Sign in to follow this  
Fearsome

Elijah Mitchell: Sell High?

With the unknowns around this committee, is now the time to sell high on Mitchell if you were able to get him off the wire? And, if so, what should you be expecting in return?

I'm guessing he's basically worth whatever you can get at this point.

If you can find a team that's RB hungry, which shouldn't be difficult, maybe you can get a flex WR or a QB streamer.

If you hold onto him for another week or so and he still plays well, his value will sky rocket

I would sell high too--whatever you can get.

Sermon won't be inactive every week, and they won't play Detroit every week.

I would wait. I don’t think you could get that much for him right now (WR3?). But if he plays well again you could get a lot more. Since I doubt getting something like a WR3 isn’t going to make your season, I would wait. 

the unknown is whether Trey would have got his chance to start if he were on the active roster.

he was listed as a healthy scratch for the game, but that isnt always an indication of where you are on the depth chart. 

Sometimes a healthy scratch means you are in the coaches doghouse for some reason.   sometimes it is because you have the same (or similar) skillset as the starter and the guy who is active has a different skillset the coach thinks they will need for the matchup.

either way, Mitchell has some value.  what we dont know is just how much.   He looked pretty good in the part of the game I saw him, so there may be value holding him.

what makes your decision is your roster.  do you need him?  if you are deep at RB maybe you unload him to shore up another position of need.

we dont have that info, so I cant help on that front, but it is worth noting the San Fran Team has a good run blocking system with a good line.  so whoever starts will probably produce.

not sure what else to say.  so I'll leave it at that.

I would shop, but I don’t think I would sale low. Mostert will return on eight weeks and two rush att and go out for the rest of the season. 

I think Mitchel is a good keep. 

I would trade him if someone is willing to buy him as the RB to own in SF, or in a 2 for 1 deal where I can use his current value to upgrade from a middling starter to a higher end starter. That being said, I think he has a shot being a decent depth RB that could have weekly flex value. I wouldn’t sell him for a WR 3 since those grow on trees and I’d rather have the depth at rb.

Mitchell is actually a pretty good runningback.  I wouldn't have put him on Sermon's level, but he grew up in the exact same system the 49ers run and he's blazing fast.  If Sermon has attitude problems which seems to be possible, it might be an equalizer.  This backfield is going to be a mess from a fantasy perspective.  

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the thoughts.

10 team standard. I am fortunate to be deep at RB. Mitchell is my RB5. I drafted RB heavy at the top (4 of first 5 picks). I have Cook, Mixon, Henderson, Hunt and Mitchell. Dropped Michael Carter to add Mitchell.

At WR I have AJ Brown, Godwin, Sutton, Golladay and Cooks. Pretty middle of the road and very questionable.

11 minutes ago, Fearsome said:

10 team standard. I am fortunate to be deep at RB. Mitchell is my RB5. I drafted RB heavy at the top (4 of first 5 picks). I have Cook, Mixon, Henderson, Hunt and Mitchell. Dropped Michael Carter to add Mitchell.

At WR I have AJ Brown, Godwin, Sutton, Golladay and Cooks. Pretty middle of the road and very questionable.

Given that roster I would hold.  For a 10 team you don't have great RB depth.  Mitchell could be a savior for your team.  I don't think you would get anyone for him that would be an upgrade at WR.

29 minutes ago, Fearsome said:

I just don’t think AJ Brown like I said this past offseason is going to produce like he has in the past nor do I think the Titans offense as a whole, I think I would still shop Mitchell for a wr and see what happens , but if you don’t, I think Mitchell with Mostert out is a good keep. 

Thanks for the thread , good luck. 

22 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Cooks is in for a big year👍

He does play the Jags once more this season. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

He does play the Jags once more this season. 

Houston could be playing from behind a lot this year, #1 option.....my money is on a big year.

3 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

I would trade him if someone is willing to buy him as the RB to own in SF, or in a 2 for 1 deal where I can use his current value to upgrade from a middling starter to a higher end starter. That being said, I think he has a shot being a decent depth RB that could have weekly flex value. I wouldn’t sell him for a WR 3 since those grow on trees and I’d rather have the depth at rb.

this.

WR3 is easy to find.   right now in both of my leagues there are a couple I consider to be WR3 calibre who are just sitting on the wire.

RB's who are starting are hard to replace.   so if selling make sure you are getting something that legitimately helps your team or fills an area of need.  dont just sell for the sake of selling.

2 hours ago, Fearsome said:

I like your WR.   Golladay is a WR3 with WR1 upside potential if things go right.

Cooks is in for a good year.  Team is bad.  they will be throwing a lot during garbage time and hes the #1 guy there. 

AJ and Godwin..... nothing wrong with those two.  I'd take them on my team anytime.

44 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Houston could be playing from behind a lot this year, #1 option.....my money is on a big year.

Last season in ppr with Watson at Qb , Cooks was a mid wr2 and he avg 15 points per game, do you think he’ll best that with an lesser player at Qb? Two games Vs the Jags last season he produced 37 ppr ff points.  

47 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Last season in ppr with Watson at Qb , Cooks was a mid wr2 and he avg 15 points per game, do you think he’ll best that with an lesser player at Qb? Two games Vs the Jags last season he produced 37 ppr ff points.  

If he was a WR2, why would he have to best last season to be a good player?

