Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Worst NFL owner has to be Shahid Khan, right?

Who gives a college coach and Urban Meyer at that, 12 million per year ?

No, the worst owner in the NFL is me.  I own 1 share of Packer stock, I didn't go to this years owner's meeting and looked what happened yesterday. It's all my fault.  :( 

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

No, the worst owner in the NFL is me.  I own 1 share of Packer stock, I didn't go to this years owner's meeting and looked what happened yesterday. It's all my fault.  :( 

Yeah, you really focked us yesterday. :mad:

24 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Last year, the Saints beat Tampa in week 1, 38-3.  I can speak for most Tampa fans when I say, we're not upset with how the 2020 season went.

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Lions fans laughing.

Sorry, even they aren't dumb enough to give a college coach 12 million per

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

How about giving full control of an organization to a color commentator?

20 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

How about giving full control of an organization to a color commentator?

That was many years ago, clearly the daughter is smarter than the father? :d

1 hour ago, edjr said:

The bears did hire that dude from the Canadian league

10 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

The bears did hire that dude from the Canadian league

and trade up for Trubisky :lol: 

• Haha 1

I don’t have a favorite team now, but when I was a kid, I loved the Cleveland Browns. I’m glad that sonofabitch, Art Model is dead and hope it was painful. Took my favorite team from me and they go on won 2 Super Bowls wearing purple uniforms. Dumbest owner ever must go to the guy that fired Bill Belichick 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Giving Matt Millen a dollar is worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjr said:

That was many years ago, clearly the daughter is smarter than the father? :d

Still nothing to show for it. Last NFC North title? Oh that's right they don't have one.

Fords are by far the worst owners and the product on the field is a reflection of that.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Still nothing to show for it. Last NFC North title? Oh that's right they don't have one.

Fords are by far the worst owners and the product on the field is a reflection of that.

last 10 years they have 70 wins Jax has 56

1 minute ago, edjr said:

last 10 years they have 70 wins Jax has 56

I'm glad you brought them up. Did you know the Jags have more playoff wins than the Lions?

There are two types of owners

1.  Owners in it to win it.  Willing to take a risk on players and coaches if they think it's a winning move.  You want to hire a prolific winning college coach to take a shot a greatness in the face of public criticism?  Do it.  Screw the haters. 

2.  Owners in it to make money and protect their investment.  They are ok with losig as long as the coach, management, etc are a nice guy.  Will fire winners if there is controversy. 

Khan is type 1.  Best type of owner to get. He is taking risks to win.  He cares about winning. 

Jimmy haslam is type 2.  John dorsey comes in and completely stacks the roster in 2 seasons with an immense amount of talent.  But dorsey rubs people the wrong way.  So haslam fires him for a nice guy yes man in Andrew berry who blows his first first-round on a left tackle bust.  Browns are probably headed right back down into bottom feeder territory. But it's ok to haslam as he wants nice guys and doesn't care about winning. 

I can't fault khan at all.   It may not work out, but his decisions are the type of decisions an owner makes when he genuinely cares about the team, about football, and about winning.  He wants it bad.  

14 hours ago, edjr said:

One spot to a team that wasn't going to take a QB in a draft with DeShaun Watson and Mahomes.  That's like next level stupid in any aspect of life.

It all depends on where you set the bar.    If it's "win games and get results", then Bob Kraft gets high marks. 

If we set the bar at; "if you are a billionaire, you shouldn't be getting caught getting a hand dougie from an Asian lady in a strip mall massage parlor.   Just dump $50K on some insta-ho and get it the old fashioned way that nobody can video tape or catch you at",  then Bob Kraft sucks as an owner.  

See, it's all just about the perspective from which you view it.   

I would say based on how Kraft picked Belicheat over Brady, he could be in the running

19 hours ago, edjr said:

Yeah. A lot of things look bad after the fact. I think the Bears screwed up more in how they handled the guy. Lots of talent, very raw. Give him one coaching staff in year one, then switch it the next year and you are not starting him off on the right path. If Allen goes down at any point this year, it will be interesting to see what Trubisky looks like on the Bills. 

I was listening to ex players, coaches, GMs and such on NFL radio over time and they all seem to remember it that Trubisky was liked by a lot of teams. And most teams put him above Mahomes and Watson. There were a lot of open questions on Mahomes at the time. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. A lot of things look bad after the fact. I think the Bears screwed up more in how they handled the guy. Lots of talent, very raw. Give him one coaching staff in year one, then switch it the next year and you are not starting him off on the right path. If Allen goes down at any point this year, it will be interesting to see what Trubisky looks like on the Bills. 

I was listening to ex players, coaches, GMs and such on NFL radio over time and they all seem to remember it that Trubisky was liked by a lot of teams. And most teams put him above Mahomes and Watson. There were a lot of open questions on Mahomes at the time. 

Agreed.  if Tom Brady went to 31 other teams, he likely would have never been heard from. An injury was needed for him to even play.

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Agreed.  if Tom Brady went to 31 other teams, he likely would have never been heard from. An injury was needed for him to even play.

That's why the NFL is so fun. There is so much behind the success and failure of individuals and teams, there's always something to speculate on. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

That's why the NFL is so fun. There is so much behind the success and failure of individuals and teams, there's always something to speculate on. 

I have been saying since 1995, if the Patriots take Mirer over Bledsoe, Mirer would have been a solid NFL QB and Bledsoe would have been a stiff.

6 hours ago, edjr said:

I don't believe that. You are talking about Belichick.  He benched starting QB and beloved hometown hero Bernie Kosar and named Todd Philcox the starter.

