Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Week 3 Waiver Wire (getting ahead of the game)

R Moore of Zona. 

Cannon and K Johnson Rbs for the Niners l this weekend the coach benches D Samuel and Mitchel and Sermon once again. 

Larry Rountree III

Got 8 carries to Ekeler's 15 and averaged 0.4 yards less, with a long of 13 to Ekeler's long of 14.

No other non-QB got more than 1 carry.

He's the #2, in case Ekeler's hammy rolls a whammy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

R Moore of Zona. 

Cannon and K Johnson Rbs for the Niners l this weekend the coach benches D Samuel and Mitchel and Sermon once again. 

Look man.  I dont wanna be a party pooper but....

If we assume you are right about K. Johnson eventually being the back to own in this backfield.......

I'm not sure K Johnson will know enough of the playbook to make the impact needed in time for week 3.   week 4 or 5 maybe..... but not week 3.

if he plays this week it will likely be a very limited role.    Thats a big IF 

They just signed the guy.  I doubt he will learn enough of the playbook by sunday to make an impact.

there is even the chance he may not even play until week 3.  even then.....

granted, I suspect he will learn enough plays out of 2 or 3 sets that he can step in on specific plays.

but I'd be surprised if he makes an impact that quickly.   This is a player who, if he makes an impact, its likely at least 2 games away.  Possibly 3 depending on how quick a study he is.

Devontae Booker. 

Saquon will realize he's not ready. Booker will be handed the keys to NYG RB duties. Grab and stash now if you have room on your bench. 

1 minute ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Saquon will realize he's not ready.

There was a play shown on Red Zone channel where Barkley kept driving his legs and pushing a pile forward.  Things like that are exactly what he needs to experience in order to feel confident in his knees holding up--when doing things like pushing a pile.

I think he is axually coming to realize that he IS ready.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

There was a play shown on Red Zone channel where Barkley kept driving his legs and pushing a pile forward.  Things like that are exactly what he needs to experience in order to feel confident in his knees holding up--when doing things like pushing a pile.

I'm a NY homer, but not a Giants fan. Haven't seen the play you're talking about but I'm sure it exists. Saquon is a competitor. What I should've said was I think the Giants will realize they don't think he's ready. Very conservative franchise in those regards. I don't think they'll let him loose. They signed (and paid) Booker for a reason...

well, we are still not all the way through the recovery phase.

even when fully recovered, it can take a while for the confidence to return.

I figure he will start flashing at some point here, but the process requires patience.

in my one league, I have him stashed on my bench.  I predict his workload will go up by a couple touches each week until he gets close to his normal workload.  

hes probably gonna have another subpar game (maybe two) before he starts to resemble the player he was before the injury.

Right now its about getting a feel for the game and getting him used to knowing he can take a hit again.  There are a few things he did before that he may not be able to do until mid season.  But he will get there eventually.

he just needs a little bit of time.

I said before the season started that Sequon owners should draft a backup who is capable of starting the first couple games of the year and I meant it.

first 2-3 games(possibly 4) are likely to be rough.   After that you'll see a different player.

Each person recovers and heals at their own pace.  I doubt even his doctor could tell us when he'll turn it around.   its a bit of a crapshoot.

good news is... there is no indication (so far) that hes had problems or setbacks.  hes just not quite 100% ready and that is understandable.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Look man.  I dont wanna be a party pooper but....

If we assume you are right about K. Johnson eventually being the back to own in this backfield.......

I'm not sure K Johnson will know enough of the playbook to make the impact needed in time for week 3.   week 4 or 5 maybe..... but not week 3.

if he plays this week it will likely be a very limited role.    Thats a big IF 

They just signed the guy.  I doubt he will learn enough of the playbook by sunday to make an impact.

there is even the chance he may not even play until week 3.  even then.....

granted, I suspect he will learn enough plays out of 2 or 3 sets that he can step in on specific plays.

but I'd be surprised if he makes an impact that quickly.   This is a player who, if he makes an impact, its likely at least 2 games away.  Possibly 3 depending on how quick a study he is.

Ray I was just mocking the Niners situation. 

My pick is R Moore. 

I think Marquez Valdes-Scantling could have a big game and, thus, be a hot WW addition.  He had 8 targets against the Saints including multiple deep shots, but only reeled in 3 for about 17 yards.  This week he gets the Detroit Lions and you'd think the Packers would be trying to make a point that week 1 was an aberration.

If this does pan out, It'll also be a mistake to pick him up since he's so inconsistent.

I also think Jared Cook is going to get some love against Dallas in a shootout.

I'm trying to find a spot on my roster for R Moore. Im going to have to drop a Jet rb. I have two of them.

The problem with AZ is they never have a plan to get anyone involved after Hopkins. Kingsberry really sucks at running a smooth offense. It's all kyler Murray figuring it out on the fly

7 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I'm trying to find a spot on my roster for R Moore. Im going to have to drop a Jet rb. I have two of them.

