Cdub100

The coming nurse shortage AKA hospitals overwhelmed

I'm not sure how many nurses are refusing to take the jab but from what I'm reading it's a lot. Maybe 30-40%.

Major health systems are requiring their staff to be vaxed by Nov 1st. How many nurses will get vaxed and how many will allow themselves to be fired will be interesting.

You can expect the media to report it as the hospitals being overwhelmed. While not mentioning anything about the the true cause of lack of staff 

• Sad 1

Most nurses vaccinated, support mandates: 8 ANA survey findings

About 88 percent of surveyed U.S. nurses are vaccinated against COVID-19, or plan to be vaccinated, according to survey findings from the American Nurses Association published Aug. 18. 

The findings are based on responses from 4,912 U.S. nurses. The survey was administered between July 6-30, 2021. 

Seven more survey findings: 

1. Nearly 59 percent of respondents said they support vaccine mandates put in place by employers. 

2. Eighty-four percent of nurses said they would get a booster dose if recommended. 

3. About 81 percent of respondents said they are comfortable or very comfortable recommending the vaccine. 

4. Almost 66 percent of nurses who responded said FDA approval would not change their current stance on the vaccines. 

5. Fifty-eight percent of respondents said they have ongoing questions regarding immunity and how long vaccine effectiveness lasts. Questions about whether additional boosters will be needed was the second most-selected response. 

6. Among those who were not vaccinated, 84 percent selected "Not enough information about long-term effects of the vaccine" as a reason why. 

7. Sixty-six percent of respondents said they feel they are getting enough information about the vaccines. 

• Haha 1

This is serious. I would like to help.

There’s a shortage of nurses coming? 

:banana:

88% of nurses are vaxed or plan to be vaxxed. That's a useless stat. That could include nurses who plan to be vaxed not until 2025 once enough data is available to make them feel ok with it.  Or if the data is bad they never will.  Do you even read what you post honcho? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

88% of nurses are vaxed or plan to be vaxxed. That's a useless stat. That could include nurses who plan to be vaxed not until 2025 once enough data is available to make them feel ok with it.  Or if the data is bad they never will.  Do you even read what you post honcho? 

Not to mention almost half of the nurses in the study were over 55...well into the age group of seriously considering the vax.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Right, that survey is embarrassingly bad. Not surprised who posted it.

4 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

You can expect the media to report it as the hospitals being overwhelmed. While not mentioning anything about the the true cause of lack of staff 

Possibly, but it will also depend on the stats, especially now that we have the current wave to compare to.  If hospitalizations/deaths are way down from where we are now, then gonna be tough to make the claim that it's due to covid.   As alluded to in the general thread, they may get overwhelmed due to flu once we get into the winter, but it won't be reflected in the covid numbers, since the tests are and have always been different.

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

That's a useless stat, but no questions for Cdub's claim maybe 40% of nurses aren't going to get the vaccine.  :lol:

• Like 1

No one should be forced to take the vaccine.

Whatever the % of unvaccinated nurses is, as long as they agree to be tested weekly, I see no reason to force them to take something they don't believe in.

This is going to get ugly. 

Thanks China

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

Thanks China

This.  This and 'bow-howdy' this.  Problem is that the 'China' part of this is and will (currently) always be a mystery ...

7 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

That's a useless stat, but no questions for Cdub's claim maybe 40% of nurses aren't going to get the vaccine.  :lol:

It's as relevant as the other. I saw one newspaper reported 88% were vaxxed. :lol:  No one really knows the number, do they?

7 hours ago, easilyscan said:

No one should be forced to take the vaccine.

Whatever the % of unvaccinated nurses is, as long as they agree to be tested weekly, I see no reason to force them to take something they don't believe in.

Thanks China

They have worked for 2 years,  but NOW, is the time for them to agree to get vaxxed and/ or tested. :lol:. They ain't the problem.

7 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

They have worked for 2 years,  but NOW, is the time for them to agree to get vaxxed and/ or tested. :lol:. They ain't the problem.

Yup

Maybe if you weren't so useless in the sack they would come more often.

33 minutes ago, edjr said:

Maybe if you weren't so useless in the sack they would come more often.

So long as I get mine, what do I care?

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

yup imagine some of these people on the front lines for 2 years now...almost a year when there was NO vaccine at all....NOW being forced to get it.

fubar!

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

That woman is just a disgusting psychotic POS. 

Worse than Cuomo? :shocking:

48 minutes ago, DonS said:

Worse than Cuomo? :shocking:

Yes. cuomo should be thrown in prison to rot for life. That chick needs to be put down immediately.

Can someone explain to me how a governor can create an emergency (firing medical staff) In order to use emergency powers (call up the national guard to be doctors and nurses) to replace the fired people?

Does nobody else see dictator sh1t right here?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Can someone explain to me how a governor can create an emergency (firing medical staff) In order to use emergency powers (call up the national guard to be doctors and nurses) to replace the fired people?

Does nobody else see dictator sh1t right here?

It is fascist B.S. agreed.

These 10% (or whatever % it is) were considered heros last year, now they are unemployed.  

Just so I'm clear.  If a person had Covid in the past, but not vaccinated, are they still let go?   If so that is retarded.  

Just now, KSB2424 said:

It is fascist B.S. agreed.

These 10% (or whatever % it is) were considered heros last year, now they are unemployed.  

Just so I'm clear.  If a person had Covid in the past, but not vaccinated, are they still let go?   If so that is retarded.  

Correct.

Anyone who works in the health industry and refuses the vaccine, unless they have a health issue that prevents them from doing so, doesn't belong in the health industry, and any future shortage is on them. 

17 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Anyone who works in the health industry and refuses the vaccine, unless they have a health issue that prevents them from doing so, doesn't belong in the health industry, and any future shortage is on them. 

What if they've already had covid or have tested positive for antibodies?  Which *at least* is close to, or the same as getting the vaccine.  

Honest question.

I suspect that the will be some small number of medical professionals who decline, and as we have been told time and again by our leftist friends small numbers mean nothing; unless you can swing the action like a broadsword for political gain of course.

I think the problem is that those ranks are already stretched thin, and therefore ANY reduction in staff has a disproportionate impact on services delivery. That industry is already struggling, resulting in some impressive hourly wages by the way

8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I naturally read that in a robot voice.  It works so well with your posts.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Even though they were Frontline and saved thousands pre vaccine and risked their lives while you were hiding under your bed. They worked 100 hour weeks while you were getting kicked off message boards.  What a complete loser you are. Signed up again to troll on an anonymous message board. Sad stuff.

• Thanks 1

Dems abandon everyone.  

Healthcare workers are heros one minute.  Not good enough and trashed the next.

We will get everyone out of Afghanistan!. No they didn't and they got service members killed for no real reason in the process.

BLM! You will be heard!  Wins the white house.  BLM is discarded like stained underpants.  

There may be more.

8 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

What if they've already had covid or have tested positive for antibodies?  Which *at least* is close to, or the same as getting the vaccine.  

Honest question.

I’ve said I think that should count.  I’m curious how many of the refusers that that’s actually the reason.

Just now, TimHauck said:

I’ve said I think that should count.  I’m curious how many of the refusers that that’s actually the reason.

Wouldn't you say it is quite laughable that thr "science people" do not use this "science"? That it isnt or hasn't even been a thing? You know....besides in dumb uneducated Arkansas?  

Maybe Arkansas is the mecca of science?