Djgb13

Are we edging closer to those dystopian books?

Books like The Hunger Games or Divergent, minus the forced arena killing, are starting to look more and more like it could be happening here in America within the next 100 years if that. Rewatching them you will notice ALOT of similarities to today’s America. Which is why I believe they’re trying so hard to get rid of our guns. Used to think “oh there’s no way this will ever happen”. Now? I see it as the end game of those in power. Never thought I would ever think this yet here we are 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

No.

Please expand. Cause I can easily point out a lot of similarities to them and how they’re almost identical to the road taken in these books/movies 

• Confused 1

I wish we would do something similar to The Purge movies. Every leap year on Feb. 29, we eliminate the bottom 1% of society. 

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Please expand. Cause I can easily point out a lot of similarities to them and how they’re almost identical to the road taken in these books/movies 

People are better off than they have ever been, poor people in the United States have more food available than at any point in history compared to poor people in the past, not to mention they walk around with a super computer in their pocket.

The media plays up race and rioting, but that is nothing compared to historical United States,  Tulane race massacre all the way to the more recent LA Rodney king riots. 

The media talks up issues, but that is only because the media is on 24/7.

There is more educational opportunity.

Middle class gets more time off than ever in history.

Etc etc.

There has never been a better time to be an American citizen. 

12 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

People are better off than they have ever been, poor people in the United States have more food available than at any point in history compared to poor people in the past, not to mention they walk around with a super computer in their pocket.

The media plays up race and rioting, but that is nothing compared to historical United States,  Tulane race massacre all the way to the more recent LA Rodney king riots. 

The media talks up issues, but that is only because the media is on 24/7.

Middle class gets more time off than ever in history.

Etc etc.

I’m seeing more and more of “if you don’t listen to what we tell you to do we will force you”. I’ll expand more on it later cause right now I’m literally taking a deuce which is one of the few breaks I have since I have 3 exams Monday, 1 Wednesday, and one this Sunday night. I’m sure there are others here that can expand on it as well. But I see your points and do agree that right now, things are good. However, the more time passes by the more I see the ones in power trying to get more power and oppress people who don’t agree with them. Because this whole thing with Biden saying “we’ve had enough. If you don’t want to comply we will force you” should scare you. The whole “you have the freedom to not take the vaccine but businesses have a right to not employ you/let you shop there” is an EXTREME overreach. They’re basically telling you if you don’t get the vaccine you are going to die, and not from covid. Cause you won’t be able to get a job, you won’t be able to grocery shop for your family, you can’t go to laundry mats to clean your clothes to keep the germs off them, etc. You also have them encouraging people to turn on others and “report them”. An app is being implemented in Australia that if you are unvaccinated it forces you to upload a picture of you with your location and if you aren’t home you’re taken to jail or if you don’t upload one in the small timeframe they give you then cops will show up to do a “wellness check”. They want to take our guns away and are doing their best to do so. You really think it’s “for the safety of American citizens”? No, it’s not. It’s a power grab. One that will keep you from being able to defend yourself.  It’s a slippery slope. You give them an inch and they WILL take a mile. Too many things going on nowadays that leads to them having total control. Now, it won’t happen (at least in america) right away cause people here are too stubborn and don’t trust the government. After working for the government I don’t trust them either. 

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m seeing more and more of “if you don’t listen to what we tell you to do we will force you”. I’ll expand more on it later cause right now I’m literally taking a deuce which is one of the few breaks I have since I have 3 exams Monday, 1 Wednesday, and one this Sunday night. I’m sure there are others here that can expand on it as well. But I see your points and do agree that right now, things are good. However, the more time passes by the more I see the ones in power trying to get more power and oppress people who don’t agree with them. Because this whole thing with Biden saying “we’ve had enough. If you don’t want to comply we will force you” should scare you. The whole “you have the freedom to not take the vaccine but businesses have a right to not employ you/let you shop there” is an EXTREME overreach. They’re basically telling you if you don’t get the vaccine you are going to die, and not from covid. Cause you won’t be able to get a job, you won’t be able to grocery shop for your family, you can’t go to laundry mats to clean your clothes to keep the germs off them, etc. You also have them encouraging people to turn on others and “report them”. An app is being implemented in Australia that if you are unvaccinated it forces you to upload a picture of you with your location and if you aren’t home you’re taken to jail or if you don’t upload one in the small timeframe they give you then cops will show up to do a “wellness check”. They want to take our guns away and are doing their best to do so. You really think it’s “for the safety of American citizens”? No, it’s not. It’s a power grab. One that will keep you from being able to defend yourself.  It’s a slippery slope. You give them an inch and they WILL take a mile. Too many things going on nowadays that leads to them having total control. Now, it won’t happen (at least in america) right away cause people here are too stubborn and don’t trust the government. After working for the government I don’t trust them either. 

