Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Chiefs at Ravens: SNF Discussion

Inactives

Chiefs: OL Austin Blythe, CB DeAndre Baker, DE Joshua Kaindoh, OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, WR Daurice Fountain

Ravens: OT Ronnie Stanley, OLB Daelin Hayes, DE Derek Wolfe, DL Broderick Washington, and CB Jimmy Smith

55 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

Chiefs -3.5💰

I'm going to wait until they get down and hit them during live wagering and now they get the pick-6, so that plan might be shot.

That hole was so big for Freeman, he looked surprised.  Almost like he was looking for a defender to juke.  

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm going to wait until they get down and hit them during live wagering and now they get the pick-6, so that plan might be shot.

I’m way too much of a noob to have that much strategy. 

Depending on the details of Bells contract, I think he gets dropped from the practice squad soon. Bell doesn’t want to be on the practice squad and Williams, Freeman and Murray are showing far more than he has in the past couple of years.

1 minute ago, Mike FF Today said:

No need for the Ravens to risk letting Lamar throw. Just the run the ball all game and you'll be fine.

I kinda like him throwing.

I dropped the Ravens defense this past week, after they got torched by the Raiders. I figured picking up the Patriots against a rookie QB was a better idea.

Low and behold! Somebody in my league picked them up and is starting them against the Chiefs!

5 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Lamar is 3-7 with 2 picks. :lol:

The wheels may be coming off that one

Just now, polecatt said:

The wheels may be coming off that one

Just wait until they give him 40 million a year

6 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Lamar is 3-7 with 2 picks. :lol:

Mathew is the leading receiver for the Ravens.  :D

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Just wait until they give him 40 million a year

🤣🤣

Surely they won't do that

I'm a neutral observer, but man, Ravens have been on the wrong end of a lot of calls tonight

Should hearten some owners to see that, goal to go and game on the line, Ty'son Williams was in on every down and getting some work.  And then Jackson runs it in, predictably

4 minutes ago, Jedi Sensei said:

Should hearten some owners to see that, goal to go and game on the line, Ty'son Williams was in on every down and getting some work.  And then Jackson runs it in, predictably

You mean other than Murray's TD?

I miss defensive football.

8 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

#metoo

That was simply a terrible game.

Yes, I get so tired of seeing each game be decided by who gets the ball last.

Don't get me wrong, I like exciting finishes as much as anybody, but I miss a good 13-10 defensive struggle, where points and yards are at a premium, and the toughest team wins, not the team that's the fastest, not the team with the craziest schemes, but just the team that knocks the sh!t out of the other team more.

I miss that kind of football.

55 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Yes, I get so tired of seeing each game be decided by who gets the ball last.

Don't get me wrong, I like exciting finishes as much as anybody, but I miss a good 13-10 defensive struggle, where points and yards are at a premium, and the toughest team wins, not the team that's the fastest, not the team with the craziest schemes, but just the team that knocks the sh!t out of the other team more.

I miss that kind of football.

Your talking about the 70es.  

5 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

I miss punters. Nothing is more exciting than seeing a good punt.

Think of Ray Guy, your also talking 70es.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Your talking about the 70es.  

I saw it in the 80s and 90s

9 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

I miss punters. Nothing is more exciting than seeing a good punt.

So you prefer the two hand tag, super pass happy NFL?

Everyone has their preferences I suppose

You saw some of that snot hitting def in the 80es, but half way into the 80es and into today game, it’s more like two hand touch for the defense, it’s a boring game.  

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

So you prefer the two hand tag, super pass happy NFL?

Everyone has their preferences I suppose

That was mostly meant to be a stupid comment, but I can appreciate both styles if it’s high quality. I enjoyed watching two qbs lead their offenses in very different, yet highly effective ways last night. I also don’t mind watching the old Steelers vs Ravens style of games. 

I’ll agree, officials have been over the top but there’s nothing new to that.

Flag NFL coming soon. 

2 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

That was mostly meant to be a stupid comment, but I can appreciate both styles if it’s high quality. I enjoyed watching two qbs lead their offenses in very different, yet highly effective ways last night. I also don’t mind watching the old Steelers vs Ravens style of games. 

I’ll agree, officials have been over the top but there’s nothing new to that.

I'm the same way.

I don't mind a good shootout, but that seems to be the only kind of game there is any more.

It's either a high octane, 40 pts, 400 yard passing duel, or the game just sucks.

I miss the old school, hard hitting, ball control, smash mouth, three FGs beats a TD sort of game though. I would love to still see one of those every once and a while too.

2 hours ago, polecatt said:

I'm the same way.

I don't mind a good shootout, but that seems to be the only kind of game there is any more.

It's either a high octane, 40 pts, 400 yard passing duel, or the game just sucks.

I miss the old school, hard hitting, ball control, smash mouth, three FGs beats a TD sort of game though. I would love to still see one of those every once and a while too.

It’s usually more of a track meet while it’s still hot out. Come November/December there will be some smash mouth games…

40 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It’s usually more of a track meet while it’s still hot out. Come November/December there will be some smash mouth games…

I hope so