Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Giants at Football Team: In-Game Discussion

GG redskins.

Although to be honest I am rooting for the cowboys out of that division this year.

31 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

He's retarded. Pure luck

It was a perfect pass. Put it where only the receiver could get it. And that's how it played out. :thumbsup:

Great game because of score. Both QBs played well, Mckissic played great, McLaurin played great, Barkley kinda sucked but I guess he's still hurt(?), and penalties ruled both the game and the outcome. :dunno:

Garret playing for the field goal and they were well within range and Washington had all 3 TO’s and the two minute warning going against a gassed defense that didn’t get pressure all night.  Saw it coming. 

• Like 1

I’m sorry if you drafted Golladay at what was his adp. 

Congrats if you drafted Shepard.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’m sorry if you drafted Golladay at what was his adp. 

Congrats if you drafted Shepard.  

yeah at this  point it is looking like Golladay  wasnt  a  great choice

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

at this  point it is looking like Golladay  wasnt  a  great choice

Nonsense.  Daniel Jones is on fire, and Golladay was his 2nd-most targeted player (8) behind Shepard (10).

Is Golladay rusty?  Absolutely, he was rusty AF tonight.  He hasn't really played in 2 years, and got precious little work with his new team and his new QB in preseason--and came into tonight's game on a short week.  If he catches 3 of his 5 incomplete targets it's a 6 for 96 and a TD night for Golladay against what is supposed to be one of the better defenses in the league--and the way the offense looks around him, those days are coming.

Golladay and Jones just need a little more work together, but they have a long break now until their home game vs the Falcons in Week 3--a good defense to get healthy against (for Barkley as well).

If Golladay still isn't a quality start in Week 3--neighborhood of 100 and a TD--then I'll start to worry about him.  Seeing his first action against Denver and Washington and averaging 8.6 PPR without a TD, the jury is still out.

His points per game are currently better than Courtland Sutton, Marquez Callaway, Mike Evans, Julio Jones, and Tyler Boyd, but I would hope no one is panicking with them, either.  Unless Golladay has literally just forgotten how to catch a football, he's going to start learning to catch Daniel Jones' footballs.

If the Giants can stay healthy and tweak their execution just a notch, they're really looking pretty good.

• Haha 1

It takes some longer to see what’s going on.  

Especially when one doesn’t watch the games, it must take forever to see what’s going on…

Don’t watch the games, but I have that situation pegged,  it’s pretty easy.  

He’s the third best wr on the 0-2 Gmen in both Ppr and non ppr, time to sale. 

Don’t get stuck with him like those Mixon owners did last season.  Move move move now. 

Sure. One can read a box score and say after 2 games what has happened will continue to happen. However when Golladay has a good game next week, then the situation one thought they had pegged simply by reading a box score gets blown up, and clearly situations evolve.  Do try and keep up, explaining elementary fantasy football ball game theory to the ill-informed is trying…

I’m sure he’s due to have a good ff game, and then comes the next game , and he’s fools gold, look he already as one fool that’s you sunshine. 😩

If one owns Golladay I would shop him.  

Only a fool would shop Golladay now. What would you hope to get for him? A seasoned fantasy player, who actually watches games and can think critically, would shop Golladay, if that was the goal after next week when he has a good game. Your welcome for the free lesson, no charge...

Oh I’m sure that a Gmen Homer like yourself would gladly give me your best player for him, see that wouldn’t be smart on your part. 

Welcome. 

wow I posted to see if I could get Axe Elf all riled up and I riled up a few of you.  

sorry.

I did start him and it wasnt a great call, but the guy i wanted to start was questionable for Sunday and I didnt wanna get stuck, so Golladay got the go.

not a great game, but I'm sure better days are coming.  Sequon is starting to look better.  Jones actually made some  nice plays.   if New York can stop getting in their own way and taking bad penalties and not drop catchable balls, this offense might have a chance to be good.

