Alias Detective

Robot vacuum

19 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Who has and what type/model and do you recommend?

My mother does, no idea what brand but her floors are spotless everytime I go over even with a bigly shedding lab. 

• Thanks 1

iRobot from Costco. Buy it when it goes on sale. Love it. Whatever you get make sure the base station has a vacuum bag built in otherwise you have to empty the robot every day. That sucks. My floors are spotless. Truck is to start with clean floors. It will keep them that way. Totally worth it. 

• Thanks 1

We have the iRobot 980(?).  We also have all hardwood floors.  Does a great job 

• Thanks 1

I have one...we have hardwood floors and tiled.  Works great but it hates any cords...dog toys..etc.   im not seeing the wow factor.  Knock off brand on sale from amazon.  It does its job..long battery and half the cost of a roomba.  I want spending 500 dollars for an experiment.  I can swiffer the floors faster to be honest

• Thanks 1

Got wife a Roomba wife about 4 years ago... it was semi-pricey at $375.  Had no idea if she or I would like it.  Turns out ... worth it's weight in gold. We named it "Juanita".

Ya soon learn all the places that get it stuck... certain tables, rugs, or leaving doors half open, which they go into and accidentally shut the door on themselves. Mine makes it back to the charger 80% of the time. When it doesn't... no biggie. I also don't mind emptying it every day or so. Only takes a second. Then again, I don't have a big shedding dog.

Clean floors for life - it's worth it. Also reduces overall dust in the air.

• Thanks 1

I got the wife the Roomba i9+ for Christmas. She loves it. 

The first one we got had the red ring of death, but they sent a replacement and so far so good. 

For maximum laziness get the one that automatically dumps the dirt.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like you get what you pay for.  

Thanks for all the replies, our 5th anniversary is approaching and this just might be the right gift.  🤣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Does anyone use them on carpet?

I have carpet, hardwood and tile.... drives on all just fine and crosses transition strips without a sweat. If you have stairs, it has a sensor that keeps it from going over the edge.

20 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Who has and what type/model and do you recommend?

Sh1t I could NOT tell you what model it is besides Shark. It’s one that does well with pet hair and dumps into its home base so you can easily dump the stuff it picks up. Just remember it being on sale for $500 compared to its normal price of $700 during Black Friday. But it’s good. Love being able to use the app for it and you can program it to clean at certain times during the day. Next we get is going to be the one that mops the floors