Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

how do you clean your shoes and how often?

Leather shoes? Wipe down with soap and water, dry and polish maybe once every 6 months. I put running shoes in the washer about that often and let them air dry.

• Sad 1

There is a shelf in the locker room at my CC. I stick $5.00 in one of them for the kid that shines them and they are ready for pick up after I'm done playing golf. 

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

There is a shelf in the locker room at my CC. I stick $5.00 in one of them for the kid that shines them and they are ready for pick up after I'm done playing golf. 

Ok Judge Smails. 

• Haha 2

Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. I don't shine shoes anymore.

13 minutes ago, frank said:

Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. I don't shine shoes anymore.

I’m busting your balls, and you’re getting fresh with me!

Clean my shoes? Never.

I do clean and oil my boots.

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Outlets across the interstate from me in Charleston has a place and I usually go there. Drop them off before I walk around the outlets and buy a few things. Usually when I’m ready to leave they’re done. 

12 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Outlets across the interstate from me in Charleston has a place and I usually go there. Drop them off before I walk around the outlets and buy a few things. Usually when I’m ready to leave they’re done. 

Lol you don’t live in Charleston then, you live in North Charleston.  big difference

16 hours ago, dain11279 said:

I’m busting your balls, and you’re getting fresh with me!

he didn't mean no disrespect

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Lol you don’t live in Charleston then, you live in North Charleston.  big difference

I never knew that. 

North Charleston

Currently, it is still one of the top fifty most dangerous places in South Carolina! The total crime rate is 67.5 for every 1,000 people. This neighborhood had incessant reports on both violent and property crimes. There were incidents of shootings, murders, and aggravated assaults.

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

I'm assuming sneakers don't count as "shoes", so I think the last time I wore shoes was at my aunt's funeral 2 years ago.

sneakers count as shoes.

My Hoka, and Merrells, go in the washing machine. They mainly just get trail dust on them. 

I have a pair of Wolverine lace up waterproof boots. I soak the treads overnight if the get caked with mud. Then I hit them with the hose in the backyard. 

The only shoes I wash are Sanuk's, which are hippie loafers.  This or similar:

https://www.sanuk.com/mens-sidewalk-surfers/hemp/SMF1010.html#prefn1=gender&prefv1=men&start=7&cgid=bestsellers

They are made of recycled blah blah blah, but I wear them because they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned, even for a decent amount of walking/on your feet.  They machine wash and air dry.

Living in the SW we don't usually have to deal with elements like rain and mud, so I don't clean sneakers or dress/biz casual shoes.  For dress shoes in particular I had heard long ago not to do the shoe shine thing because it builds up wax which is hard to keep looking good.  I had had that problem so I went to just using those shoe brushes you can buy in the shoe store.  I generally do it whenever I put them on as it only takes a few seconds and shines them up.

My hiking shoes get dusty so I don't bother cleaning them, because they'll just get dusty the next time I hike, living in a desert and all.

5 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I never knew that. 

North Charleston

Currently, it is still one of the top fifty most dangerous places in South Carolina! The total crime rate is 67.5 for every 1,000 people. This neighborhood had incessant reports on both violent and property crimes. There were incidents of shootings, murders, and aggravated assaults.

There’s a reason he’s called Tim Hack. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. When you’re here they ask “what part of Charleston” because there’s a couple different sections. But it’s STILL Charleston. Couple years ago we were in west Ashley. Same deal. 

11 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

There’s a reason he’s called Tim Hack. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. When you’re here they ask “what part of Charleston” because there’s a couple different sections. But it’s STILL Charleston. Couple years ago we were in west Ashley. Same deal. 

West Ashley is part of Charleston.  North Charleston isn’t.  It’s a separate city.  And even if it was, that’s like comparing Manhattan vs the Bronx.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

West Ashley is part of Charleston.  North Charleston isn’t.  It’s a separate city.  And even if it was, that’s like comparing Manhattan vs the Bronx.

I unmuted to tell u to fock off. You’re literally trying to argue with someone who’s from and lives there. You’ve got to be THE dumbest mother focker in this board. Just shut the fock up u focking hack. Like seriously :doh: you’re trying to argue with someone who actually lives there when you’ve never been much less LIVE there. Jesus Christ this guy is a focking retard 

26 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I unmuted to tell u to fock off. You’re literally trying to argue with someone who’s from and lives there. You’ve got to be THE dumbest mother focker in this board. Just shut the fock up u focking hack. Like seriously :doh: you’re trying to argue with someone who actually lives there when you’ve never been much less LIVE there. Jesus Christ this guy is a focking retard 

So you’re sticking with the claim that North Charleston isn’t its own city?  I gotta admire your persistence in being wrong about something that’s an easily verifiable fact.