6 hours ago, edjr said:

Bledsoe sucked that season before Mo Lewis took him out.    Kinda sucked the season before too (17 TDs & 13 INTs, played all 16 games.  77 passer rating = meh).   Wasn't really any good the season before that too (threw more picks than TDs that season).      Belichick was gonna go to Brady anyway.      Just like Justincharge said - He benched Bernie Kosar in Cleveland.     You think he would have been afraid to bench Bledsoe?    

14 hours ago, Masshole said:

Bledsoe sucked that season before Mo Lewis took him out.    Kinda sucked the season before too (17 TDs & 13 INTs, played all 16 games.  77 passer rating = meh).   Wasn't really any good the season before that too (threw more picks than TDs that season).      Belichick was gonna go to Brady anyway.      Just like Justincharge said - He benched Bernie Kosar in Cleveland.     You think he would have been afraid to bench Bledsoe?    

Mar 8, 2001 — New England Patriot quarterback Drew Bledsoe signed the biggest contract in NFL history Wednesday, agreeing to a 10-year, $103-million deal ..

Bruh. Are you even a real fan?

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-xpm-2001-03-08-0103082886-story.html

40 minutes ago, edjr said:

Yes.  Attended or watched almost every game they've played since the 80s (except during the dreadful blackout years when they weren't on TV because they couldn't sell out.  But those were the years when I went to a lot of games).  

So just because he got a big contract that means he was good?   Really?    Jamarcus Russell may have something to say about that.    Jeff Garcia to the Browns might chip in.  Elvis Grbac to the Ravens might send a text.   Matt Flynn to the Seahawks is going to call in.  

I've never really understood the Squeaky Fromme like devotion some Pats fans have for Bledsoe.    He was a good QB who did some good things for the team at a time when they really needed it.   I will always respect him for that and have a warm place in my heart for him because of that.    But he lost it and sucked for his last 2.1 yrs in New England and wasn't very good thereafter, with his 1st season with the Bills being his best.   But even that team finished just 8-8.    He threw way too many picks and had, whether it's bad luck or bad execution, a remarkable tendency to throw some of those picks at the absolute worst times.   Just game killing, chances of getting a win killing, interceptions, turnovers, and sacks.   

1 minute ago, Masshole said:

Yes.  Attended or watched almost every game they've played since the 80s (except during the dreadful blackout years when they weren't on TV because they couldn't sell out.  But those were the years when I went to a lot of games).  

So just because he got a big contract that means he was good?   Really?    Jamarcus Russell may have something to say about that.    Jeff Garcia to the Browns might chip in.  Elvis Grbac to the Ravens might send a text.   Matt Flynn to the Seahawks is going to call in.  

I've never really understood the Squeaky Fromme like devotion some Pats fans have for Bledsoe.    He was a good QB who did some good things for the team at a time when they really needed it.   I will always respect him for that and have a warm place in my heart for him because of that.    But he lost it and sucked for his last 2.1 yrs in New England and wasn't very good thereafter, with his 1st season with the Bills being his best.   But even that team finished just 8-8.    He threw way too many picks and had, whether it's bad luck or bad execution, a remarkable tendency to throw some of those picks at the absolute worst times.   Just game killing, chances of getting a win killing, interceptions, turnovers, and sacks.   

BIGGEST CONTACT IN NFL HISTORY.  Yeah, he was well on his way to the bench that year. 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

BIGGEST CONTACT IN NFL HISTORY.  Yeah, he was well on his way to the bench that year. 

Yes.  The Bills ,management was known for their great decision making in those days.    Definitely a barometer of Bledsoe's talent and not the Bills being desperate for a QB and not a well managed operation in those days.     If all you got is "the biggest contract!!!", then you haven't swayed me at all.     And yes, I 100% believe that if Mo Lewis hadn't taken him out, Bledsoe would have been benched that season.   Probably within a game or two of when he got knocked out.     Come on, you're questioning me on my Pats fandom, and you can't/don't see that Belichick doesn't play players who turnover the ball, especially at QB?   Have you been in a coma for the last 20+ yrs?   And he allowed Bledsoe to go to an AFC East team.   He didn't seem to be too worried about facing him twice a year.     

8 minutes ago, Masshole said:

And yes, I 100% believe that if Mo Lewis hadn't taken him out, Bledsoe would have been benched that season.   

:lol:    we are done.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:16 AM, Cdub100 said:

I'm glad you brought them up. Did you know the Jags have more playoff wins than the Lions?

I se you're not counting the 1950s.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:16 PM, Cdub100 said:

That is AMAZING! since when has anyone cared about playoff wins, The Bills fans? Who has more Super Bowl wins or even appearances? 

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I se you're not counting the 1950s.

Anything before the merger doesn't count. It's like Michigan fans talking about all the championships they had well over a hundred years ago. Fact is in the modern era the lions have a worse performance than the two latest expansion teams.

Just now, edjr said:

That is AMAZING! since when has anyone cared about playoff wins, The Bills fans? Who has more Super Bowl wins or even appearances? 

Okay what measurement do you want to use? Conference titles? Superbowls? 

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Okay what measurement do you want to use? Conference titles? Superbowls? 

Any teams have banners hanging up for playoff wins.

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Any teams have banners hanging up for playoff wins.

Maybe, I don't know. Like it or not playoff wins are a measurement of success. You're playing the other best teams in the league. Like I said if you don't like that what do you want to use? division titles?

Lions suck dude by any measurement. I don't think people realize just how bad they have been. Any other team would have folded or moved cities.