Daltnator

Antonio Gibson-Talk me off the ledge

Im starting to get worried. He had one game with good every down volume and one where Mckissic got waaaay more 2 minute work and 3rd down work. He hasn’t scored me more than 13 yet. He plays another good DST next week. I’m starting to panic. I am entertaining thoughts of putting out this trade offer to the Stafford owner(because I’m not completely sold on my QB, Brady either) of Brady and Gibson for Stafford and Mixon. Not sure he’ll bite, but no harm in trying. He’s also got Gaskin, but that’s a pretty big down grade, not worth it.  Stafford is his backup, he’s got Russell Wilson. 
Anyway, what are some others thoughts on Gibsons value going forward? Worth keeping or try to move? I was REALLY high on him all off-season, had him last year and loved it, but this is scary! I may bench him next week in favor of Diontae Johnson, but we’ll see! 

• Confused 1

I'm sorry, but Axe Elf tried to prevent you from getting on the ledge in the first place, and you din't listen...

20.59 Antonio Gibson
Æ™ Rating: Overrated
It's kind of amazing that the first five players in Round Two are separated by less than 2 ADP points, but then it's almost 2 full points to Hopkins and more than 3 full points to Gibson.  Since Hopkins should probably be a couple of points higher than he is, this means that if you're picking in the 2nd half of Round Two and one of the players listed before Gibson falls to you, you should take them (unless of course it's Jonathan Taylor).  It should also be noted that the last six players in Round Two are separated by less than 3.5 points.  That means that there is a lot of uncertainty after the top 18 players, with personal favorites beginning to play a larger factor in drafting decisions than consensus values.  It also means that it almost doesn't matter who you pick from the next six players listed--but the two worst values among them are the RBs, starting with Gibson.  All the usual caveats about committee RBs apply.  Give me one of the next batch of WRs to go with my Round One stud RB--there are only like four WRs off the board at this point.

So I'm afraid how you get off of it is no longer my concern.

Listen to the Elf,

Trophy on the shelf.

Listen to the others,

Go crying to your mothers.

Regardless of whether you're on the ledge on Gibson, Stafford and Mixon would be better so go ahead and offer the trade.  I doubt he'll except it though.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

I'm sorry, but Axe Elf tried to prevent you from getting on the ledge in the first place, and you din't listen...

20.59 Antonio Gibson
Æ™ Rating: Overrated
It's kind of amazing that the first five players in Round Two are separated by less than 2 ADP points, but then it's almost 2 full points to Hopkins and more than 3 full points to Gibson.  Since Hopkins should probably be a couple of points higher than he is, this means that if you're picking in the 2nd half of Round Two and one of the players listed before Gibson falls to you, you should take them (unless of course it's Jonathan Taylor).  It should also be noted that the last six players in Round Two are separated by less than 3.5 points.  That means that there is a lot of uncertainty after the top 18 players, with personal favorites beginning to play a larger factor in drafting decisions than consensus values.  It also means that it almost doesn't matter who you pick from the next six players listed--but the two worst values among them are the RBs, starting with Gibson.  All the usual caveats about committee RBs apply.  Give me one of the next batch of WRs to go with my Round One stud RB--there are only like four WRs off the board at this point.

So I'm afraid how you get off of it is no longer my concern.

Listen to the Elf,

Trophy on the shelf.

Listen to the others,

Go crying to your mothers.

I suppose I had that coming somewhat. Big time Gibson fan. Waning though. I wanna hold on tight!! 

Just gotta figure out when to cut bait!

Meh 2 games in. He has 20 carries the first week. He averaged over 5 ypc week 2. I think he will be fine overall. With how well Mixon did week 1 though, why would that owner accept that deal?

18 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Meh 2 games in. He has 20 carries the first week. He averaged over 5 ypc week 2. I think he will be fine overall. With how well Mixon did week 1 though, why would that owner accept that deal?

True. I thought that maybe he would see the upgrade in back up QB and maybe I sweeten the deal somehow and throw in an extra guy or something. I don’t know. Spitballing here. Maybe I wait and see if any of his guys 💩 the bed. Maybe I just accept being 0-2, dig in, try and do better next week and dig myself outta this hole! Sit Gibson and my starting 5 would be Brady, Zeke, Chubb, Woods and Diontae.  Maybe I quit and go home. I dunno. Maybe I’ll be melodramatic. Lol! Just want to start getting to the fun part of fantasy foosball, all I’m getting so far is the pain and heartache! Lol!

No way the other owner takes that deal.  

Gibson wasn’t worth a first round pick, but you own him , one can keep shopping, but he’ll improve somewhat. 

Good luck OP, looks like you have a very good team , just some bad luck. 

Relax, Gibson's still averaging 90 total yards/game over the first two.   The TDs will come.  

The WTF will use McKissic in the hurry-up offense, but Gibson's still the lead dog in Washington.   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

The WTF will use McKissic in the hurry-up offense...

Gibson's owners say WTF when the WFT uses McKissic.

