Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Who here aside from myself could go a week without the news?

Recommended Posts

Watching, listening, reading.

I'm in.

Who else?

I promise you won't miss anything and nothing will be affected by your absence.  

Who else?

A full week starting next Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been this way for a couple months now. I stil hit the local news for the weather, but after that I tune out. Covid, vaccine, mask. Rinse repeat.

I'm over it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weve gone without news for years.  Everything is shock talk designed to draw eyeballs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Define news? I go months, years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, edjr said:

Define news? I go months, years

This.  I only care about the weather, which I can look up easily other ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean actually watching the news? Never do. I get better info here. Seriously.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

This.  I only care about the weather, which I can look up easily other ways.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t watched TV news in almost 2 years. I follow some news sources on Twitter, but that’s about it. It’s scary, but I learn more about most current events here than other places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I haven’t watched TV news in almost 2 years. I follow some news sources on Twitter, but that’s about it. It’s scary, but I learn more about most current events here than other places. 

Damn. I just learned about Norm McDonald from the thread about his death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

You mean actually watching the news? Never do. I get better info here. Seriously.  

This explains so much.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

Damn. I just learned about Norm McDonald from the thread about his death. 

I got a text from my brother but my first thought was to refresh teh geek bored for confirmation.  😳

And sure enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberals....:mad:

Chula Vista parents raised the alarm over "jaw-dropping" tweets

Parents in Chula Vista, Calif., are demanding answers from Kate Bishop, a member of the school board whose years-old vile messages on Twitter recently went viral after a concerned father shared them on social media.

"I'm pretty sure I hit my sexual peak today. Somebody bring me an 18 year old boy, STAT!" Bishop tweeted in 2012, with the hashtag "hormones." Parents criticized a second tweet sent in 2011, which read, "Off to the park to see what hot 3-year-old girls my kid can hit on," with the hashtag "#ValentinesDay."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-parents-demand-answers-on-school-board-members-profane-tweets-really-disturbing-to-me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Liberals....:mad:

Chula Vista parents raised the alarm over "jaw-dropping" tweets

Parents in Chula Vista, Calif., are demanding answers from Kate Bishop, a member of the school board whose years-old vile messages on Twitter recently went viral after a concerned father shared them on social media.

"I'm pretty sure I hit my sexual peak today. Somebody bring me an 18 year old boy, STAT!" Bishop tweeted in 2012, with the hashtag "hormones." Parents criticized a second tweet sent in 2011, which read, "Off to the park to see what hot 3-year-old girls my kid can hit on," with the hashtag "#ValentinesDay."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-parents-demand-answers-on-school-board-members-profane-tweets-really-disturbing-to-me

Well, clearly Utilit can't.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well, clearly Utilit can't.  :lol:

I don't get it. Can't do what? 

This is all you got left in your old age?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does FFT count? I get my news from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Well, clearly Utilit can't.  :lol:

Look at the stalker. Between you and mdc and fagdandy, I don't know where you get all the motivation to follow me around so much. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn to news when I am bored. Right now my time is spent on football wagering and golf. I don't really have time for news right now, but I have been loosely following that Gabby Petitto that is likely dead in a ditch somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×