Sign in to follow this  
bfros

Drop Rojo for one of these?

R jones looked bad last night. Fournette clearly started. Rojo was benched after fumble whereas Fournette's rock hands drop that led to interception did not result in any benching. Felt like Fournette was their guy. Gio in on all 3rd downs. I may be out on Rojo, esp that I'm in a PPR league. 

Which of these guys would you drop Rojo for? All are available right now. Need to grab one ASAP

Z.Moss (Bills don't run much, Singletary seems to be the lead dude)

Mattison (instant high end RB if Cook gets hurt)

T.Jones (instant high end RB if Kamara gets hurt)

Coleman (starting for Jets, but a few other guys there including M.Cartner nipping on his heels; mediocre offense)

Lindsay (will rotate with Ingram and Johnson; terrible offense)

M.Hardman (I own HIll so if Hill goes down Hardman could be big plug in)

Thanks! Feel free to rank your top 3 of this group.  

I don't think I would. 

Ronald Jones didn't look great but it's not like Fournette looked much better on the ground (although obviously has more upside in the passing game). Looked like he was in the doghouse for a fumble but Arians showed last season he'll ride the hot hand, and he kept going back to Jones even after it looked like he might ride with Fournette.

Situation bears watching over the next few weeks, but in that offense with plenty of opportunities to score I think you'd be giving up on him too soon. Maybe bench him next week and see if Fournette gets the lion's share of the carries.

Plus you've pointed out yourself that those options all have flaws. Moss plays in the worst offense for RBs in the league (and TD-upside is taken away by Allen). Coleman could be in a committee and we don't know how that Jets offense looks yet. I want no part of that Texans backfield, at least until someone separates themselves (and even then, meh). The others are just dice rolls on injuries, they're not going to help you unless one of those guys goes down. Hardman is the only one with some standalone value right now as he could be the WR2. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I like Jones and Mattison, but not so sure they will be better then R Jones. 

• Like 1

Seems like a premature knee-jerk reaction to a bad game.

Now if Mark Ingram was available, that could be an upgrade.