I never lived there but have been there several times for work and leisure.  That’s how I knew you didn’t actually live in Charleston proper...because I’ve stayed in hotels by the outlets and pretty sure there aren’t any outlets in Charleston proper.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So you’re sticking with the claim that North Charleston isn’t its own city?  I gotta admire your persistence in being wrong about something that’s an easily verifiable fact.

I never lived there but have been there several times for work and leisure.  That’s how I knew you didn’t actually live in Charleston proper...because I’ve stayed in hotels by the outlets and pretty sure there aren’t any outlets in Charleston proper.

Cap. Straight cap. You’re lying. Off your ASS. ANYONE from here knows it. Don’t try and talk like you know when you don’t you dumb son of a B1tch. I live here. Friends live here. Classmates live here. Family lives here. I have WAY people that can verify mi e than you can. So don’t try me B1tch. Seriously. I’ve never seen anyone as dumb or as obstinate as you. You’re trying to argue with someone who lives there :doh: what a focking moron 

50 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Cap. Straight cap. You’re lying. Off your ASS. ANYONE from here knows it. Don’t try and talk like you know when you don’t you dumb son of a B1tch. I live here. Friends live here. Classmates live here. Family lives here. I have WAY people that can verify mi e than you can. So don’t try me B1tch 

See, this is what I mean about you seeming quite angry these days.  Perhaps you can read them objectively and see what I'm talking about.  Or not, your choice.

Also this is easy to resolve by naming the outlet mall.  It's not like that gives us your home address.  :cheers: 

Not sure the cleaning technique that is used as I simply  leave my shoes at the foot of the bed after I defile yer mom.  They're clean by the time I'm done eating the sammich she makes for me. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

See, this is what I mean about you seeming quite angry these days.  Perhaps you can read them objectively and see what I'm talking about.  Or not, your choice.

Also this is easy to resolve by naming the outlet mall.  It's not like that gives us your home address.  :cheers: 

I’m angry because this focking idiot is trying to argue (wrongly of course) about somewhere I live and have facts on. One thing that pisses me off is someone who has NO clue about soMething trying to argue with someone who’s an expert in it. In this area, I am seeing as I’m the one living here along with all the people I know living here too. To make it easier for you and that d1ckwad:

https://www.charleston.com/areas

boom. *mic drop* 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m angry because this focking idiot is trying to argue (wrongly of course) about somewhere I live and have facts on. To make it easier for you and that d1ckwad:

boom. *mic drop* 

Not for nothing, but that link is useless.  That is Charleston area, not city proper, and if it shows an outlet mall in Charleston, I'm not clicking a thousand links in hopes of finding it.

I'm out for a little while and not invested in this, so I'll let you and Tim carry on.  :cheers: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Not for nothing, but that link is useless.  That is Charleston area, not city proper, and if it shows an outlet mall in Charleston, I'm not clicking a thousand links in hopes of finding it.

I'm out for a little while and not invested in this, so I'll let you and Tim carry on.  :cheers: 

Who the fock is talking about “city proper”? You talking about DOWNTOWN? Cause that is “city proper” and if you wanna stay downtown you’re dumber than Tim Hack. Not only is the rent ridiculously high, the places are old and rundown, and there’s so much crime. Hell, girl in my class is in a house downtown that got robbed this summer. Only one worried about “city proper” is dumb ass up there and no one asked or cares about him. When asking people “where do you live in Charleston” THIS is what I’m talking about. Jesus Christ I feel like I’m having to educate 3rd graders here :doh: 

15 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m angry because this focking idiot is trying to argue (wrongly of course) about somewhere I live and have facts on. One thing that pisses me off is someone who has NO clue about soMething trying to argue with someone who’s an expert in it. In this area, I am seeing as I’m the one living here along with all the people I know living here too. To make it easier for you and that d1ckwad:

boom. *mic drop* 

Correct, North Charleston is in “the Charleston region.”  But it’s not in Charleston, which your link points out by commenting on North Charleston being the third largest city in SC. You’re acting like people from South Jersey that say they’re from Philly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Correct, North Charleston is in “the Charleston region.”  But it’s not in Charleston, which your link points out by commenting on North Charleston being the third largest city in SC. You’re acting like people from South Jersey that say they’re from Philly.

No you’re done. We’ve already proven your lying ass wrong. Don’t try and back peddle and change things up to try and justify it. You lied. You were wrong. So get out of here. Bye bye :wave: 

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think he’s admitting to living in North Charleston.  But for some reason thinks it’s just a “section” of Charleston which it’s not.  And oddly now he’s complaining about crime in downtown Charleston when as vuduchile pointed out North Charleston is actually worse in terms of crime.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think he’s admitting to living in North Charleston.  But for some reason thinks it’s just a “section” of Charleston which it’s not.  And oddly now he’s complaining about crime in downtown Charleston when as vuduchile pointed out North Charleston is actually worse in terms of crime.

