Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Tim Hack

I got to give it to the little guy. Despite being consistently wrong, pushing disinformation, and being mercilessly roaster over and over and over and over and over and over again.

He is one of the more polite posters here.

Still a hack, but a polite hack. :cheers:

• Sad 1

Agreed.   Cool as the other side of the pillow.   He does have a brain and I appreciate that he's been in the ring the whole way on this subject.   He challenges my opinions and has changed my mind on some details.   

He's still a sh!thead though. . . 

• Sad 1

Disagree with damn near everything he posts but he's civil and backs his sh!t up with links.  

I have no complaints. Dood should stick around.  :cheers:

ETA: He reminds me of Frank M without the funny and sarcasm. 

I respect him for not backing down in his beliefs of the virus. He does not post about anything else on here but about that. Guess it's nice this forum has it's own Dr. Fauci.

19 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I respect him for not backing down in his beliefs of the virus. He does not post about anything else on here but about that. Guess it's nice this forum has it's own Dr. Fauci.

Hey. No reason to be that mean to Hack. He means well..... I think. Can't say that about that fraud fauci.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I agree.  I'd be willing to be that he has 10x more time invested in the Chinavirus than Fraudci.

Speaking of. Did you know that mofo has a movie coming out??? Tell me it’s about saving lives 

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Speaking of. Did you know that mofo has a movie coming out??? Tell me it’s about saving lives 

:lol: No focking way.

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Hey. No reason to be that mean to Hack. He means well..... I think. Can't say that about that fraud fauci.

It's good to have some one with a opposite opinion like Tim. Yes he is the forums Fauci but cool he is around.

I have a question for Tim as well and found out tonight through the GF. Older couple in the later 60's got the double jab when first came out, later both caught Covid and Husband died of Blood clots. How did the vaccine help that couple ? Did the vaccine have something to do with his death ? True story!

Thanks for the (mostly) kind words.   Glad to see some people may actually be a little open minded on some things.

I do try to be polite but I’ll admit have gotten riled up a few times.

I do read some of the other threads and post occasionally so will try to do a little more, but am not really interested in politics (covid shouldn’t be political).   I did even share some of my bad music taste.

I also plan to post on the FF forum some more if any geeks actually go over there.  That’s really the reason I even came to the GC last year, I had taken a few year break from FF but got back into it last season, although the FF forum was kinda dead so ventured over here.

I will admit I’ve wondered if my namesake (former Eagles folk hero who ended Michael Irvin’s career, although that’s not why I was a fan of his) is vaccinated, being from Montana.   I know no one cares but while I grew up outside Philly and was an Eagles fan for the most part, I’ve lived in NC for 10 years now and would probably consider myself a converted Panthers fan.

And cdub, how did you know I was little?  I did debate posting in the what’s your height & weight thread but ended up deciding against it for fear of retaliation (5’3 140).

5 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I have a question for Tim as well and found out tonight through the GF. Older couple in the later 60's got the double jab when first came out, later both caught Covid and Husband died of Blood clots. How did the vaccine help that couple ? Did the vaccine have something to do with his death ? True story!

Did he just die recently?  If so, with so much time in between vaccine and infection (most actual vaccine-related adverse events seem to occur in the first 2 weeks) I think it’d be tough to claim that the vaccine contributed to the death, and I believe there is a link between covid infection and blood clots.  Possible the vaccine helped the wife assuming she didn’t die too but we’ll never know.  But unfortunately, while still effective, the vaccine isn’t 100% effective (particularly against Delta) so there will still be breakthrough hospitalizations and deaths (mainly while I’m still concerned for my 70 year old parents), and there does also seem to be a bit of waning immunity particularly in older people.

Did I log into the right place this morning?  Or is this some alternate universe where people are nice to Tim?  :unsure: 

Honestly I'm glad to see it.  I've said as much in the past so I'm glad that others agree that he is a solid contributor.  Hope you stay around @TimHauckand contribute in other areas as well.  :cheers: 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have him on ignore. There was a point where he would NOT accept the fact that he was wrong ( which as plenty of you have seen he always refuses to do) and just kept pestering me with notifications. I make it a point to just not associate with ppl like that. Someone like him thinks he knows more than an expert or someone who’s studied the information in college. Of course, there’s plenty of righty hacks that are the same. I don’t associate with them either. My life has been a lot more pleasant without having to listen to his drivel 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I have him on ignore. There was a point where he would NOT accept the fact that he was wrong ( which as plenty of you have seen he always refuses to do) and just kept pestering me with notifications. I make it a point to just not associate with ppl like that. Someone like him thinks he knows more than an expert or someone who’s studied the information in college. Of course, there’s plenty of righty hacks that are the same. I don’t associate with them either. My life has been a lot more pleasant without having to listen to his drivel 

I wasn’t wrong.  Lol this guy thought the photo that got those Umass girls suspended wasn’t at a big St. Patrick’s Day party

54 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

At the risk of hijacking @TimHauck's lovefest... Digby, I'd like to give you an observation, and I do this because I like you.  You seem very angry lately.  You have no patience for anyone; less than none -- when you disagree with someone you immediately respond with vitriol at the poster.  A majority of your recent posts sound like you want to honestly meet the person IRL and fight them.  You said above and on other occasions that you don't associate with such people.  But you kinda are.  And you should:  the problem isn't their posts, it is your reactions.

