Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Ravens at Raiders - MNF Discussion

32 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

There is the Bryan Edwards breakout party.

yeah he sure stepped up late in the game.   makes me wonder if this is the sign of things to come.   I thought the breakout might come From Ruggs, but Edwards might be the guy.

Just now, Ray_T said:

I thought the breakout might come From Ruggs, but Edwards might be the guy.

From everything the coaches and beat writers are saying, Edwards was going to lead the team in targets this year.  Right now they look like the Las Vegas Wallers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Ty'Son had another miscue, that is his 4th one tonight. That time he messed up the run option by holding on the ball that lamar wanted to keep.

Too bad as he looks the best runner there in Balt from what’s left.

2 hours ago, rallo said:

I saw that too, wish I had spent more on Lat Murray... smells like a committee, but they need some veteran talent...

looks like Murray got the call when the game was on the line.

I think this backfield will eventually be his.

no guarantee, but I feel like hes gonna have a bigger role next week.  what happens after that depends on how everyone plays.

Ty’son scored so he looks great but he also split with Murray and botched pass protection which directly led to the loss. Wouldn’t be surprised if Murray takes the lions share going forward.

I didn’t see the whole game but heard TW took a helmet to helmet hit. Wondering if most of his miscues were after that. Certainly had some nice chunk plays in the first half.

11 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Ty’son scored so he looks great but he also split with Murray and botched pass protection which directly led to the loss. Wouldn’t be surprised if Murray takes the lions share going forward.

He definitely started strong, but it looked like Murray started working in more and more as the game wore on and Ty made some mistakes.

And don’t forget they have Bell and Freeman hiding some where. 

Lol no way should one be involved in that situation. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

And don’t forget they have Bell and Freeman hiding some where. 

Lol no way should one be involved in that situation. 

maybe not, but some here likely have no choice.  with some of the injuries and if you were maybe a bit thin at the position in the first place, this may be the best you can do without paying a high price in trade.

Agree Ty'son made a few mistakes.  Young players do that.

thats why Murray got more play late in the game (I suspect)

its possible its a fatigue thing too.  he may not be used to the intensity of the play at the pro level yet. (remember this kid is still a rookie)

normally the team would have the luxury of teaching him and coaching him along, but thats not a luxury they have anymore.  He has to get up to speed quickly.

thats why there has been speculation of this being an immediate time share.   I'm sure the coaches will give him a shot to fix his mistakes, but if they keep happening, hes gonna lose playing time.

you cant get your QB killed due to missed blocking assignments and you cant botch plays.   not a luxury you have as a starter on a team that wants to contend for the championship.  If he cant cut it, he will be replaced.  Harsh I know, but thats the reality of the situation.  

They brought in the other RB's for a reason.   It is likely because they didnt know if the kid could get it done and even if he can, they need a veteran there whose presence can help the kid out too and who can step in if the Kid is struggling.

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

maybe not, but some here likely have no choice.  with some of the injuries and if you were maybe a bit thin at the position in the first place, this may be the best you can do without paying a high price in trade.

Agree Ty'son made a few mistakes.  Young players do that.

thats why Murray got more play late in the game (I suspect)

its possible its a fatigue thing too.  he may not be used to the intensity of the play at the pro level yet. (remember this kid is still a rookie)

normally the team would have the luxury of teaching him and coaching him along, but thats not a luxury they have anymore.  He has to get up to speed quickly.

thats why there has been speculation of this being an immediate time share.   I'm sure the coaches will give him a shot to fix his mistakes, but if they keep happening, hes gonna lose playing time.

you cant get your QB killed due to missed blocking assignments and you cant botch plays.   not a luxury you have as a starter on a team that wants to contend for the championship.  If he cant cut it, he will be replaced.  Harsh I know, but thats the reality of the situation.  

They brought in the other RB's for a reason.   It is likely because they didnt know if the kid could get it done and even if he can, they need a veteran there whose presence can help the kid out too and who can step in if the Kid is struggling.

Even with that said, no way do you want to be involved in that situation 

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Even with that said, no way do you want to be involved in that situation 

not if you can help it.  its ok if hes a depth player, but if you have to start the guy, your team is likely in trouble.

38 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

thats why there has been speculation of this being an immediate time share.

I don't know why it would be anything else, when it was a Jackson/Dobbins/Edwards/Hill time share to begin with.  The names are different, but the offensive game plan should remain the same--now it's a Jackson/Murray/Williams/Freeman time share.

true. 

Time share coaches tend to like time shares.

bellcow coaches like one RB to handle most or all of the work.

its reasonable to expect him to keep with the same philosophy

Are we just waiting on a report that Jacobs is dealing with turf toe any minute now? Keep hearing these rumors but nothing official out there.

21 hours ago, jrbdmb said:

Can’t wait to hear about teams that won and lost the week because of that last TD.

With Edwards? I lost because of it

5 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Are we just waiting on a report that Jacobs is dealing with turf toe any minute now? Keep hearing these rumors but nothing official out there.

because of the subpar performance?

he was  questionable to  play due to illness.   if u r looking for a reason, that is likely it.

Just now, Ray_T said:

because of the subpar performance?

he was  questionable to  play due to illness.   if u r looking for a reason, that is likely it.

No he was fine and scored twice, no one is disappointed there. I mean because he had a mysterious toe injury before the mystery illness was reported and some are speculating it could be turf toe. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

No he was fine and scored twice, no one is disappointed there. I mean because he had a mysterious toe injury before the mystery illness was reported and some are speculating it could be turf toe. 

could well be.   teams can be sneaky about  injury reporting these  days.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

he was fine and scored twice

He was fine BECAUSE he scored twice.  The 5.0 PPR points he earned aside from the 2 scores wouldn't have been so well received.

Ifs and buts...  So far, so good.

Ravens coach said, we have four Rbs, and we will use them all going forward.