DonS

Rob Halford in insurance commercials

Let's have some lasers to celebrate! 

I'm shocked that the married couple are both white. :shocking:  To be fair, though, the ad does contain a ghey dude so it passes the woke sniff test. :lol:

39 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Wood for Halford.  :headbanger:

Not surprising. 

Just now, IndyColtsFan said:

He's the lead singer for Judas Priest.

Oh, ok.  I know they exist.  That's the extent of my knowledge of them.

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, ok.  I know they exist.  That's the extent of my knowledge of them.

You are really sticking to this I don't know anything about music thing.  ..what show was he on?

58 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

You are really sticking to this I don't know anything about music thing.  ..what show was he on?

I don't listen to music that much.  I haven't turned on music since I got satellite radio back in the early 2000's.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it's been about 15+ years since I turned on music station.  I don't listen to music on YouTube either.  Not my thing.  Sure, there's songs, artists, and groups that I know, like, and listen too, but the list is extremely short and they're all probably from the mid-80's to mid-90's.  Could they be from the 70's like Elton John or Billy Joel?  Sure.  Could they extend into the 00's?  Sure.  But the vast majority had their time from mid-80's to mid-90's and are in the Pop/Adult Contemporary category.

Because of the game Rock Band, I have heard of other bands but outside of the song itself on the game, I know nothing about those bands or their members.

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't listen to music that much.  I haven't turned on music since I got satellite radio back in the early 2000's.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it's been about 15+ years since I turned on music station.  I don't listen to music on YouTube either.  Not my thing.  Sure, there's songs, artists, and groups that I know, like, and listen too, but the list is extremely short and they're all probably from the mid-80's to mid-90's.  Could they be from the 70's like Elton John or Billy Joel?  Sure.  Could they extend into the 00's?  Sure.  But the vast majority had their time from mid-80's to mid-90's and are in the Pop/Adult Contemporary category.

Because of the game Rock Band, I have heard of other bands but outside of the song itself on the game, I know nothing about those bands or their members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRTUZ2sS1D8

:pointstosky:

are we sure that's not Dave Letterman? 

( Dave Leather Man! )

On 9/21/2021 at 4:02 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I know.  It was just weird that you asked what show he was on.  how would you look at that and not think he must be a singer in a band.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Yeah, I know.  It was just weird that you asked what show he was on.  how would you look at that and not think he must be a singer in a band.

I only looked at the graphic, I didn't watch the video's.  I saw the name in the title and saw the first graphic of some guy singing but what looked like a totally different person in the next two.  The next two looked like a show.

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I only looked at the graphic, I didn't watch the video's.  I saw the name in the title and saw the first graphic of some guy singing but what looked like a totally different person in the next two.  The next two looked like a show.

Didn't the thread title stating COMMERCIALS give you a clue? 

Just now, DonS said:

Didn't the thread title stating COMMERCIALS give you a clue? 

Why would a thread title stating COMMERCIALS give me a clue that Rob Halford was a singer?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Why would a thread title stating COMMERCIALS give me a clue that Rob Halford was a singer?

You said the other two videos "looked like a show". Wouldn't one surmise from the thread title that the videos were the commercials themselves??? :dunno:

So basically you didn't read the article or watch the videos and felt compelled to say "never heard of him" and assume he was from a "show".  Even a glance at the URL text would have informed you that Judas Priest was somehow involved.

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

You said the other two videos "looked like a show". Wouldn't one surmise from the thread title that the videos were the commercials themselves??? :dunno:

So basically you didn't read the article or watch the videos and felt compelled to say "never heard of him" and assume he was from a "show".  Even a glance at the URL text would have informed you that Judas Priest was somehow involved.

Every thing you said is correct.  I saw the title... it said Rob Halford and commercial.  Correct?  Right.  I scrolled down to see what he looked like, because I never heard of him.  I did not read the article or click on the like because I saw there were links to what looked like the commercial.  I saw the graphic of the videos.  One guy looked nothing like the other guy, so I just assumed I needed to watch the video.  I didn't, because the guy didn't look familiar.  If I don't know who he is and I never heard of him, it wasn't worth the time for me to watch the videos.  It's why I put "Never heard of him".

Had I watched the videos or read the links... still wouldn't have mattered because prior to this thread... I never heard of him.  Doesn't make what I said at the time untrue.  :dunno:

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Every thing you said is correct.  I saw the title... it said Rob Halford and commercial.  Correct?  Right.  I scrolled down to see what he looked like, because I never heard of him.  I did not read the article or click on the like because I saw there were links to what looked like the commercial.  I saw the graphic of the videos.  One guy looked nothing like the other guy, so I just assumed I needed to watch the video.  I didn't, because the guy didn't look familiar.  If I don't know who he is and I never heard of him, it wasn't worth the time for me to watch the videos.  It's why I put "Never heard of him".

Had I watched the videos or read the links... still wouldn't have mattered because prior to this thread... I never heard of him.  Doesn't make what I said at the time untrue.  :dunno:

Never hearing of him is fine.  I was just confused by your statement that "the other two looked like a show".   Oh.  Did you think the first video was the commercial itself and the other two were some clips from a show for context? 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

Never hearing of him is fine.  I was just confused by your statement that "the other two looked like a show".   Oh.  Did you think the first video was the commercial itself and the other two were some clips from a show for context? 

I just saw the graphic (thumbnail), of the video.  I didn't actually watch it.  He didn't look familiar at all, so watching the video wasn't going to help me know who he was.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I just saw the graphic (thumbnail), of the video.  I didn't actually watch it.  He didn't look familiar at all, so watching the video wasn't going to help me know who he was.

Understood.  Just confused by your statement of "the other two looked like a show" and that the guy in the thumbnails didn't look like the same person.   Just trying to understand is all. :dunno:

How do you embed the youtube video like in the OP?

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

Understood.  Just confused by your statement of "the other two looked like a show" and that the guy in the thumbnails didn't look like the same person.   Just trying to understand is all. :dunno:

My initial thinking was that those two clips were shows that he was in while the first one was the commercial.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My initial thinking was that those two clips were shows that he was in while the first one was the commercial.

Gotcha.  That's what I was thinking in that post you quoted. :cheers:

13 minutes ago, BLS said:

How do you embed the youtube video like in the OP?

When you bring up a video in YouTube click the "share" button below the video and copy link.  DO NOT just copy the URL in the browser address bar.