fandandy

Scale of 0 to 10 - How much do you trust the US government?

All facets of.  

President

Congress

IRS

FBI

FDA

Pentagon

Military

etc etc etc

I initially had on a scale of one to ten but realized that I am not a one so I changed to add zero.

I am a zero.

What are you?

• Like 1

Why would anyone have any trust in an entity that established taxes on something that was never supposed to be taxed ?

Yes, I'm talking about Social Security, & the guy sitting in the White House twice voted to tax it.

• Thanks 1

Kumonme Harris said she wouldn't take Trumps vaccine so she could get elected to a position where she could mandate the rest of us take it. 0.

• Like 1

Neighborhood of 2 and that is why I want less of it, not more. If they would focusing on governing and  get out of the business of doing good, that number would increase for me. I don’t see that happening though because that would require them to say:

fock poor people

fock the climate 

fock minorities (especially blacks and homos)

fock immigration (legal and illegal)

Trust them to always do what is in their best interest whether it's legal or not? 10

Trust them to abide by the constitution and do what is best for the country? 0

Zero with these idiots. Get some competent people in there and I may go as high as 2-3.

• Thanks 1

I typically hover around a 3 or 4, regardless of party in power.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I typically hover around a 3 or 4, regardless of party in power.

This seems about right, I read this yesterday and thought 4.  Most people voting 0, I don't think they know what 0 means.  If you are a 0 you should be living in a cabin in Montana writing a manifesto.  I think most people in government try to do an OK job, at least enough to not get fired, and getting fired is pretty hard to do, so definitely less than a 5.  I also think that most people in leadership are not evil, but rather that they truly believe things like minorities are incompetent so they need equity and free stuff, and that they know our health needs better than we do.  So I've convinced myself to downgrade to a 3.

Also if a competent poster had started this thread and not @fandandy, this would have been a pole.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

This seems about right, I read this yesterday and thought 4.  Most people voting 0, I don't think they know what 0 means.  If you are a 0 you should be living in a cabin in Montana writing a manifesto.  I think most people in government try to do an OK job, at least enough to not get fired, and getting fired is pretty hard to do, so definitely less than a 5.  I also think that most people in leadership are not evil, but rather that they truly believe things like minorities are incompetent so they need equity and free stuff, and that they know our health needs better than we do.  So I've convinced myself to downgrade to a 3.

Also if a competent poster had started this thread and not @fandandy, this would have been a pole.  :thumbsup:

The federal government is in a far better position if they generally leave Americans alone, so no need for a cabin.  However, when the rubber hits the road and they truly need to do something evil, they'll do it without batting an eyelash.  That is a 0, IMO.  Maybe trusting them to do the wrong thing and them always doing it is a 10. :dunno:

1 since I've been smart enough to know better

Do you trust creepy joey with handling the border correctly? How's that all working out?

How about that douche bag leading the military? How's that working out?

What about that cack handling the economy? How's that working out?

What about that dlckhead and foreign relations? How's that all working out?

Does anyone trust any of the democrats to be tough on crime and the murder rate? How's that all working out? 

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Do you trust creepy joey with handling the border correctly? How's that all working out?

How about that douche bag leading the military? How's that working out?

What about that cack handling the economy? How's that working out?

What about the dlckhead and foreign relations? How's that all working out?

Does anyone trust any of the democrats to be tough on crime and the murder rate? How's that all working out? 

Don't forget the dickhead running transportation. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-12/by-the-mile-vehicle-tax-to-help-fund-infrastructure-gains-steam

Western civilization looks more soviet every day.  Lockdowns, mandates, people getting arrested for smuggling food, banning speech, decent people getting attacked in the streets.  Why *would* you trust any of this?

I'd say 1-2 and I work for the government.

5 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

A firm 1

that's what she said

at this point I might trust religion more than the gubment and I know religion is 100% fiction

2 hours ago, edjr said:

at this point I might trust religion more than the gubment and I know religion is 100% fiction

How do you know that? 

23 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

How do you know that? 

No one can prove that God doesn't exist. It just makes atheists feel good to pronounce that they have no belief in God all the time. 

I guess it makes them feel all tingley inside or something. :dunno:

15 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

How do you know that? 

Show me a picture of him, surely one exists. Plenty of people have met him. Did they forget their cameras?

3 hours ago, edjr said:

Show me a picture of him, surely one exists. Plenty of people have met him. Did they forget their cameras?

We didn't all carry smartphones back then. 

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

We didn't all carry smartphones back then. 

Oh, gotcha. He used to be real, but now everyone has a camera in their pocket, not so much.  

A government like north korea would be 0, Belarus/Venezuela 1, china/Russia 2, western Europe and united states 3-5 range. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:59 AM, edjr said:

one of the key benefits of organized religion is that it provides a backup system in case the government fails.  if the government goes bankrupt or suddenly can no longer provide basic services, society can fall back on the church to provide a semblance of order.

5 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

A government like north korea would be 0, Belarus/Venezuela 1, china/Russia 2, western Europe and united states 3-5 range. 

i would trust Russia way more at this point.  Russia is slowly moving towards becoming a free society.  It doesn't happen all at once.  South Korea went through something similar.  SK was a dictatorship in the 1980s.  Today its a free country.  Give it another 20-25 years and Russia will be a free society.  Its not about where you are but where you are going.  The West is moving towards becoming a dictatorship.  Russia is moving towards a free society.

4 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

one of the key benefits of organized religion is that it provides a backup system in case the government fails.  if the government goes bankrupt or suddenly can no longer provide basic services, society can fall back on the church to provide a semblance of order.

if government fails, religion definitely has the sexual abuse and molestation covered.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

i would trust Russia way more at this point.  Russia is slowly moving towards becoming a free society.  It doesn't happen all at once.  South Korea went through something similar.  SK was a dictatorship in the 1980s.  Today its a free country.  Give it another 20-25 years and Russia will be a free society.  Its not about where you are but where you are going.  The West is moving towards becoming a dictatorship.  Russia is moving towards a free society.

You realize that Putin removed term limits and kills his opposition. Do you understand what a dictatorship is?

Just now, edjr said:

if government fails, religion definitely has the sexual abuse and molestation covered.

yah, no.  society in general has a problem with sexual abuse.  its a human problem, not a church problem.  stop slandering the church with it, when it is everywhere.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

You realize that Putin removed term limits and kills his opposition. Do you understand what a dictatorship is?

you realize the same thing is probably gonna happen here when a civil war happens?  do you understand what is going on in this world and what is about to happen?  Do you realize Biden just killed US soldiers, just killed children and armed radical muslims who want to kill Americans?