The United States mandating vaccines is nothing new. 

Timeline Entry: 2/20/1905

U.S. Supreme Court Addresses Vaccination

The U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts upheld the constitutionality of mandatory smallpox vaccination programs to preserve the public health.

I'm edging closer. Thanks to all your mom's.  :banana:

We are a ways from Hunger Games and Divergent, but we are seeing the beginnings of Harrison Bergeron regarding equity, and 1984 regarding message control.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We are a ways from Hunger Games and Divergent, but we are seeing the beginnings of Harrison Bergeron regarding equity, and 1984 regarding message control.

I would argue the opposite as far as message control. The United States has absolutely no control on what people believe, if they did you would not have the sandy hook conspiracy theory. There are so many crazy media outlets that have an audience. 

We could not be farther from 1984, China on the other hand...

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

The United States mandating vaccines is nothing new. 

Timeline Entry: 2/20/1905

U.S. Supreme Court Addresses Vaccination

The U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Jacobson v. Massachusetts upheld the constitutionality of mandatory smallpox vaccination programs to preserve the public health.

Yea but there’s a diff between mandating a vaccine for jobs like healthcare where you SHOULD have it. And saying “oh you can’t get any job, you can’t buy food, you can’t go out in public places, etc unless you comply”. THAT is what people are upset about and saying they’re forcing it. 

24 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I would argue the opposite as far as message control. The United States has absolutely no control on what people believe, if they did you would not have the sandy hook conspiracy theory. There are so many crazy media outlets that have an audience. 

We have people who believe 80 million people voted for this disgrace of a POTUS. 

Message control is stronger than you think. 

17 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Yea but there’s a diff between mandating a vaccine for jobs like healthcare where you SHOULD have it. And saying “oh you can’t get any job, you can’t buy food, you can’t go out in public places, etc unless you comply”. THAT is what people are upset about and saying they’re forcing it. 

But that is what supreme court decided in 1905. They ruled that Massachusetts could force every adult over the age of 21 to be vaccinated.

This is nothing new and is very consistent with historical United States.

20 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

But that is what supreme court decided in 1905. They ruled that Massachusetts could force every adult over the age of 21 to be vaccinated.

This is nothing new and is very consistent with historical United States.

And I don’t agree with that. People where I live don’t agree with that either. Even the doctors at the med school I’m at don’t agree with forcing vaccines on people. They encourage it yes. I encourage others to get it. I got it. But forcing ppl to get it just so they can live is BS. Which is why they’re getting so much pushback. Also, this is the first step of them forcing people to comply with what they say. It’s the easiest way to get people that are part of their political party to go along with them. Later, you’ll see them Force something else and then you’ll have this argument about the covid vaccine as justification 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Yea that’s a much better analogy. Hunger Games just was on tv at the time and made me think “damn we are getting close to this” 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Perhaps not control, but influence, yes.  Admittedly this is from a complicit/cooperative liberal media and not explicitly the government.  Yes a person is free to read whatever moonbat site they want, but for the 80-90% that just go about their lives in the middle, they tend to believe the "fact checkers" and the twitter blue hair errrr... blue check experts.

The scary theme global elites focus on is overpopulation. 

1. Support abortion.

2. Support birth control. 

3. People using too many resources.  

4. Too many people on the planet at one time causes climate change. 

5. Most of the world is fly over country except the elites little isolated havens. 

6. Destroy religion because it teaches people are more than animals, instead teach that animals and people are worth the same. 

The general attitude, the complete lack of respect for human life, just gives me the creeps.  It doesn't feel like we are headed for a dystopia as much as we are heading for a time where the elites automate everything to the point where the bottom 99% can be killed off as they mean nothing to the lives of the elites. I mean, the society of the hunger games makes no sense in an automated world -- they'd kill off everyone in all districts and have a small village of a few thousand.  

No.  People need to stop reading into this crap so much and just enjoy their lives.  Stop watching the news.  Stop reading all the fear mongering on social media.  Live life and appreciate what we have.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No.  People need to stop reading into this crap so much and just enjoy their lives.  Stop watching the news.  Stop reading all the fear mongering on social media.  Live life and appreciate what we have.

- - europe, as Hitler was slow rolling a military buildup before blitzing the continent and then starting a genocide.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You can do both. Spend a healthy amount of time enjoying your life, but don't completely ignore the issues in our country.

• Thanks 1

Just now, easilyscan said:

You can do both. Spend a healthy amount of time enjoying your life, but don't completely ignore the issues in our country.

I don't ignore but I don't obsess like some do.  There are even some people that want it to happen.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't ignore but I don't obsess like some do.  There are even some people that want it to happen.

