Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Gotta say I disagree with this

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/us/no-mask-policy-restaurant-couple-texas-trnd/index.html

So, Upshot, redneck business owner in Texas, I've known many of them, throws out a couple for wearing masks. The reason they were wearing masks? Their kid has cystic fibrosis and they don't want to risk bringing anything home. Presumably including covid but not limited to that. 

Now, I am all for the private business argument. But even the business admitted this is a political statement.  And here's what I mean by that. If their young son at home had cancer and they wore masks like people used to do before covid? They would be Darlings. But this jackass loves Trump apparently so he hates masks apparently,

(Yeah, just a wild-ass guess he's a Trump fan) get over it. You know I'm right. 

I mean, I can see tossing customers who don't want to wear a mask if that's how you feel. I can see not requiring customers to wear masks if that's how you feel. But what the fulck does it do to you or your employees if they do wear a mask?

I mean, there is literally no stretch of the imagination where you can sav if customers wearing masks somehow puts his employees or others in danger. Unless you're holding the joint up. 

Again, guy has every right. But it's strictly a matter of political beliefs at this point. He doesn't like masks so he's not going to let anybody else come in with them. If I know Texas, they break even. Lose as many as they gain. And that's fine. But Jeesus, Grow up.

How many 30 for 30 we watched where some kid who's immunocompromised wears a mask in his hospital room or out on the field or one of the college football players does the same thing? Etc.

I'm sure they'll starve now.  Too bad there are no other restaurants in Texas that will serve them masks and all.  :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm sure they'll starve now.  Too bad there are no other restaurants in Texas that will serve them masks and all.  :rolleyes:

Wooooooooosh

This is what happens when idiots cross paths.  Dumb restaurant owner.  And what sort of parent takes a 4 month old immunocompromised baby out to eat during a pandemic?  

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This is what happens when idiots cross paths.  Dumb restaurant owner.  And what sort of parent takes a 4 month old immunocompromised baby out to eat during a pandemic?  

The kind of idiot who doesn't read the article before posting......

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

The kind of idiot who doesn't read the article before posting......

The title is misleading.  I don't care, if my damn near newborn was immunocompromised I am not going out to eat right now.  Hell, I have perfectly healthy 9 and 12 year olds and don't really do it.   This is a non story.  The owner is just dumb, they were not hurting anybody.  However the fact it is on CNN is dumb too.   When idiots collide.  

Just now, KSB2424 said:

The title is misleading.  I don't care, if my damn near newborn was immunocompromised I am not going out to eat right now.  Hell, I have perfectly healthy 9 and 12 year olds and don't really do it.   This is a non story.  The owner is just dumb, they were not hurting anybody.  However the fact it is on CNN is dumb too.   When idiots collide.  

The owner isn't dumb.  He has a policy, which he's entitled to have.  The establishment informed these customers of the policy when they arrived at the establishment.  They chose to ignore it and were reminded of it a little while later.  At that point they had the choice to either abide by the policy or leave.  They chose to leave.  Whether you agree with the policy or not, I see nothing that the owner of the establishment did that was wrong. 

1 minute ago, Strike said:

The owner isn't dumb.  He has a policy, which he's entitled to have.  The establishment informed these customers of the policy when they arrived at the establishment.  They chose to ignore it and were reminded of it a little while later.  At that point they had the choice to either abide by the policy or leave.  They chose to leave.  Whether you agree with the policy or not, I see nothing that the owner of the establishment did that was wrong. 

I didn't say he isn't entitled to his policy, but the policy is stupid.  He has his right to put it in place and I have the right to call it ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Probably the same dumbass who doesn't have reading comprehension. They didn't take their kid out. They finally got a babysitter. And they finally treated themselves to a night out. And then rather than bringing every germ in the bar home with them, they thought they'd wear a mask. Maybe not perfect. But parents trying their damnedest to keep the kid alive. And still be human beings.

so swing and a miss there.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

See, I see a lot of this country. Remember When Miss South Carolina just completely effed up a question on education or whatever? and became an internet viral meme sensation thing for stupid people everywhere?

And what did we hear from her constantly in her defense afterward?  "I didn't do nothing wrong!"

Youre right sugar . But that doesn't make you any less stupid. It doesn't make you any less a Target for scorn and ridicule.

There is the difference between wrong and stupid in this world. But in America, we just don't get that. We think that's a distinction without a difference. But it's not.

Something can be wrong headed without being wrong. If you need me to provide examples, you'll probably never get it anyway. His policy is stupid. His policy is wrong- headed and ineffectual. .

But is he allowed to have it? Yes.

And for far too many people in this country these days, that's all it takes.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/us/no-mask-policy-restaurant-couple-texas-trnd/index.html

So, Upshot, redneck business owner in Texas, I've known many of them, throws out a couple for wearing masks. The reason they were wearing masks? Their kid has cystic fibrosis and they don't want to risk bringing anything home. Presumably including covid but not limited to that. 

Now, I am all for the private business argument. But even the business admitted this is a political statement.  And here's what I mean by that. If their young son at home had cancer and they wore masks like people used to do before covid? They would be Darlings. But this jackass loves Trump apparently so he hates masks apparently,

(Yeah, just a wild-ass guess he's a Trump fan) get over it. You know I'm right. 

I mean, I can see tossing customers who don't want to wear a mask if that's how you feel. I can see not requiring customers to wear masks if that's how you feel. But what the fulck does it do to you or your employees if they do wear a mask?

I mean, there is literally no stretch of the imagination where you can sav if customers wearing masks somehow puts his employees or others in danger. Unless you're holding the joint up. 

Again, guy has every right. But it's strictly a matter of political beliefs at this point. He doesn't like masks so he's not going to let anybody else come in with them. If I know Texas, they break even. Lose as many as they gain. And that's fine. But Jeesus, Grow up.

How many 30 for 30 we watched where some kid who's immunocompromised wears a mask in his hospital room or out on the field or one of the college football players does the same thing? Etc.

Aren't you supposed to be in the ICU or something?

I disagree that those earning 21% of AGI paying 40% of the federal income tax isn't enough.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Yes, he’s dumb.  “He’s tired of being told what to do” (direct quote from the article)...so his response is...to tell people what to do.   It’s hypocritical, just like all the Dem politicians that get caught at bars and restaurants not wearing masks.