I was a lot more volatile in my younger FFT days so I understand the feeling.  But I can tell you I've learned that life is too short to carry that anger around all of the time.  :cheers: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

At the risk of hijacking @TimHauck's lovefest... Digby, I'd like to give you an observation, and I do this because I like you.  You seem very angry lately.  You have no patience for anyone; less than none -- when you disagree with someone you immediately respond with vitriol at the poster.  A majority of your recent posts sound like you want to honestly meet the person IRL and fight them.  You said above and on other occasions that you don't associate with such people.  But you kinda are.  And you should:  the problem isn't their posts, it is your reactions.

I was a lot more volatile in my younger FFT days so I understand the feeling.  But I can tell you I've learned that life is too short to carry that anger around all of the time.  :cheers: 

I have no patience anymore cause I’ve stopped giving it to people here. Most of the time they’re either trolling or refuse to listen common sense and science. It’s only with people on social media honestly man. I’ve just found it’s better to just ignore them after a certain amount of time spent arguing with them. Once I determine they’re never going to listen or they don’t have an open mind I’m done. Really, I’m a nice guy and usually get along with everyone. Now this is in person. I’ve found peoples personalities tend to change drastically on social media, and not in the good way. Which is why I say, people here and on social media won’t ever act or say the things they do online to people in person cause they’d get their asses whooped. 

In regards to Tim, I was fine with him for a long time until he became unhinged one day when he was proven wrong and refused to do nothing but try and troll me that day. So I put him on ignore cause my notifications were blowing up. And not well thought out explanations. Those are fine cause like others have said, he tries to back up his claims even if they’re wrong. But when someone tries to argue with me about something I’ve majored in in college, have worked in for over 10 years, and currently in grad school being taught even more but refuses to even acknowledge the clear cut science I’ve provided then I’m done. 

Thanks for not being a complete d1ck though in your post. I really do appreciate it when people here actually try to have a conversation instead of just acting like a complete douche the entire time and refuse to acknowledge or even provide scientific answers. You fall into the category of one of the few who will actually carry on a convo :cheers: 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

In regards to Tim, I was fine with him for a long time until he became unhinged one day when he was proven wrong and refused to do nothing but try and troll me that day. So I put him on ignore cause my notifications were blowing up. And not well thought out explanations. Those are fine cause like others have said, he tries to back up his claims even if they’re wrong. But when someone tries to argue with me about something I’ve majored in in college, have worked in for over 10 years, and currently in grad school being taught even more but refuses to even acknowledge the clear cut science I’ve provided then I’m done. 

You’re going to grad school for identifying where pictures are taken?  Because pretty sure that’s why you said you put me on ignore...

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You’re going to grad school for identifying where pictures are taken?  Because pretty sure that’s why you said you put me on ignore...

😄

31 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I have no patience anymore cause I’ve stopped giving it to people here. Most of the time they’re either trolling or refuse to listen common sense and science. It’s only with people on social media honestly man. I’ve just found it’s better to just ignore them after a certain amount of time spent arguing with them. Once I determine they’re never going to listen or they don’t have an open mind I’m done. Really, I’m a nice guy and usually get along with everyone. Now this is in person. I’ve found peoples personalities tend to change drastically on social media, and not in the good way. Which is why I say, people here and on social media won’t ever act or say the things they do online to people in person cause they’d get their asses whooped. 

Thanks for not being a complete d1ck though in your post. I really do appreciate it when people here actually try to have a conversation instead of just acting like a complete douche the entire time and refuse to acknowledge or even provide scientific answers. You fall into the category of one of the few who will actually carry on a convo :cheers: 

You're welcome.  Regarding your Tim comment, I vaguely remember that exchange, your side of it that is.  If you are an authority in an area that is fine.  But know that I for instance question people in authority at times, and I think most people do.  Several of the things are regarding my cancer treatment.  If my doctor ever told me your above"it was something he majored in in college..." regarding why I should listen, I'd disregard him and I'd get a new doctor.  That's not a compelling argument, sorry.

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You're welcome.  Regarding your Tim comment, I vaguely remember that exchange, your side of it that is.  If you are an authority in an area that is fine.  But know that I for instance question people in authority at times, and I think most people do.  Several of the things are regarding my cancer treatment.  If my doctor ever told me your above"it was something he majored in in college..." regarding why I should listen, I'd disregard him and I'd get a new doctor.  That's not a compelling argument, sorry.

I’m all for people questioning everything they hear. Especially nowadays. You honestly can’t even trust the CDC or the chief medical advisor of the United States nowadays which is sad. Even at the med school I’m at the doctors there “unofficially” say they aren’t trusting them anymore and do their own research. You can’t trust the media anymore either. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

😄

Thread reference for when digby said he put me on ignore:

Pretty much proves @jerryskids point above.  I was being my usual polite self and digby starts flipping out.   I did repeat the same question a bunch of times which maybe I shouldn’t have (where he was proven wrong), but was just because he refused to answer.

