Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Gabby Petito

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Worst ending to tv series since the Sopranos. 

Ho Hum

Depends if he killed himself and how, or if an alligator or snake, or starvation, or something else killed him.  Actually I'm glad this story is over.

15 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Makes you wonder how many bodies are scattered about the oceans without anyone having a clue.

Ask Dexter

• Like 1

Have his parents come out yet to declare "he was always such a good boy, he never hurt nobody....."?

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You're saying her story in unique?

Can you name another scenario where two barely-adult people are traveling cross-country in a van, one of them simply returns home without the other, offers no explanation, missing girl’s parents wait 10 days to report and the one who is alive disappears without ever speaking to police— who don’t even know he’s gone until 3 days have passed?

31 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Can you name another scenario where two barely-adult people are traveling cross-country in a van, one of them simply returns home without the other, offers no explanation, missing girl’s parents wait 10 days to report and the one who is alive disappears without ever speaking to police— who don’t even know he’s gone until 3 days have passed?

I can tell you about quite a few.  I know for a fact that my family members and friends (who are police officers and child service workers), can tell you a lot more than I can and give you much greater detail.  But for some reason, and @edjr is right on this - that they're all not pretty little blonde girls, the media doesn't mention them.  Now, are those scenario's exactly the same, no... but they're close enough.  For example, brother and sister go out of state to a wedding, only the brother comes back.  After 4 days, brother goes missing and no one has heard from either since (3 years now).  Another was a husband and wife go away for a 4-day weekend, wife comes back alone.  Two weeks went by before they found his body.  Wife is in prison now.  I've heard plenty of stories like that.

Just go look up missing person's reports.  Willing to bet you find TONS of scenario's very similar to Petito's.  There's even a tv show, called Unsolved Mysteries, that has tons of examples like this, that were never a media sensation, until they appeared on the show some 5, 10, even 20 years after the fact.

13 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Anyone think it's possible they were able to fake his death and he's still alive somewhere?

I think so. There was a movie years back called Teenage Dirtbag that delved into that topic. But yeah, I think there is likely a way to do just this....

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Anyone think it's possible they were able to fake his death and he's still alive somewhere?

No

I would have loved it if there was a note nailed to a tree next to the body saying "I didn't kill Gabby, I ran to save my own life as the killer was after me too. I know who the killer is. It was someone I thought I could trust in life. Their name is... (rest of the paper was torn off).

:lol:

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I would have loved it if there was a note nailed to a tree next to the body saying "I didn't kill Gabby, I ran to save my own life as the killer was after me too. I know who the killer is. It was someone I thought I could trust in life. Their name is... (rest of the paper was torn off).

OJ

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I can tell you about quite a few.  I know for a fact that my family members and friends (who are police officers and child service workers), can tell you a lot more than I can and give you much greater detail.  But for some reason, and @edjr is right on this - that they're all not pretty little blonde girls, the media doesn't mention them.  Now, are those scenario's exactly the same, no... but they're close enough.  For example, brother and sister go out of state to a wedding, only the brother comes back.  After 4 days, brother goes missing and no one has heard from either since (3 years now).  Another was a husband and wife go away for a 4-day weekend, wife comes back alone.  Two weeks went by before they found his body.  Wife is in prison now.  I've heard plenty of stories like that.

Just go look up missing person's reports.  Willing to bet you find TONS of scenario's very similar to Petito's.  There's even a tv show, called Unsolved Mysteries, that has tons of examples like this, that were never a media sensation, until they appeared on the show some 5, 10, even 20 years after the fact.

Blah blah blah. I’m very well aware of all you mentioned and described.  True Crime is my main genre.  Doesn’t change My previous answer to your question.  Those unusual details, NOT RACE, explain the public interest.  Even if race was the explanation, so what?  What’s the point or purpose behind arguing that?

If you wanna talk about stories that don’t get much play, and I’d be happy to do that, the widespread corruption of PD detectives is way more compelling.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

:banana: Right on queue. 

Brian Laundrie's death: A notebook found near his remains could answer some key questions, experts say

Many questions remain unanswered following the death of Brian Laundrie. But crime experts say the notebook found near his remains in a Florida nature reserve park may shed some light on the circumstances of his disappearance and the violent death of his fiancée Gabby Petito.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/brian-laundries-death-a-notebook-found-near-his-remains-could-answer-some-key-questions-experts-say/ar-AAPOJwV?li=BBnb7Kz

47 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Blah blah blah. I’m very well aware of all you mentioned and described.  True Crime is my main genre.  Doesn’t change My previous answer to your question.  Those unusual details, NOT RACE, explain the public interest.  Even if race was the explanation, so what?  What’s the point or purpose behind arguing that?

If you wanna talk about stories that don’t get much play, and I’d be happy to do that, the widespread corruption of PD detectives is way more compelling.

Sounds good.  Glad you're enthralled with this nonsense.

Laundrie killed himself with a gunshot to the head...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brian-laundrie-died-gunshot-wound-183628362.html

Brian Laundrie died from a gunshot wound to the head and his manner of death was a suicide, according to a statement from the Laundrie family attorney.

The update on Laundrie’s manner and cause of death came more than a month after an autopsy of his remains, which were found in wetland areas in Florida’s Carlton Reserve on Oct. 20 and identified as belonging to Laundrie on Oct. 21.

After an initial autopsy was conducted last month, family attorney Steven Bertolino said that “no manner or cause of death was determined.”

Since the inconclusive autopsy, a forensic anthropologist has been analyzing Laundrie’s remains.

Laundrie went missing Sept. 14, about two weeks after he returned to his home state of Florida following the disappearance of his fiancée, Gabby Petito.

Petito’s parents reported their 22-year-old daughter missing on September 11.

Investigators named him a “person of interest” in Petito’s disappearance on Sept. 15.

On Sept. 17, investigators announced they were searching for Laundrie and could not locate him. The FBI searched his North Port, Fla. home on Sept. 20.

Case closed?