Sign in to follow this  
jackjohn

Trade Help. Whir

10 team 1 ppr. Start QB, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 wrt 4 pt passing tds.

QB: J. Hurts

RB: Ekeler, Kamara, CEH, M. Sanders, Gaskin, Sermon, Jones Jr

WR: Lamb, AJ Brown, Jeudy, Boyd, Ant. Brown

TE: Everett

Trade offer is qb A. Rodgers for Sanders, Boyd. 

Honestly I'm wondering if Rodgers even cares this year. 

Thoughts? Whir

At least you'd have a QB that will be starting after Week 5... but then there are a lot of those on the waiver wire that don't cost you an arm (Boyd) and a leg (Sanders).

Are you kidding me?

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

At least you'd have a QB that will be starting after Week 5... but then there are a lot of those on the waiver wire that don't cost you an arm (Boyd) and a leg (Sanders).

Are you kidding me?

That's what is holding me back. Big Ben, Carr, Z. Wilson, Cousins etc are available. If Rodgers is gonna play like he did last year, it MAY be worth it. If he drops to qb7, the value is gone. Thanks for the input!

Do you realize that over the back half of 2020, you know, after Justin Jefferson emerged?--Cousins was the QB3 in fantasy, behind Rodgers and Watson?

And he's just sitting there on your waiver wire?

lol

Maybe you should just drop Sanders and Boyd and pick up Cousins...

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Do you realize that over the back half of 2020, you know, after Justin Jefferson emerged?--Cousins was the QB3 in fantasy, behind Rodgers and Watson?

And he's just sitting there on your waiver wire?

lol

Maybe you should just drop Sanders and Boyd and pick up Cousins...

That's the alternative. Drop Jones Jr for Cousins. Or counter offer for Kupp and just pick up Cousins? WW is wr heavy and rb bare.

8 minutes ago, jackjohn said:

That's the alternative. Drop Jones Jr for Cousins. Or counter offer for Kupp and just pick up Cousins? WW is wr heavy and rb bare.

Just drop Hurts for Cousins, duh.

I like Hurts and his legs Vs the Falcons this weekend , so I would stream him. I also like Cousins Vs the bengals. 

But I can see Hurst having one of those big ff scoring days.  

You've got a guy who could be a top 10 QB with his rushing upside, and he's not even played his week 1 game yet.

Why don't you wait and, y'know, see how he looks before trading a WR and RB for another QB?

10 hours ago, show me the murray said:

You've got a guy who could be a top 10 QB with his rushing upside

Hard to be top 10 when you're benched in October.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Hard to be top 10 when you're benched in October.

I mean given that hasn't happened yet, and given the option behind him is Minshew who's already proven he's at best a placeholder, I'd probably hold on to the guy.

1 hour ago, show me the murray said:

I mean given that hasn't happened yet, and given the option behind him is Minshew who's already proven he's at best a placeholder, I'd probably hold on to the guy.

That's the line I'm taking now. Wait and see. Too many streamable qbs on waivers to rush for 1 now. Most teams have their 2 qbs, some even 3. So I don't see a guy like Cousins getting picked up, unless injuries occur.

In the end, I'm itching to make a 2 for 1 trade. It's always nice to have an open roster spot. And Sanders, Boykin are unlikely to see my starting lineup, unless my team goes all Ravenesque and tears acls like its going out of style.

Thanks for your input, I appreciates that!

That’s the best move OP. 

Good luck with that decision and thank you for the post.  

Hurts is one of those QB's who will be feast or Famine.

he will get you 25 points 2 weeks in a row and then 10 points.

the upside when he runs the ball is great, but with a guy like him you should have a backup.

As mentioned Cousins is  a solid option you can get for free.  there may be others as well.   but the nice thing about Cousins.... the defense isnt great so he could be needing to play from behind and throwing the ball a lot.

That makes him top 10 for sure.   Hes not the sexy pickup but combined with your guy Hurts you could play the matchup each week and come out all the better for it. (provided you make the right call each week of course)