Great so you are probably going to be one of those people that go "anyone that cares more than I do is obsessing, and anyone that cares less than me is ignoring the problem"

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

Great so you are probably going to be one of those people that go "anyone that cares more than I do is obsessing, and anyone that cares less than me is ignoring the problem"

Did I specifically name anyone that obsesses with it?  Relax, Francis.

On 9/11/2021 at 5:35 PM, MTSkiBum said:

All made possible by 'this'

https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME3KGUR

Worse yet, if you count the unfunded liabilities from Social Security & Medicare, it's at least 2.5 times that figure.

If 'this' never matters (think MMT modern monetary theory) we'll be fine.

If there comes a time when 'this' has to be seriously addressed , look out below.

48 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

All made possible by 'this'

https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME3KGUR

Worse yet, if you count the unfunded liabilities from Social Security & Medicare, it's at least 2.5 times that figure.

If 'this' never matters (think MMT modern monetary theory) we'll be fine.

If there comes a time when 'this' has to be seriously addressed , look out below.

That debt of $20 trillion is pennies. 

The total value of all oil under federally-held land is $150 trillion were it actually pumped out.  And the government CAN just claim resources for itself if warranted.  The total value of the US is many quadrillions when accounting for oil, coal, shale, gems, precious metals, wood, water, farmable land, etc.  It won't hurt us a bit.  What MIGHT hurt us is if the US actually got smart enough to understand how much it is worth and then ran up the debt to a quadrillion dollars.  And I wouldn't put it past them.  But currently the debt is nothing.

And then of course they could move to a gun-backed dollar.  Basically arguing the US is worth the debt because we have guns (or nukes, etc) to back it up.

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

- - europe, as Hitler was slow rolling a military buildup before blitzing the continent and then starting a genocide.  

Really?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Really?

Every major war is met with major skepticism / cant happen here mentality.  When the civil war broke out and actual armies were meeting up and fighting, the conventional wisdom was that it might last 6 months at most.  It wasn't until we were deep into the civil war that people started to say "Hey! This is actually a really real war here!"  I expect that to repeat in a second civil war.  The first attacks will be seen as minor skirmishes but nothing big.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

That debt of $20 trillion is pennies. 

The total value of all oil under federally-held land is $150 trillion were it actually pumped out.  And the government CAN just claim resources for itself if warranted.  The total value of the US is many quadrillions when accounting for oil, coal, shale, gems, precious metals, wood, water, farmable land, etc.  It won't hurt us a bit.  What MIGHT hurt us is if the US actually got smart enough to understand how much it is worth and then ran up the debt to a quadrillion dollars.  And I wouldn't put it past them.  But currently the debt is nothing.

And then of course they could move to a gun-backed dollar.  Basically arguing the US is worth the debt because we have guns (or nukes, etc) to back it up.

The debt isn't 20 trillion, but I'm not here to debate/argue. I don't agree with your theory, but I find it interesting.

Would love to go over specific parts of your theory, but alas, no more time tonight. 

Hopefully the subject will come up again when I have more time.

Regards

14 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Did I specifically name anyone that obsesses with it?  Relax, Francis.

I believe you meant “lighten up”

I like to be edged

8 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Every major war is met with major skepticism / cant happen here mentality.  When the civil war broke out and actual armies were meeting up and fighting, the conventional wisdom was that it might last 6 months at most.  It wasn't until we were deep into the civil war that people started to say "Hey! This is actually a really real war here!"  I expect that to repeat in a second civil war.  The first attacks will be seen as minor skirmishes but nothing big.

You guys crack me up.

In the past 15-20 years our government has declared the right to spy on your phone calls and online communications and indefinitely imprison, torture, and in cases murder it’s own citizens etc. Almost nobody complains.

Today the gov’t encourages you to wear a mask during a pandemic and it’s LiTerAly hItLer! 😱 

• Sad 1

I would like to see the world turn into Lord of the Rings. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

You guys crack me up.

In the past 15-20 years our government has declared the right to spy on your phone calls and online communications and indefinitely imprison, torture, and in cases murder it’s own citizens etc. Almost nobody complains.

Today the gov’t encourages you to wear a mask during a pandemic and it’s LiTerAly hItLer! 😱 

Obummer!!! :mad:

5 hours ago, MDC said:

You guys crack me up.

LOL there's nothing in the OP about masks.  YOU brought that up, buddy.

Also, it certainly feels like all of our rights are gone.  Emotional outbursts from the left now trump our rights.

26 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

LOL there's nothing in the OP about masks.  YOU brought that up, buddy.

Also, it certainly feels like all of our rights are gone.  Emotional outbursts from the left now trump our rights.

Funny how warrantless wiretapping, indefinite detention and enhanced interrogation techniques didn’t set your Hitler spidery sense off but this moment in time did. 

:doh: 

• Sad 1