• Haha 1

Overreaction for a guy who got 20 carries week 1.  Mckissic isn’t new, he was secretly a ppr weapon last year and caught 80+ passes. If that owner has Wilson there’s no point trading for in upgrade to his backup QB and wouldn’t want to downgrade Mixon anyway. Just hold steady and start him again next week.

OP right now after two games  in both ppr and non Gibson is ahead of last season.  

I know how you feel.

I've been disappointed with him so far like you have been.

I think he's just been kind of unlucky though, as far as fantasy goes.

He's getting plenty of touches and seems to be doing something with them. It's just not paid off how we would like it to yet.

He'll have some big games coming up.

I have Antonio Gibson too, in ppr, my keeper RB.  I'm not happy about his lack of points.  Hold the course and keep starting him is the plan.  His numbers will pick up.  Too talented not too and Washington is moving the ball.

I think the main thing to worry about with Gibson is the TD regression from last year. There was no way I could see him matching the 11 scores  he put up last year. Also, he got a lot of hype this off season that he would be the CMC in DC but everyone just seemed to forget about McKissic who put up WR level numbers and also bulked up in the off season to handle more of a running back workload. McKissic had 80 receptions on 110 targets last season! Sure that was with a rotating door of QB's who would check down but anyone who thought he would completely go away was being very naive. So with the TD's coming back down to earth and being a non factor on third downs, it's hard to see him living up to his ADP. I don't think he's a bust or anything but I personally had Najee Harris ahead of him in my pre draft rankings because of the volume concerns. 

So y’all would start him against Buffalo? They held Najee to a crap fantasy day and he was in on 100 % of snaps!! I guess we’ll see what that Defense does to Gaskin. If they hold him down too(not that he’s some great RB) can we really have much confidence that Gibson is gonna ball out?
Unless some crazy luck swings my way, I’m staring down 0-2, I’m gonna need next week to hit! lol!

16 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Wish I could talk you off the ledge, but I have him in 2 leagues.  And in both leagues I have him paired with Zeke, thinking I was awesome.  Joke was on me though.  

I hear ya. I’m trying to turn my thoughts here. I’m gonna try and stand pat with him! Gotta hope he makes that turn!! Still think it may be risky starting him next week!

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

OP right now after two games  in both ppr and non Gibson is ahead of last season.  

10 hours ago, Daltnator said:

So y’all would start him against Buffalo? They held Najee to a crap fantasy day and he was in on 100 % of snaps!! I guess we’ll see what that Defense does to Gaskin. If they hold him down too(not that he’s some great RB) can we really have much confidence that Gibson is gonna ball out?
Unless some crazy luck swings my way, I’m staring down 0-2, I’m gonna need next week to hit! lol!

Najee was starting his first career NFL game. We don't even know if he's any good at this level yet

56 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Should've listened to the Elf.  :ninja:

Twist the knife whydontcha? Lol!
And quit feeding his fire! Lol! His actual advice is already hidden so deep inside the sarcasm and snark! It is funny, I just wish there was more actionable fantasy foosball strategy mixed in without it! 
BUT…………

He called Gibson correct. In as much as he should not have been drafted as high as he was. I bought into the off-season hype, drafted him higher than I should have and now he’s off to a slow start and so is my squad!

Also but…….

I think I’ve been talked off the ledge! Gonna stand pat. Don’t know if I’ll fire him up next week, but I don’t think I’m gonna shop him!

Yes keep Gibson.  

He’s ahead of last season, no don’t panic.  

What does your Rbs and WRs look like now without the trade ? 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

What does your Rbs and WRs look like now without the trade ? 

RBs-  CMC, Gibson, McKissic, Sermon, Chuba, David Johnson

WRs- Hopkins, Allen, Golladay, Odell, Tyrell, KJ Osborn

He wants Gibson and Odell for 2 of D Harris/CEH/Diontae J

I would keep Gibson. He’s ahead of last season based on his two game avg, I know he’ll get better. 

I would stay.  

Give him Gibson and Odell for Harris and Johnson and run--with fingers crossed that it doesn't get vetoed--you win at both positions!

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Give him Gibson and Odell for Harris and Johnson and run--with fingers crossed that it doesn't get vetoed--you win at both positions!

Damien Harris, not Najeeh

Keep Gibson. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, AxeElf said:

x2

He finally paid off today with a 73 yard TD catch. Got me 20 pts overall

That one play equaled my total RB score for the first two weeks

39 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Getting 14 pts on one play helps...

Great for today; if I'm an owner, I'm not sure I'm reassured.

54 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Congrats, but after today, I would be concern, he’s not getting it done on the run game. 

41 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Getting 14 pts on one play helps...

Great for today; if I'm an owner, I'm not sure I'm reassured.

Well, it's certainly a lot more reassuring than if he had completely crapped the bed again this week.

I get what you mean though. The preseason hopes of him being a high RB1 are pretty much done

28 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Congrats, but after today, I would be concern, he’s not getting it done on the run game. 

I just think overall, the number of reliable RBs, week in week out, is as small as it's ever been.

I traded Kamara for Gibson and Cooper Kupp in my dynasty league.

Kamara is doing a little better than Gibson, but I certainly made out like a bandit on Cooper Kupp so far