I also have one other question for digby while we’re at it.  He mentioned in one thread that he would get vaccinated once it got full approval, so curious if he has yet.

Maybe someone could quote this post so he’ll see it. 😀

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

I like it. I'm getting tired of pretending everything is fine 

14 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Thread reference for when digby said he put me on ignore:

Pretty much proves @jerryskids point above.  I was being my usual polite self and digby starts flipping out.   I did repeat the same question a bunch of times which maybe I shouldn’t have (where he was proven wrong), but was just because he refused to answer.

I also have one other question for digby while we’re at it.  He mentioned in one thread that he would get vaccinated once it got full approval, so curious if he has yet.

Maybe someone could quote this post so he’ll see it. 😀

Yeah, that's the thread I remember starting to think "man, Digby has gone off of the deep end."  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Yeah, that's the thread I remember starting to think "man, Digby has gone off of the deep end."  :thumbsup: 

That’s the thread where I had finally had enough of him and decided to block him. At that point, I was tired of arguing with him. Dude would argue with a rock if the rock had a different opinion than him. Tim Hack is a good nickname for him :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

That’s the thread where I had finally had enough of him and decided to block him. At that point, I was tired of arguing with him. Dude would argue with a rock if the rock had a different opinion than him. Tim Hack is a good nickname for him :lol: 

I honestly didn't remember ever conversing with you until that thread

21 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Thanks for the (mostly) kind words.   Glad to see some people may actually be a little open minded on some things.

I do try to be polite but I’ll admit have gotten riled up a few times.

I do read some of the other threads and post occasionally so will try to do a little more, but am not really interested in politics (covid shouldn’t be political).   I did even share some of my bad music taste.

Now that I've thrown a few kind words your way, let's get back to the bashing:

I HATE it when people say this.    It is disingenuous mixed with a side of virtue signaling (look at me - I am just about the "science").    The definition of "political" is;  "relating to the government or the public affairs of a country".    I can think of nothing more "political" than CV19.    The societal impacts of the decisions made on how to react to CV19 have had immediate significant impacts on our country and will have far ranging and long term implications down the road.   

People who say this show me that they have a fundamental misunderstanding of one of the most serious issues of our time.   They treat CV19 as strictly a medical and scientific question.   And because of that most of what they think and want to do downstream of that is wrong and misguided.   My belief is many of the mistakes we made with CV19 is because people failed to recognize that  govt has to make risk/reward decisions.    That we didn't recognize the point where the scientific and medical input was one of the inputs and considerations, but not the only one.    We could save 100's of thousands of lives if we reduced the speed limit to 10MPH nationwide, but we don't.   We could save 10's of thousands of lives if we made gun crimes punishable by life imprisonment, we haven't.   

We haven't even been able to define what our goals are for CV19 because we refuse to acknowledge that CV19 is a political question.   Are we chasing 0 CV19 deaths?    1000 per month?   What are we working towards and how will we know when we get there?    If you acknowledge that CV19 is a political issue then you have to answer that question.     

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Now that I've thrown a few kind words your way, let's get back to the bashing:

I HATE it when people say this.    It is disingenuous mixed with a side of virtue signaling (look at me - I am just about the "science").    The definition of "political" is;  "relating to the government or the public affairs of a country".    I can think of nothing more "political" than CV19.    The societal impacts of the decisions made on how to react to CV19 have had immediate significant impacts on our country and will have far ranging and long term implications down the road.   

People who say this show me that they have a fundamental misunderstanding of one of the most serious issues of our time.   They treat CV19 as strictly a medical and scientific question.   And because of that most of what they think and want to do downstream of that is wrong and misguided.   My belief is many of the mistakes we made with CV19 is because people failed to recognize that  govt has to make risk/reward decisions.    That we didn't recognize the point where the scientific and medical input was one of the inputs and considerations, but not the only one.    We could save 100's of thousands of lives if we reduced the speed limit to 10MPH nationwide, but we don't.   We could save 10's of thousands of lives if we made gun crimes punishable by life imprisonment, we haven't.   

We haven't even been able to define what our goals are for CV19 because we refuse to acknowledge that CV19 is a political question.   Are we chasing 0 CV19 deaths?    1000 per month?   What are we working towards and how will we know when we get there?    If you acknowledge that CV19 is a political issue then you have to answer that question.     

Fair enough.  How about it shouldn’t be a partisan issue?

23 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Did I log into the right place this morning?  Or is this some alternate universe where people are nice to Tim?  :unsure: 

Honestly I'm glad to see it.  I've said as much in the past so I'm glad that others agree that he is a solid contributor.  Hope you stay around @TimHauckand contribute in other areas as well.  :cheers: 

Now do me!!!

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Fair enough.  How about it shouldn’t be a partisan issue?

Meh.   "Partisan" is such a squishy word that is largely used to just say; "the stuff someone else is for that I am against".    It's probably in the same category as "racism" in that it's been so serially abused and mis-applied that it's almost lost all meaning.      

It is truly sad what this place has become.  We need more people like Tim. Way too many Trumpkins here.

Personally,  I believe he is a paid by the CDC to post here.  😷