Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Yet another reason why you should NEVER count on Millenial(Or whatever they are called) Trend

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Fall and winter I usually drink heartier bier... stouts, porters, hefe, dunkelweisse, wit, brun etc, 

Spring/summer: lighter bier... kona, maui, pacifico, some sours, some lambic, some radlers

I love Dunkelweisse.  I named our previous black lab mix Dunkel.  :cheers:

(RIP Dunk) 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I love Dunkelweisse.  I named our previous black lab mix Dunkel.  :cheers:

(RIP Dunk) 

:thumbsup: 

:cheers:

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

A good brewery will usually make all of those styles seasonally.  The brewery in my town does and I know some other ones in the area that do as well.  One of the more popular beers at the brewery here is a Vienna lager.  I like to try new beers all the time but the other styles are not my favorite.

You should check out Beer Drop.  You can customize what beer you get in your drop.  It's pretty awesome but can be a bit spendy.

Correct!!!    I am not that interested in a stout or porter in the summer  BLECH.

IPA is good for that.....Lagers are ok and some ales, but they lack the great hop punch of a good IPA.

this is the season though man..Octoberfests are all out, many of them are awesome and then we get into the stouts and porters!!! Great time to drink beer

• Like 1

Just now, supermike80 said:

Correct!!!    I am not that interested in a stout or porter in the summer  BLECH.

IPA is good for that.....Lagers are ok and some ales, but they lack the great hop punch of a good IPA.

this is the season though man..Octoberfests are all out, many of them are awesome and then we get into the stouts and porters!!! Great time to drink beer

It's also Fresh Hop season in the PNW. 

I also enjoy pumpkin beers, though it's definitely hit and miss as the various offerings can vary greatly.  Pumking from Southern Tier is probably my favorite.  

been an IPA drinker since my first Harpoon about 25 years ago.  So good.  I like most beers, but Sours are undrinkable imo.

2 hours ago, DonS said:

I also enjoy pumpkin beers, though it's definitely hit and miss as the various offerings can vary greatly.  Pumking from Southern Tier is probably my favorite.  

Pumking is great.  There are some very good pumpkin beers this time of year.

I guess I will be driving to a "Total Wine and More" after work tonight.

Stupid thread.......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I guess I will be driving to a "Total Wine and More" after work tonight.

Stupid thread.......

seltzer calling you?

:lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Herbivore said:

been an IPA drinker since my first Harpoon about 25 years ago.  So good.  I like most beers, but Sours are undrinkable imo.

I'm an IPA man, too. As for sours, I consider them "onedrinkable". I try one once in awhile, tastes interesting at first, and I'll finish it, but I don't want a 2nd 🤢

17 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

I'm an IPA man, too. As for sours, I consider them "onedrinkable". I try one once in awhile, tastes interesting at first, and I'll finish it, but I don't want a 2nd 🤢

I like sours, but yeah they're definitely a "one and done" type beer.  Perfect in a flight when trying out beers at a new brewery. 

27 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Agree

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

I like sours, but yeah they're definitely a "one and done" type beer.  Perfect in a flight when trying out beers at a new brewery. 

.... and agree about flight for them

8 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Maybe I am doing a poor job of explaining. I will choose a random houston brewery, although almost all microbreweries will prove my point. Look at the year round beers from the below brewery. It is crazy, they make 4 different IPA's and 2 different APA's. Pale ales are not that good compared to other beer types.

I am a beer snob, I understand that. However, I think that the consumers would benefit if the breweries changed their strategy and started making a wider variety of beers and more importantly less IPA's.

https://www.saintarnold.com/year-round-beers/

Kolsch: 1

Wit: 1

Blonde Ale: 1

Amber Ale 1:

American Pale Ale: 2

IPA: 4

IPA's brew fast......breweries pay the bills with them.

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

IPA's brew fast......breweries pay the bills with them.

I'm not sure why they would be faster than other ales, since the higher alcohol (typically in IPAs) implies longer fermentation.

But this post made me realize another benefit to the breweries:  IPAs were originally created to survive the long, often warm ship transportation to India (hence the name, India Pale Ale).  The high hop bittering acts as a preservative:

During the brewing process, hops are added at the beginning of the boiling stage to give the brew its bitter flavor and more are added at the end of the boil for aroma and flavor. Hops also act as a preservative by inhibiting spoilage bacteria during a beer's shelf life and they help to stabilize foam.

So the hops help it last longer on shelves, AND likely lower the level of cleanliness required during the fermentation process.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:11 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

There is no IPA craze, it's a staple beer just like a lagers and stouts, unless you're talking about craft beers in general.

Incorrect— it is a trend only.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

All you dummies talking about pumpkin beer convinced me to try one. I am drinking a Wasatch Brewery "Black O' Lantern" right now. While it is below average it is not as bad as i thought it would be.

I gave it a 2.5 on untapped.

14 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

All you dummies talking about pumpkin beer convinced me to try one. I am drinking a Wasatch Brewery "Black O' Lantern" right now. While it is below average it is not as bad as i thought it would be.

