LunaTick

Falcons Offense, thoughts

Do you see Falcons offense this season

1. Failing to cross the 50 yard line

2. crossing the line, but not getting to the 30 yard line

3. getting to the 20, but no further

4. into the redzone, but not the endzone

5. Week 1 is an apparition. TD's are still the expectation

I think Matt Ryan is starting to remind me of Eli Manning the last couple of seasons of his career.

They should be able to move the ball okay for the most part, but it won't lead to as many points as it should.

They're in for a long season I do think

Last week against the Eagles, the Falcons had the ball first and goal at the Eagles 20 with about 35 seconds left until halftime.

There was a gunshot in the parking lot. The entire Eagles team thought it was halftime, so they went to the locker room.

The Falcons ran 3 plays and kicked a field goal.

• Like 1

They already past the first four.  

I kept Ridley at a value. I’m currently seeing if anyone is willing to buy him as a top 5 WR he’s being billed as. I’m not giving him away, but if someone believes he’s a high end WR1 in this offense, ill take the trade.

There are a couple WRs that will be part of awful offense but will have similar target shares. They are typically in the late 20s early 30s in rankings, Ridley isn’t much different to me. He’s over valued they’re under valued. He’ll be fine but he’s probably peaking in value right now.

24 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

He’ll be fine but he’s probably peaking in value right now.

Really?  After being the WR59 in Week 1, you think Ridley's value is as high as it will ever be?

I guess you don't see him as a top 60 WR...?

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Really?  After being the WR59 in Week 1, you think Ridley's value is as high as it will ever be?

I guess you don't see him as a top 60 WR...?

Some people still think he is a WR1, as more games are played fewer people will think so. That trend will continue until the majority of people place him in mid/low WR2 territory. 

Trade value is of course what he is referring to. 

Sometimes it takes effort to educate others. PS-11 is a charitable man though. 

3 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

I kept Ridley at a value. I’m currently seeing if anyone is willing to buy him as a top 5 WR he’s being billed as. I’m not giving him away, but if someone believes he’s a high end WR1 in this offense, ill take the trade.

There are a couple WRs that will be part of awful offense but will have similar target shares. They are typically in the late 20s early 30s in rankings, Ridley isn’t much different to me. He’s over valued they’re under valued. He’ll be fine but he’s probably peaking in value right now.

week 1 overreaction

4 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

week 1 overreaction

Why do you think he’s a top 5 WR? cause I don’t see it this year.

I had my doubts coming into the year, and week 1 seemed to confirm a lot of my fears. I’m fine with a player posting a bad week 1 if I believed in him coming into the year, but I didn’t like him like so many others did. I passed on him in every draft except my keeper league where the value was decent enough that I was willing to risk being wrong. I just don’t see Ridley as the high end WR 1 so many seem to think he is. Its not the same team as last year, where the offense seemed to be competent and would throw it all game. It’s a bad offense, that really seems to want to run the ball. His team being awful and the volume will save him, but if I can get top 5 value for him, I’ll take it.

4 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

, but if I can get top 5 value for him, I’ll take it.

Only way you are getting top 5 value is if he starts putting up top 5 numbers. If that happens you would have to resist the urge to hold.

39 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

Why do you think he’s a top 5 WR? cause I don’t see it this year.

I had my doubts coming into the year, and week 1 seemed to confirm a lot of my fears. I’m fine with a player posting a bad week 1 if I believed in him coming into the year, but I didn’t like him like so many others did. I passed on him in every draft except my keeper league where the value was decent enough that I was willing to risk being wrong. I just don’t see Ridley as the high end WR 1 so many seem to think he is. Its not the same team as last year, where the offense seemed to be competent and would throw it all game. It’s a bad offense, that really seems to want to run the ball. His team being awful and the volume will save him, but if I can get top 5 value for him, I’ll take it.

Not much has changed from the draft through 1 week of football. That's what I think.

The reasons I am asking this question is based upon 

1. Koo being a stud kicker

2. Atlanta scoring only 6 points by 2 FGs against a team with some uncertainty to it.

3. looking at this game. Seeing ATL starting out moving the ball for 2 series. Then devolved into 8 series where they either punted (6) times from their own end or failed to convert their 4th down (2) from their own end. Each series moving the ball less. Rather see interceptions and fumbles and penalties and failure to advance.

So they have not passed all 4.

Only questions is, is this a trend or a mirage.

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

They already past the first four.  

4 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

week 1 overreaction

Right now is the time to shop Ridley.  

If Smith can’t figure out how to use Pitts he’s hopeless.  

On 9/19/2021 at 12:09 PM, LunaTick said:

The reasons I am asking this question is based upon 

1. Koo being a stud kicker

2. Atlanta scoring only 6 points by 2 FGs against a team with some uncertainty to it.

3. looking at this game. Seeing ATL starting out moving the ball for 2 series. Then devolved into 8 series where they either punted (6) times from their own end or failed to convert their 4th down (2) from their own end. Each series moving the ball less. Rather see interceptions and fumbles and penalties and failure to advance.

So they have not passed all 4.

Only questions is, is this a trend or a mirage.

Ridley will be fine. I think what we saw week 2 is more likely what we get on a regular basis. Gotta keep in mind too, that Atlanta is installing a new offense. Sometimes that takes a little time to click.

Biggest problems for them was putting their faith in davis and letting julio go.  Without being able to establish a running game, it is much easier to lock down ridley (now as their #1), and a rookie te, whom they may have to hold in to help pass protect.  It looks like Ridley is 31 in ppr.  I don't think he is losing owners games yet, but it doesn't often go well when the 2 turns into a 1.

2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Biggest problems for them was putting their faith in davis and letting julio go.  Without being able to establish a running game, it is much easier to lock down ridley (now as their #1), and a rookie te, whom they may have to hold in to help pass protect.  It looks like Ridley is 31 in ppr.  I don't think he is losing owners games yet, but it doesn't often go well when the 2 turns into a 1.

ridley just had a 20 point week?

3 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

ridley just had a 20 point week?

and he had a 10 pt week when they had fewer receiving options.  like i said, i don't think he is losing owners games yet. It is going to depend upon ryan getting it to other receivers

10 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

and he had a 10 pt week when they had fewer receiving options.  like i said, i don't think he is losing owners games yet. It is going to depend upon ryan getting it to other receivers

he's not going to lose owners games lol they are 2 weeks into a new install and just had a nice game against the bucs. if i were in a league where someone offered me ridley with this sort of overthink I would take full advantage.

2 minutes ago, SexyRexy said:

he's not going to lose owners games lol they are 2 weeks into a new install and just had a nice game against the bucs. if i were in a league where someone offered me ridley with this sort of overthink I would take full advantage.

:dunno: I have had him in a dynasty since he was a rookie and am not looking to sell.  I just lowered my expectations for him and the team this year. 

I would shop Ridley. 

I think their WRs have garbage time potential, although they are really forcing touches to Ridley, Pitts, and Patterson if the first two weeks are a trend going forward. That makes it hard to trust Zacchaeus, Gage, or even Sharpe. Although, with Gage out this week, Zacc is semi intriguing in deep leagues or dfs...