The problem with AZ is they never have a plan to get anyone involved after Hopkins. Kingsberry really sucks at running a smooth offense. It's all kyler Murray figuring it out on the fly

and that happens with other QB's too.

one of the best quotes I saw was a few years back just before Romo Retired.

one of the WR publicly asked why he wasnt getting more looks.

Romo Responded:  when I do my reads, I look to where you are supposed to be.  if you are not where you are supposed to be or if well covered, I move to the next read.

to some extent, this summarizes every QB's situation.

when you as a QB have a WR who teams dont seem to be able to cover, its easy to keep going to the well.

Hurting at RB, but with 12-teams and 7-man bench there ain't much. So... time to buy a Lotto ticket!

DeeJay Dallas RB SEA.... 2020 4th round pick out of Miami. Had a couple decent games in Carter's absence last year and he can catch too. Rashaad Penny is hurting and word is the "calf" injury is worse than being reported and could eventually end up on IR. That leaves Dallas as the #2 behind the heavily worked Carter Carson who's bound to break down again like last year.  And to top it off, the kid's name is "DeeJay" - his parent is so disgustingly ghetto they actually picked out that name. Gotta love it.

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Agreed. They have a short week vs a tough D tonight but then he gets a long rest before they play the Falcons. I’d say his season starts week 3.

36 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Hurting at RB, but with 12-teams and 7-man bench there ain't much. So... time to buy a Lotto ticket!

DeeJay Dallas RB SEA.... 2020 4th round pick out of Miami. Had a couple decent games in Carter's absence last year and he can catch too. Rashaad Penny is hurting and word is the "calf" injury is worse than being reported and could eventually end up on IR. That leaves Dallas as the #2 behind the heavily worked Carter who's bound to break down again like last year.  And to top it off, the kid's name is "DeeJay" - his parent is so disgustingly ghetto they actually picked out that name. Gotta love it.

Collins may also factor into the backfield. Penny is a total 0 so I wouldn't worry about him.

It would probably be a split between Collins and Dallas

43 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

That leaves Dallas as the #2 behind the heavily worked Carter who's bound to break down again

Michael Carter only had 4 carries for 6 yards, so he's not exactly "heavily worked"--and besides, he plays for the Jets.

Just now, AxeElf said:

Michael Carter only had 4 carries for 6 yards, so he's not exactly "heavily worked"--and besides, he plays for the Jets.

Meant "Carson".... oops

42 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

DeeJay Dallas RB SEA.... 2020 4th round pick out of Miami. Had a couple decent games in Carter's absence last year and he can catch too. Rashaad Penny is hurting and word is the "calf" injury is worse than being reported and could eventually end up on IR. That leaves Dallas as the #2 behind the heavily worked Carter who's bound to break down again like last year.  And to top it off, the kid's name is "DeeJay" - his parent is so disgustingly ghetto they actually picked out that name. Gotta love it.

I don't know who's available in your league, but if you're looking for lottery tickets, I would suggest the following players in order before DJ Dallas:

These guys are all 1 injury away from being very relevant in the fantasy football landscape and the top 2 have stand-alone value now.

1. AJ Dillon
  2. Jamaal Williams
  3. Tony Pollard
  4. Marlin Mack
  5. Tony Jones
  6. Darrell Williams
  7. Alexander Mattison
  8. Kenyan Drake
  9. Rhamondre Stevenson
  10. Kenneth Gainwell
  11. Chuba Howard
  12. Ty'son Williams
  13. Sony Michel

29 minutes ago, nobody said:

I don't know who's available in your league, but if you're looking for lottery tickets, I would suggest the following players in order before DJ Dallas:

These guys are all 1 injury away from being very relevant in the fantasy football landscape and the top 2 have stand-alone value now.

1. AJ Dillon
  2. Jamaal Williams
  3. Tony Pollard
  4. Marlin Mack
  5. Tony Jones
  6. Darrell Williams
  7. Alexander Mattison
  8. Kenyan Drake
  9. Rhamondre Stevenson
  10. Kenneth Gainwell
  11. Chuba Howard
  12. Ty'son Williams
  13. Sony Michel

Speaking of which.... what is the deal with Mack.

he got no love in the last game at all.   is he still hurt?  or is the team planning to trade him?

right now hes looking like he will have more value if someone trades for him.

27 minutes ago, nobody said:

1. AJ Dillon
  2. Jamaal Williams
  3. Tony Pollard
  4. Marlin Mack
  5. Tony Jones
  6. Darrell Williams
  7. Alexander Mattison
  8. Kenyan Drake
  9. Rhamondre Stevenson
  10. Kenneth Gainwell
  11. Chuba Howard
  12. Ty'son Williams
  13. Sony Michel

Only two players on that list are available in my league.... Darrel Williams and Stevenson (who fumbled last week in his first game cementing himself in Belichick's doghouse).

56 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Only two players on that list are available in my league.... Darrel Williams and Stevenson (who fumbled last week in his first game cementing himself in Belichick's doghouse).