Both Shepard and Slayton seem to be able to produce in ff. 

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

wow I posted to see if I could get Axe Elf all riled up and I riled up a few of you.  

sorry.

I did start him and it wasnt a great call, but the guy i wanted to start was questionable for Sunday and I didnt wanna get stuck, so Golladay got the go.

not a great game, but I'm sure better days are coming.  Sequon is starting to look better.  Jones actually made some  nice plays.   if New York can stop getting in their own way and taking bad penalties and not drop catchable balls, this offense might have a chance to be good.

Yeah, the much maligned (somewhat unfairly) DJ stands with a Total QBR of 63.3 after 2 games against good defenses. Not too shabby, good things are indeed on the horizon, starting with week 3...

Or not. 

8 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yeah, the much maligned (somewhat unfairly) DJ stands with a Total QBR of 63.3 after 2 games against good defenses. Not too shabby, good things are indeed on the horizon, starting with week 3...

well, the TD drop and the bad penalty on the other TD really sunk the Gmen.   two TD's turned to FG's and then the bad penalty that gave the WFT kicker a mulligan on the missed FG and the chance to make a shorter kick.

just a terrible day all around for the team as a whole.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

well, the TD drop and the bad penalty on the other TD really sunk the Gmen.   two TD's turned to FG's and then the bad penalty that gave the WFT kicker a mulligan on the missed FG and the chance to make a shorter kick.

Bad day for the Defense as a whole. The offense, especially Danny Dimes played well. They out produced their expected vegas point total by something like 12-13 points. Unfortunately, the D hasn't held up its end.

12 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Bad day for the Defense as a whole. The offense, especially Danny Dimes played well. They out produced their expected vegas point total by something like 12-13 points. Unfortunately, the D hasn't held up its end.

yes, the defense was bad too.

I also think not being able to effectively run the ball with the lead at the end of the game hurt them too.

Sequon has shown flashes, but hes still not himself yet.    this was to be expected to be sure.   Sequon clearly needs another game or two before he will be himself again.

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yes, the defense was bad too.

I also think not being able to effectively run the ball with the lead at the end of the game hurt them too.

Sequon has shown flashes, but hes still not himself yet.    this was to be expected to be sure.   Sequon clearly needs another game or two before he will be himself again.

10 days of rest and a date with Atlanta should do the trick...

I'd be a buyer for Golladay and Barkley right now. When guys don't play a snap and barely practice before the season you should expect a slow start. 

9 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I'd be a buyer for Golladay and Barkley right now. When guys don't play a snap and barely practice before the season you should expect a slow start. 

Ok, who would  you give up for Golladay? 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I think any game the Giants actually have a chance to win is a good game for them, even if they lose. 

Washington has a fairly good defense (especially up front), their problem was they were completely fooled by Jones running the ball. I would be surprised if that happens the next time they meet up. 

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ok, who would  you give up for Golladay? 

Golladay may be undervalued by owners not considering his lack of preseason reps. Trade him WR3 or less value, Golladay will end up a WR2 or better on most weeks for the latter part of the season. 

I was thinking more along the lines of names, so if your making an offer for him right now, who would you offer? I’m simply getting an ideal of his value based on others. No feet to the fire.  

It’s not quite that simple. Week 2 with few injuries and no byes, third tier wr don’t have a ton of value. I would say if someone was worried about their QB or TE if you could sell your extra if you had 2 good ones for Golladay. Otherwise Jamal Williams, Trey Sermon, OBJ, Aiyuk, Courtland Sutton off the top o my head.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:51 PM, AxeElf said:

Kenny Golladay is top 10 in virtually every deep-ball and contested catch category you can think of, and when he last played in 2019, he was the WR9 with David Blough and Jeff Driskel throwing him the ball for half the season.

Now he has the highest-rated deep passer in the NFL as his QB; he's easily top 10.

3 for 38 yards bro..