The biggest brewery here is Four Peaks (well, the Anheuser parent bought them).  They've got a seasonal pumpkin porter that everyone raves about.  I hate it.  I also hate any beer with vanilla in it.  I don't know why, as I like each taste outside of beer.  :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The biggest brewery here is Four Peaks (well, the Anheuser parent bought them).  They've got a seasonal pumpkin porter that everyone raves about.  I hate it.  I also hate any beer with vanilla in it.  I don't know why, as I like each taste outside of beer.  :dunno: 

Breckenridge does a good vanilla porter. Subtle 

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I'm drinking a Sam Adams Jack-O Pumpkin Ale right now...mmmmm :wub:

5 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I've only had Four Peaks at their airport pub in Phoenix whenever I was passing through on business.  Gotta say I wasn't terribly impressed.   Decent enough but nothing memorable.  

8 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Breckenridge does a good vanilla porter. Subtle 

That Breckenridge is total garbage.  You must have low standards.  That’s beer for people who will drink any ol’ sh@t.

16 hours ago, DonS said:

Southern Tier mention.....nice!

Not big on pumpkin.  Hate sours.  I have a newfound like for IPAs.  I do like dark beers in the winter but find them too filling.  

I am not a beer snob at all.  I drink Miller Lite.  But when I'm not trying to guzzle beer I do like to dabble.  Ill drink almost anything.....besides sours.  They suck.  And I like sour candy and fruit.  But sour beer is awful.

4 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

That Breckenridge is total garbage.  You must have low standards.  That’s beer for people who will drink any ol’ sh@t.

I only drank them at the brewery, last one was about 10 years ago. It might have changed.

fat tire was very good until they went big. Still ok, but quality dropped 

8 hours ago, DonS said:

I've only had Four Peaks at their airport pub in Phoenix whenever I was passing through on business.  Gotta say I wasn't terribly impressed.   Decent enough but nothing memorable.  

Well, Four Peaks is a brewery with lots of beers, so your mileage might vary.  They made their name on a scottish ale called Kilt Lifter, which is funny because it is a heavier, sweeter dark ale that would never have made it in today's bitter beer face world.

I'm sure I've told the story but I know one of the four founders of Four Peaks, our daughters danced together.  We both did the "daddy daughter dance" for years and not a practice went by where the dads weren't well-supplied.  For national competitions in LA or Vegas he would drive a large RV that was stocked with beer and liquor.  Real normal guy who happened to drink a lot.  They sold out to Anheuser for an amount that was never disclosed, which was after the dance stuff so I never found out how much they got.  I'm confident he doesn't need to work any more though. :cheers: 

5 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

If it’s not your taste, it’s not your taste… but garbage is an exaggeration…

Vanilla porter

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Well, Four Peaks is a brewery with lots of beers, so your mileage might vary.  They made their name on a scottish ale called Kilt Lifter, which is funny because it is a heavier, sweeter dark ale that would never have made it in today's bitter beer face world.

I'm sure I've told the story but I know one of the four founders of Four Peaks, our daughters danced together.  We both did the "daddy daughter dance" for years and not a practice went by where the dads weren't well-supplied.  For national competitions in LA or Vegas he would drive a large RV that was stocked with beer and liquor.  Real normal guy who happened to drink a lot.  They sold out to Anheuser for an amount that was never disclosed, which was after the dance stuff so I never found out how much they got.  I'm confident he doesn't need to work any more though. :cheers: 

Yeah, I figured they had a much larger variety of beers available at the brewery vs at Sky Harbor.  Christ I hate that airport, but that's probably due to spending way too much time there from frequent trips to Yuma. 

Did your daughters dance to "Super Freak" at the competition?  Hopefully no grandfathers died on the way. 

5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Southern Tier mention.....nice!

I also like their "Warlock" imperial pumpkin stout. Damn.  I think I need to make a Total Wine run! 

11 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I only drank them at the brewery, last one was about 10 years ago. It might have changed.

fat tire was very good until they went big. Still ok, but quality dropped 

My apologies.  I was wrong to question your standards.   I stand by it being garbage.

13 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How long do trends generally last?

Some indistinct amount of time 

9 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I like Moosehead beer. Yum.

Do you drink it alone at 2 am while posting here? 😪

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

🐮 Mooo...

You forgot the sadface emoji, loser. :( 

edit; good job, loser. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, MDC said:

Do you drink it alone at 2 am while posting here? 😪

2 hours ago, MDC said:

You forgot the sadface emoji, loser. :( 

edit; good job, loser. 

Triggered 🐮 trolling the board again calling other people losers. :lol: 

Anderson valley salted Carmel porter

Campfire stout (s’mores)

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Anderson valley salted Carmel porter

Campfire stout (s’mores)

Those sound good, especially the porter.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

Those sound good, especially the porter.  :cheers: 

I haven’t had many stouts/ porters in a while.. they started coming back to my poor memory 

I love the Bud Light Hard Seltzer commercial where basically they call women that drink that sh1t are too focking stupid to realize it isn't beer until Mangold covers up the Bud Light part of the label.

To be fair, though, I ways thought that was retarded.  Just call it Budweiser Hard Seltzer after the owner/brand vs Bud Light which is a different product.