Why not roster Darrell Williams then?  If Carson gets hurt, everyone is going to pick up Collins and you'll still get Dallas.  If CEH gets hurt, it's going to be a mad rush for Darrell.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

If Carson gets hurt, everyone is going to pick up Collins and you'll still get Dallas. 

There seems to be confusion exactly who is the #2 RB in SEA.  Most "fantasy depth charts" list Dallas, or Penny - then Dallas, yet I've read articles saying it's Collins.

I think it's Dallas. Younger, healthier, and Seahawks are invested with a draft pick and he's contracted for 3 more years.  Collins is hurt and has a 1-year (cheap) deal.

I didn't realize DeeJay passed Collins.  I guess that makes sense.  I have a vague recollection of Collins hitting the practice squad.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

1. AJ Dillon
  2. Jamaal Williams
  3. Tony Pollard
  4. Marlin Mack
  5. Tony Jones
  6. Darrell Williams
  7. Alexander Mattison
  8. Kenyan Drake
  9. Rhamondre Stevenson
  10. Kenneth Gainwell
  11. Chuba Howard
  12. Ty'son Williams
  13. Sony Michel

Most of them are rostered in every single league

4 hours ago, nobody said:

1. AJ Dillon
  2. Jamaal Williams
  3. Tony Pollard
  4. Marlin Mack
  5. Tony Jones
  6. Darrell Williams
  7. Alexander Mattison
  8. Kenyan Drake
  9. Rhamondre Stevenson
  10. Kenneth Gainwell
  11. Chuba Howard
  12. Ty'son Williams
  13. Sony Michel

Every single one of these players is largely rostered in most leagues and fully rostered in competent leagues.

Then they're aren't a lot of competent leagues out there.  I can easily look up roster percentages.  Most of these guys are 60% or below, but whatever makes you guys feel good.

17 minutes ago, nobody said:

Then they're aren't a lot of competent leagues out there.  I can easily look up roster percentages.  Most of these guys are 60% or below, but whatever makes you guys feel good.

Why wouldn't a league have the top backups all rostered?

11 hours ago, nobody said:

I think Marquez Valdes-Scantling could have a big game and, thus, be a hot WW addition.  He had 8 targets against the Saints including multiple deep shots, but only reeled in 3 for about 17 yards.  This week he gets the Detroit Lions and you'd think the Packers would be trying to make a point that week 1 was an aberration.

If this does pan out, It'll also be a mistake to pick him up since he's so inconsistent.

Last season wasn’t Lazard a better option than MVS…..did he lose his spot to him?

Just now, BirdGang said:

Last season wasn’t Lazard a better option than MVS…..did he lose his spot to him?

According to the preseason hype (and week 1 I guess) MVS took over the #2 spot.  Supposedly MVS was very good in camp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those two Packer WRs are interchangeable on a weekly bases. 

13 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

DeeJay Dallas RB SEA.... 2020 4th round pick out of Miami. Had a couple decent games in Carter's absence last year and he can catch too. Rashaad Penny is hurting and word is the "calf" injury is worse than being reported and could eventually end up on IR. That leaves Dallas as the #2 behind the heavily worked Carter Carson who's bound to break down again like last year.  And to top it off, the kid's name is "DeeJay" - his parent is so disgustingly ghetto they actually picked out that name. Gotta love it.

I thought Alex Collins was #2 in SEA? 

Marvin Jones and Chark are available in my big$ 12 team ppr league. I feel like they should be rostered just from pure game script alone this year. Who is better going forward?  Or should i look into stashing AJ Dillon or Pollard instead?  Rosters are a but slim which may explain their availability. 

Yes with a small bench it’s not a surprise that neither some of them are rostered.  I like M Jones over Chark. 

I think that would depend on your need for a wr and your leagues scoring system. 

28 minutes ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Marvin Jones and Chark are available in my big$ 12 team ppr league. I feel like they should be rostered just from pure game script alone this year. Who is better going forward?  Or should i look into stashing AJ Dillon or Pollard instead?  Rosters are a but slim which may explain their availability. 

im in a big $ 12 team ppr league...we have 17 roster spots(not that i think that matters in this case)....but chark and jones are def owned and i cant imagine a scenario where they arent in that type of league....hard to imagine a big $ 12 teamer where chark, jones, dillon and pollard arent owned....do you guys have 5 bench spots? lol

21 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

im in a big $ 12 team ppr league...we have 17 roster spots(not that i think that matters in this case)....but chark and jones are def owned and i cant imagine a scenario where they arent in that type of league....hard to imagine a big $ 12 teamer where chark, jones, dillon and pollard arent owned....do you guys have 5 bench spots? lol

1k smart league  We can only roster 8 wr/rb/te total and we dont have to start a Te. The roster limits are a bit weird but thats why i had to mention. And yes, i would be dropping Boyd (my #5 wr/te) and make a move on any of those guys on the wire. Leaning Marvin Jones atm but the rbs may be a better investment in the long run since i dont think i will even start either wr

35 minutes ago, bobby heenan said:

My three leagues , two 14 teamer one 12 teamer , we have five bench spots. 

Makes it a lot tougher then those eight plus bench seats.