Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Who here aside from myself could go a week without the news?

Watching, listening, reading.

I'm in.

Who else?

I promise you won't miss anything and nothing will be affected by your absence.  

Who else?

A full week starting next Monday.

I've been this way for a couple months now. I stil hit the local news for the weather, but after that I tune out. Covid, vaccine, mask. Rinse repeat.

I'm over it.

Define news? I go months, years

11 minutes ago, edjr said:

Define news? I go months, years

This.  I only care about the weather, which I can look up easily other ways.

54 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

This.  I only care about the weather, which I can look up easily other ways.

I haven’t watched TV news in almost 2 years. I follow some news sources on Twitter, but that’s about it. It’s scary, but I learn more about most current events here than other places. 

9 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I haven’t watched TV news in almost 2 years. I follow some news sources on Twitter, but that’s about it. It’s scary, but I learn more about most current events here than other places. 

Damn. I just learned about Norm McDonald from the thread about his death. 

2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

You mean actually watching the news? Never do. I get better info here. Seriously.  

This explains so much.  

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

Damn. I just learned about Norm McDonald from the thread about his death. 

I got a text from my brother but my first thought was to refresh teh geek bored for confirmation.  😳

And sure enough.  

Liberals....:mad:

Chula Vista parents raised the alarm over "jaw-dropping" tweets

Parents in Chula Vista, Calif., are demanding answers from Kate Bishop, a member of the school board whose years-old vile messages on Twitter recently went viral after a concerned father shared them on social media.

"I'm pretty sure I hit my sexual peak today. Somebody bring me an 18 year old boy, STAT!" Bishop tweeted in 2012, with the hashtag "hormones." Parents criticized a second tweet sent in 2011, which read, "Off to the park to see what hot 3-year-old girls my kid can hit on," with the hashtag "#ValentinesDay."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-parents-demand-answers-on-school-board-members-profane-tweets-really-disturbing-to-me

3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Liberals....:mad:

Chula Vista parents raised the alarm over "jaw-dropping" tweets

Parents in Chula Vista, Calif., are demanding answers from Kate Bishop, a member of the school board whose years-old vile messages on Twitter recently went viral after a concerned father shared them on social media.

"I'm pretty sure I hit my sexual peak today. Somebody bring me an 18 year old boy, STAT!" Bishop tweeted in 2012, with the hashtag "hormones." Parents criticized a second tweet sent in 2011, which read, "Off to the park to see what hot 3-year-old girls my kid can hit on," with the hashtag "#ValentinesDay."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-parents-demand-answers-on-school-board-members-profane-tweets-really-disturbing-to-me

Well, clearly Utilit can't.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

I don't get it. Can't do what? 

This is all you got left in your old age?

does FFT count? I get my news from there

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Look at the stalker. Between you and mdc and fagdandy, I don't know where you get all the motivation to follow me around so much. :lol:

I turn to news when I am bored. Right now my time is spent on football wagering and golf. I don't really have time for news right now, but I have been loosely following that Gabby Petitto that is likely dead in a ditch somewhere.