Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

D'Andre Swift

Any hope for him Sunday ?  I am hoping the oline shows out pretty good for home opener. Maybe he can catch a bunch of dump off passes, and stumble in the endzone. SF is flying across the country, for a early game. Just hoping for a strong flex play

45 minutes ago, snatchit said:

Any hope for him Sunday ?  I am hoping the oline shows out pretty good for home opener. Maybe he can catch a bunch of dump off passes, and stumble in the endzone. SF is flying across the country, for a early game. Just hoping for a strong flex play

I personally avoided all lions players other then Amon-Ra St. Brown as a stash. However, knowing how Goff was with Gurley I see swift getting some.

12 minutes ago, killerpopcorn said:

However, knowing how Goff was with Gurley I see swift getting some.

Goff?  Who cares about Goff?  He's just the cog in the machine.  He'll run his coaches' offense.

That said, the two NFL teams that targeted their RBs the most last season were the Saints and the Chargers.

The assistant head coach of the Saints is now the head coach of the Lions.

The head coach of the Chargers is now the offensive coordinator of the Lions.

The Lions' starting WRs are Tyrell Williams and Kalif Raymond.

He will be "getting some" indeed.

• Like 1

Swift, J Williams and Hockensen all will be targeted a lot. 

Goff gets to face a team from the NFC west , a team with what might be the best def from the NFC west, and a team that knows Goff. 

Plus Swift hasn’t been real healthy this past off season.  hate to see leave the game with one those nagging injuries. 

This coaching staff talked up Williams so much and did like what they saw out of Jefferson in the preseason. Pair that with 10 days ago the coaches were worried about Swift being in game shape for week 1 and you could say there is risk playing Swift week 1. On top of that, the 49ers may dominate the Lions and the staff chooses to not ride their injury-prone RB in a lost cause. 

Has anyone heard of the rumor swirling around that Swift might be involved in some kind of murder investigation? That's what I figured this thread would be about. I'm pretty sure it came from some redditor.

10 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Has anyone heard of the rumor swirling around that Swift might be involved in some kind of murder investigation? That's what I figured this thread would be about. I'm pretty sure it came from some redditor.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/09/dan-campbell-doesnt-believe-dandre-swift-is-under-police-investigation-expects-him-to-play-in-lions-opener.html

3 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Not sure that the coach saying that really proves or disproves anything. 

I will say this:

I was working at a crappy hotel in a crappy area near miami during this pandemic (I've since moved to a much better property in Boca Raton) and one day I checked in Mr. Swift into my crappy hotel. He was surrounded by what seemed like 2 prostitutes and his Bentley convertible was the only nice car in my entire parking lot. Not saying its any of my business but the entire time I thought to myself - "What on planet earth is this guy doing here?" There's so many better options to choose from than where I was working. 

I'm playing Swift over Edmonds and C Davis in a flex.

Don't have time to look it up, but someone on Twitter called the local police dept. and the facts are that an anonymous tip like six months ago implicated Swift in a murder investigation, but Swift is not currently under investigation.

Did the call come from Jamaal Williams' house?

• Haha 1

Why would K Johnson call? He’s not on the Lions.  

I would be concern , J Williams started the game, and he looked just as good. Plus hard to count  on garbage time every week  

In 2020, the two teams that targeted their RBs the most were the Saints and the Chargers.

The assistant head coach for the Saints is now the head coach of the Lions.

The head coach for the Chargers is now the offensive coordinator of the Lions.

Week 1

Lions RBs: 21 targets

Lions TEs: 11 targets

Lions WRs: 24 targets

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

In 2020, the two teams that targeted their RBs the most were the Saints and the Chargers.

The assistant head coach for the Saints is now the head coach of the Lions.

The head coach for the Chargers is now the offensive coordinator of the Lions.

Week 1

Lions RBs: 21 targets

Lions TEs: 11 targets

Lions WR: 24 targets

you can add fuel to this.  How many good WR's do the Lions have?

How many have ever put up a 1000 yard Season?

only one.  back in 2016 Tyrell Williams in San Diego (when the Chargers were still there)

This looks like a Team where nearly all the Talent is at TE and RB.

a smart coach puts together a game plan that utilizes the best talent they got.  That Talent would be at TE and WR for this team.

Sure some of the WR are young and may have some upside, but thats not where the offense will run through.

I don't know, but I don't recall the Lions having a reliable fantasy RB since Barry Sanders...

I don't know why that would change now

Just now, polecatt said:

I don't know why that would change now

See above, Axe Elf just explained it.

As long as Swift can stay healthy he'll produce decent numbers. He's definitely more talented than Jamaal Williams. Yet they'll have to use Williams a fair amount because they'll be behind a lot and you just can't work the shiot outta Swift. Swift's saving grave may be.the fact that he's a good receiver. I have him in several leagues and as long as he's healthy I'll start him.As has been.said his offensive coordinator definitely uses his rbs a lot.

19 hours ago, weepaws said:

I would be concern , J Williams started the game, and he looked just as good. Plus hard to count  on garbage time every week  

It's Detroit. There are going to be many weeks with garbage time. 

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

See above, Axe Elf just explained it.

I see how it could happen, it actually happening though, we'll see

5 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

It's Detroit. There are going to be many weeks with garbage time. 

Not all of them will produce ff points like that game did.