Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Week 2 Observations

5 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Mike Tomlin gets Diontae hurt on a meaningless play down 9 with under 20 seconds left. 

Dayum!

He was one of the few bright spots for my team today

5 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Mike Tomlin gets Diontae hurt on a meaningless play down 9 with under 20 seconds left. 

Just went back and looked at that.  Suspect decision making there.

2 minutes ago, DEEZNUTS said:

Tony Pollard > Ezekiel Elliott in this offense.

was just about to post the exact same thing. Pollard certainly looks better to the eye test. Of course Zeke in the goal line will likely result in more Td's

Yeah - looks like Zeke is a great goal line back but Pollard seems to fit in better with their overall offense.

If I was a defensive coach.  I'd coach my players to stand in front of the offensive players whenever they make a good play.  The players can't help themselves and the refs will call taunting if they do anything in front of the defenders.

4 hours ago, GEUH said:

Might make a run at overall WR1 this season w that Staff connection 

He's been the leading scorer on my team both weeks so far.

He's kind of like Adam Thielen, people sleep on him, but when he's healthy, he's a stud!

Ceedee Lamb is the Cowboys top WR.

Everybody that thought it was Amari Cooper after last week's big start, clearly haven't been paying attention the past few seasons...

Past few seasons Cooper was the Cowboys number one wr.  

And after week two, Cooper leads Lamb in ff points in both ppr and non. 

Very impressed with T Lockett , two big games to start the ff season. 

Now very concern about M Davis.  

Big road win for the Raiders.  

Two of my ff teams beat K Murray today, at Qb I have Cousins and Carr, I won both those contests , by having better over all talent at the Rbs and Wr slots.  

If you own The Chubb congrats. 

Tannehill and A J Brown look pretty avg so far.  

How did you C Davis owners like garbage time today?  

I guess Philly has a great defense.  Atlanta did nothing against them and SF didn't do much more.  SF put up 41 on Detroit last week and 17 against Philly on limited yards, and Atlanta put up 6 against Philly, and 25 against the vaunted buccaneers defense.  Although I think TB has been playing like they're complacent to start the season.

If we assume Trevor Lawrence doesn't suck, is it safe to say Urban Meyer sucks?  I mean we know Darrell Bevell isn't good.  The Jags can barely move the ball.

Yeah, you’re better off getting into a shootout with the Titans than trying to play them straight up.  I’d rather take my chances against Tannehill than wait for the inevitable with Derek Henry.  If DH is on the field there should be 8 in the box. He’s not like the other running backs. 

In my league we use IDP.   I used LB Roquan Smith and S Tyrann Matheiu.  They got me 3 Ints and 2 Defensive TD's!   BOOM!!!     

If injuries allow me I'm going to bench CEH this week.  He's just not involved in the offense, and Williams getting the TD was the last straw.  :angry: 

CEH needs to be shopped. You might fine a good deal while the season is young.  

46 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

If injuries allow me I'm going to bench CEH this week.  He's just not involved in the offense, and Williams getting the TD was the last straw.  :angry: 

Another problem that could have been solved before it began if closer attention had been paid to Axe Elf in the preseason:

23.99 Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Æ™ Rating: Overrated
As I mentioned with Gibson, the two RBs with ADPs in the 2nd half of the 2nd round are the worst values here--but CEH probably shouldn't be drafted for another round yet.  He borders on a BUST rating--and when he goes as high as the top half of the 2nd round I'd call him that--but at the 2/3 turn I won't go quite that far.  I'd just rather have Chris Carson, who is far more of a bellcow in an offense almost as good as the Chiefs'.  McKinnon is going to be more of a nuisance than people who draft CEH in the 2nd round want to admit.

I think week three you will see more McKinnon 

• Haha 1