It’s a bad team that will be in garbage time time early and often most weeks. He should be hyper targeted in this offense, and will likely do what he always does, which out perform his adp and be a viable option most weeks. 7 targets last week, in one of the few games they’ll be leading. He could easily see double digit targets most weeks.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I think he has a good shot at it. Fuller is gone & stranger things have happened. He is the unquestioned WR1 on a team that will probably throw a lot to keep up.

I'm debating burning my number 1 priority on him. I was the second lowest scoring team but luckily played the lowest. My top 2 rbs are fine, but I have nothing after them.

If you owned Chase Edmonds, would you trade him for Mitchell? I'm trying to get Edmonds for Mitchell if I do pull the trigger and grab him off of waivers

3 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm debating burning my number 1 priority on him. I was the second lowest scoring team but luckily played the lowest. My top 2 rbs are fine, but I have nothing after them.

If you owned Chase Edmonds, would you trade him for Mitchell? I'm trying to get Edmonds for Mitchell if I do pull the trigger and grab him off of waivers

No I would not…

Damn. Odds are this won't work out, burning my priority... every time I do week 1 it never works out. Logic says that there is zero chance Shanahan abandons his rbbc philosophy just because his 6th round rookie had a nice day against a horrible D.

On the other hand Mostert was damn good 2 years ago popping long runs. Breida the year before. Mitchell doesn't need 20 carries a game to be good.....

23 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Mitchell doesn't need 20 carries a game to be good.....

Niners rbs you need about 10-12 a game for it pay off typically.

The primary requirement for being a SF RB is that you have to have rubber bands for knee ligaments.

4 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

It’s a bad team that will be in garbage time time early and often most weeks. He should be hyper targeted in this offense, and will likely do what he always does, which out perform his adp and be a viable option most weeks. 7 targets last week, in one of the few games they’ll be leading. He could easily see double digit targets most weeks.

When did I say he had to be more proud then last season to be a good player? 

I was asking another poster a question?  Did you need some help? 

3 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

I think he has a good shot at it. Fuller is gone & stranger things have happened. He is the unquestioned WR1 on a team that will probably throw a lot to keep up.

I find it very interesting that without the high profile Qb he avg 18.5 Vs the Jags last season, and he just did it this year with Taylor. 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Ask a question? Ppr? 

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

When did I say he had to be more proud then last season to be a good player? 

I was asking another poster a question?  Did you need some help? 

you questioned Cooks and his ability to be productive…no I have zero shares of him, but you seem to think bad teams can’t produce solid fantasy players.

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

you questioned Cooks and his ability to be productive…no I have zero shares of him, but you seem to think bad teams can’t produce solid fantasy players.

Not sure that is what he meant.

but.....

here is my thought.

Bad teams score less TD's.   if player A is on a Bad team, hes likely scoring less TD's than on a good team.

This is basic math.   if the defense is bad, the offense spends less time on the field and scores less as a result.

That being said, usually the #1 option still will get his numbers in an offense.  it is often the #2 and #3 options in an offense that suffer most.

But bad teams usually get good passing yardage in garbage time(trying to conserve the clock and easy yardage against prevent defenses).    and good teams get good yardage on the ground during garbage time(trying to kill the clock and preserve their lead)

so ideally you want WR's on a team with a good offense and a terrible defense.   or RB's on a winning team so you get those extra garbage time yards.

There are always exceptions to the rule if a player is good enough.  Sequon Barkley put up two very good years on a terrible Giants team prior to his injury.   So while I have my leanings, I make exceptions when and where it makes sense to do so.

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Me asking a question 

5 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

Getting an answer 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I find it very interesting that without the high profile Qb he avg 18.5 Vs the Jags last season, and he just did it this year with Taylor. 

Me giving out a thought. 

7 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

You taking it somewhere else 

2 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

I asked that poster if he thought without Watson if  Cooks could produce like last season. 

Now go to sleep. 

• Haha 1

Mitchell went for a $44 faab bid in my BML. Almost half, smh…

in one of my leagues an owner spent all his FAAB budget on him.

he was the Dobbins owner.  had two solid starters and no backups.  so arguably he really needed someone.

in my other more competitive league someone had the foresight to pick him up before Sunday morning.  so he got him for free.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

in one of my leagues an owner spent all his FAAB budget on him.

he was the Dobbins owner.  had two solid starters and no backups.  so arguably he really needed someone.

in my other more competitive league someone had the foresight to pick him up before Sunday morning.  so he got him for free.

I had the foresight to almost pick him up in a few leagues. Almost

Now the Niners pick up another rb.  Oh my soul.  

This is getting messy.  

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Now the Niners pick up another rb.  Oh my soul.  

This is getting messy.  

Are you talking about Kerryon?  If so, I wouldn't be concerned about him.  He already got cut by two teams this year right?  They just need someone who can take a handoff at this point. 

Although, I never understand why they don't sign people off of practice squads.  I don't get why they don't poach Trey Ragas from the Raiders.  He was Eli Mitchell's running mate and ran the exact same outside run scheme.  I guess Kerryon will at least be a good pass protector and won't just brain fart.

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

Are you talking about Kerryon?  If so, I wouldn't be concerned about him.  He already got cut by two teams this year right?  They just need someone who can take a handoff at this point. 

Although, I never understand why they don't sign people off of practice squads.  I don't get why they don't poach Trey Ragas from the Raiders.  He was Eli Mitchell's running mate and ran the exact same outside run scheme.  I guess Kerryon will at least be a good pass protector and won't just brain fart.

Prolly talking about Trent Cannon. SF claimed him too. Going to be a mess.

"Can you believe that one year I spent my entire budget on Elijah Mitchell???" Future fantasy lament.