Dumb ass I said I lived in North Charleston because it IS where I stay now. I don’t know WHY your moronic self is arguing that it’s not DOWNTOWN Charleston. But it IS part of the Charleston area like I’ve been saying. You went full retard and was like “ItS nOt CiTy PrOpEr”. No one around here calls it that dumb ass. Stop acting like you know what the fock you’re talking about when you’re just spewing Sh1t out your mouth. Seriously. Just shut the fock up. No one cares you are talking. No one cares you are here. No one cares in real life 

Swear to God people like him are focking idiots and feel like talking to a god damn 6 year old :doh: 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Dumb ass I said I lived in North Charleston because it IS where I stay now. I don’t know WHY your moronic self is arguing that it’s not DOWNTOWN Charleston. But it IS part of the Charleston area like I’ve been saying. You went full retard and was like “ItS nOt CiTy PrOpEr”. No one around here calls it that dumb ass. Stop acting like you know what the fock you’re talking about when you’re just spewing Sh1t out your mouth. 

Swear to God people like him are focking idiots and feel like talking to a god damn 6 year old :doh: 

I never said it wasn’t in the Charleston area.  I said it wasn’t in Charleston, and it’s not (however West Ashley is).    I think the South Jersey/Philly comment is pretty similar.  South Jersey is in “the Philly area,” but it’s not in Philly.

• Haha 1

1. Djgb is being extremely angry

2. I tell people all the time I live in Houston, yet I live in Sugarland. It depends who you are addressing. An out of towner gets the Houston answer and a local gets the sugar land answer.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I never said it wasn’t in the Charleston area.  I said it wasn’t in Charleston, and it’s not (however West Ashley is).    I think the South Jersey/Philly comment is pretty similar.  South Jersey is in “the Philly area,” but it’s not in Philly.

You’re right. I’m wrong. The guy who doesn’t live here and has never been knows more than actual people here in Charleston. My bad. Guess I better tell all the locals that this one guy on the internet who’s never been here says differently than them. Wonder how they will all take it 

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

2. I tell people all the time I live in Houston, yet I live in Sugarland. It depends who you are addressing. An out of towner gets the Houston answer and a local gets the sugar land answer.

I’m angry cause I hate someone like this idiot trying to act like they know more than the locals when he’s never been. And you are right. This is exactly how we tell people about where we stay. Even locals do the same. “CiTy PrOpEr” is downtown Charleston or just Charleston to the retards like Tim Hack. The surrounding areas are also Charleston but different sections of the area. Hence, west Ashley where I used to stay and North Charleston where I currently stay even if it’s on the border of downtown and North Charleston. What’s worse is this retard is actively starting an argument about it when he’s clueless. Cause honestly who the fock care? Apparently this retard 

47 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Yeah that’s fair.  Although seems like digby is claiming even the locals think it’s all the same.

45 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

I’m angry cause I hate someone like this idiot trying to act like they know more than the locals when he’s never been. And you are right. This is exactly how we tell people about where we stay. Even locals do the same. “CiTy PrOpEr” is downtown Charleston or just Charleston to the retards like Tim Hack. The surrounding areas are also Charleston but different sections of the area. Hence, west Ashley where I used to stay and North Charleston where I currently stay even if it’s on the border of downtown and North Charleston. What’s worse is this retard is actively starting an argument about it when he’s clueless. Cause honestly who the fock care? Apparently this retard 

I mean I care more about proving you wrong / trolling you than how often people clean their shoes (sorry civil war guy).

By “city proper,” I meant city limits.   West Ashley is within them, North Charleston isn’t.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah that’s fair.  Although seems like digby is claiming even the locals think it’s all the same.

I mean I care more about proving you wrong / trolling you than how often people clean their shoes (sorry civil war guy).

By “city proper,” I meant city limits.   West Ashley is within them, North Charleston isn’t.

We know all you care about is trolling. Hence, why you’ve been proven wrong and refuse to stop. I’m done though. Have fun. Back on ignore. 

16 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

So digby lives... I mean “stays” in a sh!thole?   

Got it. 

$1600 a month isn’t a “sh1thole” unlike the trailer you’re in. Oh, and I also have a mortgage I’m paying on too. Some of us can actually afford stuff like that. You not being included and someone younger than you being able to is what pisses you off :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

$1600 a month isn’t a “sh1thole” unlike the trailer you’re in. Oh, and I also have a mortgage I’m paying on too. Some of us can actually afford stuff like that. You not being included and someone younger than you being able to is what pisses you off :lol: 

Correction.  

Digby "lives" in a sh!thole and "stays" stupid.