Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Patriots would have won if Cam Newton was the QB

Last time the Patriots lost at home when letting up 17 was 2006 :wall:

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

The 1st time Tom Brady completed better than 74.4% of his passes in a game, he was 25.  Jones is 23.  :dunno:

Too bad only 1 of those 75% was in the Red Zone  - 1 of 4  :(

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Last time the Patriots lost at home when letting up 17 was 2006 :wall:

Why, he would have all of a sudden learned the playbook in the last 6 days?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Why, he would have all of a sudden learned the playbook in the last 6 days?

:huh:  

Look on the bright side.  We don't have to listen to you fockers talk about going undefeated this year.  :music_guitarred:

12 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Did you mean was Miami's QB? 

Patriots are 1 and 0 if anyone not named Mack Jones is the starting QB yesterday

Last I checked Tua was the winning QB

Mack should not have started till midseason 

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

Patriots are 1 and 0 if anyone not named Mack Jones is the starting QB yesterday

Last I checked Tua was the winning QB

Mack should not have started till midseason 

Didn't watch. But looks like the playcalling in the redzone sucked. :dunno:

25 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Didn't watch. But looks like the playcalling in the redzone sucked. :dunno:

1st & 10 at MIA 14
(12:15 - 2nd) M.Jones pass incomplete short left. thrown away from outside the pocket

2nd & 10 at MIA 14
(11:59 - 2nd) D.Harris left tackle to MIA 1 for 13 yards (J.Baker, E.Rowe). PENALTY on NE-I.Wynn, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at MIA 14 - No Play.

2nd & 20 at MIA 24
(11:43 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Jones pass short right to J.Smith to MIA 18 for 6 yards (N.Needham).

3rd & 14 at MIA 18
(11:04 - 2nd) (Shotgun) M.Jones pass short left to J.Smith to MIA 11 for 7 yards (J.Holland). FUMBLES (J.Holland), recovered by NE-D.Andrews at MIA 9.

4th & 5 at MIA 9
(10:17 - 2nd) N.Folk 27 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Cardona, Holder-J.Bailey.

1st & 10 at MIA 26
(4:17 - 3rd) D.Harris left tackle to MIA 30 for -4 yards (Z.Sieler).

2nd & 14 at MIA 30
(3:38 - 3rd) (Shotgun) M.Jones pass short left to J.White to MIA 24 for 6 yards (J.Baker) [J.Phillips].

3rd & 8 at MIA 24
(2:59 - 3rd) (Shotgun) M.Jones pass incomplete short left to K.Bourne [S.Eguavoen].

4th & 8 at MIA 24
(2:50 - 3rd) N.Folk 42 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Cardona, Holder-J.Bailey.

1st & 10 at MIA 21
(11:48 - 4th) D.Harris up the middle to MIA 18 for 3 yards (J.Jenkins, S.Eguavoen).

2nd & 7 at MIA 18
(11:18 - 4th) D.Harris left end to MIA 15 for 3 yards (By.Jones).

3rd & 4 at MIA 15
(10:42 - 4th) M.Jones pass incomplete short right to J.Meyers.

4th & 4 at MIA 15
(10:36 - 4th) N.Folk 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Cardona, Holder-J.Bailey.

Looks like sMac Jones couldn't complete a 3rd down pass when it mattered 

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Patriots would be SB contenders with Brady.

Every team in the NFL would be, even the Lions

Way to go Belicheat. 

41 minutes ago, edjr said:

Looks like sMac Jones couldn't complete a 3rd down pass when it mattered 

Looks like they had 3 yard passes called on 3rd and 7.  Welcome to what the real world looks like, patsfag. 

23 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Looks like they had 3 yard passes called on 3rd and 7.  Welcome to what the real world looks like, patsfag. 

:lol:  and here I thought you knew football.  Sad.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Every team in the NFL would be, even the Lions

Way to go Belicheat. 

Woh woh woh woh

I am not a Brady hater and fully acknowledge he is the best of all time and how hes playing at age 44 is amazing.

But he can't move the ball against the Titans in the playoffs and leaves on a bad pick 6 and thr narrative was "look at that team he has no one!"  So he moves over to a team with 2 pro bowl WRs.  Grab an all time great as his 3rd WR.  Has a 1st round TE.  Brings his buddy the best TE of all time.  Very talented defense.  

And now he could turn any roster in the league into a SB contender.

Tell me you are kidding 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Woh woh woh woh

I am not a Brady hater and fully acknowledge he is the best of all time and how hes playing at age 44 is amazing.

But he can't move the ball against the Titans in the playoffs and leaves on a bad pick 6 and thr narrative was "look at that team he has no one!" 

How did Tom play the 2 minicamps in 2018 and 2019?    Oh right, he didn't show up to either of them, he sat home and whined and didn't give his all.  Guess what? He showed up for everything this preseason.  

Lets be real.  The Bucs are STACKED. Why else would they bring everyone back?  

Tell me another QB that would have won with TB last year?  No one thought they were going to win it all, no one.

19 minutes ago, edjr said:

How did Tom play the 2 minicamps in 2018 and 2019?    Oh right, he didn't show up to either of them, he sat home and whined and didn't give his all.  Guess what? He showed up for everything this preseason.  

Lets be real.  The Bucs are STACKED. Why else would they bring everyone back?  

Tell me another QB that would have won with TB last year?  No one thought they were going to win it all, no one.

I picked tampa to win it all on this forum in the middle of last season.  I broke down several teams and said tampa was my favorite.  

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

I picked tampa to win it all on this forum in the middle of last season.  I broke down several teams and said tampa was my favorite.  

How much did you bet on them? They were like 50 to 1 at one point

36 minutes ago, edjr said:

That's not true at all.  It's not even close.  Tons of people thought they were going to win and it's more than just Tampa fans.  After the Super Bowl in 2019, the Bucs were 150:1 to win in 2020.  When reports of Brady going to Tampa started circulating, the odds fell to 40:1.  After he signed, it was 12:1.  Takes a lot of people believing to make a team go from 150 to 12.

Cams legs may have won it. Better for the Pats that a rookie gets reps than winning because of a QB who can run to beat a bad team.