUS (picked in Round 5 in my recent 12 team league on Monday night)....but also picked up Williams in the 13th round.....dropped Gio Bernard to pick up Murray.....I'll be sitting them both until this backfield becomes less murky.

Murray had 656 rushing yards and 4 TDs, and 23 catches for 176 yards and another TD in a complementary role last year for the Saints. I could see him putting up similar numbers with the Ravens, but I don't expect them to have a 'starter' still, probably more of a committee. Worth seeing how things shake out with Ty'son, LeVeon Bell and even Devonta Freeman (if the latter two are even activated off the practice squad). We know the Ravens running game will be good, but with the rotation and opportunities/TDs capped by Lamar Jackson it could be a bit of a headache.

30 minutes ago, show me the murray said:

Murray had 656 rushing yards and 4 TDs, and 23 catches for 176 yards and another TD in a complementary role last year for the Saints. I could see him putting up similar numbers with the Ravens, but I don't expect them to have a 'starter' still, probably more of a committee. Worth seeing how things shake out with Ty'son, LeVeon Bell and even Devonta Freeman (if the latter two are even activated off the practice squad). We know the Ravens running game will be good, but with the rotation and opportunities/TDs capped by Lamar Jackson it could be a bit of a headache.

they have signed 3 vets.  I'd guess Bell wouldn't be satisfied as a backup, so if he doesn't win the starting job he'll be turfed quickly.   I wouldn't be surprised if one of these vets gets released partway into the season once they figure out what the final pecking order actually is.

but for now, Murray has a shot.

For now it's Ty'Son's backfield.  now he needs to prove he can carry the mail if he wants to keep the carries he already has.

All depth, there is a reason they were available to be signed. 

Ty'Son already has an ACL tear on his resume, they need warm bodies that know the playbook. I think they will keep all of them as backup options. 

One of the 3 old guys will probably get a passing down role depending on Ty'sons pass blocking skills. Whoever can get the passing down roll should also be a flex play due to the shear amount that Baltimore likes to run the football.

I would stay clear of this situation n

2 hours ago, tanatastic said:

The answer is Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson will lead the team in rushing.

As he has done for the past two seasons.

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

All depth, there is a reason they were available to be signed. 

Ty'Son already has an ACL tear on his resume, they need warm bodies that know the playbook. I think they will keep all of them as backup options. 

One of the 3 old guys will probably get a passing down role depending on Ty'sons pass blocking skills. Whoever can get the passing down roll should also be a flex play due to the shear amount that Baltimore likes to run the football.

perhaps.

but the kid is still unproven.

and some backs don't come out and light it up in their fist year playing.  Sometimes it takes up to a year or so.

If he stinks the joint out in his first game, you can bet they will be looking to split carries until he gets up to speed or proves himself to be unable to produce as a starter.

at that point its all a matter of who plays best with the team around him.

Those guys may have been available for a reason, but Ty'Son also wasn't a starter either (presumably for a reason also)

don't get me wrong. I like the kid.  maybe he has what it takes, but This is by no means a slam dunk.

And in the meantime, no one is talking about Trenton Cannon, who could end up Darren Sprolesing his way to PPR relevance while all these washed up shells of RBs are splitting "lead back" duties.

With the Ravens' backfield a dumpster fire and Bateman sidelined, I got my eye on Sammy Watkins Monday night...

The last time Sammy Watkins played with Offensive Coordinator Greg Roman (in Buffalo), he averaged 70.3 yards per game.  No Ravens WR averaged more than 49 receiving yards per game in 2020.

You're welcome.

Did the Ravens sign a new passing Qb for Roman offense?m