Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Sony Michel

I know they like Henderson, but do you think Michel will eventually be the lead back ? Michel can catch the ball too

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

do you think Michel will eventually be the lead back ?

This was never within the realm of possible realities, barring an injury.

Neither guy is startable this week vs Buccs. Hoping by week 4 Henderson is back but these rib cartilage injuries you can’t be sure. 

Guess will see what  happens with Henderson out. I can’t see Michel being the Rams rb1 when Henderson returns. 

If he was all that good of a rb the PATS wouldn't have let him go. He's had some moments but I can't trust him.on a regular basis. Yeah he may be an OK play depending on the matchup and whether Henderson is healthy but he's disappointed fantasy owners frequently over the years. I hope he does good but I don't want him on my rosters.

55 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

If he was all that good of a rb the PATS wouldn't have let him go. He's had some moments but I can't trust him.on a regular basis. Yeah he may be an OK play depending on the matchup and whether Henderson is healthy but he's disappointed fantasy owners frequently over the years. I hope he does good but I don't want him on my rosters.

The Pats over judged the young fresh legs of Stevenson. Believe me, they are majorly regretting that trade. Experts say, Michel is more like Akers, and Henderson is more of a change of pace back. But I can admit, Henderson has looked great in the starting roll. Of course both are useless against TB this week. 

As a Henderson owner who’ll be starting Sanders in his place this week, I hope Henderson does sit a week and get healthy. Couldn’t ask for a better matchup for Sony to start and look terrible against vs the bucs.  

Just now, RedzoneMonster said:

As a Henderson owner who’ll be starting Sanders in his place this week, I hope Henderson does sit a week and get healthy. Couldn’t ask for a better matchup for Sony to start and look terrible against vs the bucs.  

Of course, watch him go bananas…

I think Henderson  might miss more then one game with his injury. N

I see no world where Sony is ever the lead back if Henderson is healthy. However, I think we can certainly project that Sony's % of touches goes up over the course of the season. And if Henderson is out this week, which he seems he will be, and Sony can put out a good game against the Bucs, he likely forces himself onto the field moving forward.

Lol Gordon. 

Just now, snatchit said:

sorry I keep asking, thanks weepaws

I just think that both guys will split carries. Seems to me that Michel has a clearer path to be the lead guy than Gordon. Plus I like the Rams offence better. I would like to keep both. The Mattison owner will give me Mattison now, for Michel. I am having a hard time pulling the trigger

I would get Mattison, I know Cook is playing this week, but he is banged up.  

Michel is the upside play, Henderson gets dinged up and Michel is starting on a high scoring offense. He also has more risk being injury prone himself. 

Gordon is going to be steady. More likely to provide RB3 consistency. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Michel is the upside play, Henderson gets dinged up and Michel is starting on a high scoring offense. He also has more risk being injury prone himself. 

Gordon is going to be steady. More likely to provide RB3 consistency. 

I went ahead and traded Michel for my cuff Mattison. Hated to do that, but I must protect my 1st round draft pick. I suppose if Javonte was to miss time, Gordon might be an ok #2.  I drafted Michel in the 16th round, thinking he would be traded. Missed out on Mattison, so I guess it worked out.  Thanks Phil

• Sad 1

If J Williams goes down due to injury, Gordon because a great rb2. 

11 hours ago, snatchit said:

I went ahead and traded Michel for my cuff Mattison. Hated to do that, but I must protect my 1st round draft pick. I suppose if Javonte was to miss time, Gordon might be an ok #2.  I drafted Michel in the 16th round, thinking he would be traded. Missed out on Mattison, so I guess it worked out.  Thanks Phil

ha ha, he sent a trade offer Mattison for Michel last night. I denied it, and said I will make up my mind this morning. I decided to do it and sent the offer...  he hasnt responded. Probably waiting to see if Cook is going to play. His coach says he will, they have to win this game. If the Rams were so high on Henderson they wouldnt have drafted Akers last year, the give him the lead roll once he figured things out. I am not sure they are completely sold on Henderson being the lead back. Agree or not, Michel is more like Akers than Henderson. He was great at Alabama, and was good last year when he was healthy. If he became the lead back with the Rams, I think he would be a solid # 1 RB. I may just pull him off the table and take my chances with Cook, only missing 1 or 2 games this year. 

He was great at Georgia.  

I think the other owner is making a good move.  

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

He was great at Georgia.  

I think the other owner is making a good move.  

I hear ya, it does seem like he might want to button up the Rams running game. Instead of hoping Cook missing time. He can hope for that, and take a chance that Michel doesnt run away with the starting job. If Michel shows out well as the 1st RB that has against TB, may force their hand to feature him more going forward. That is the risk he is taking. 

I dont know if I would rather have a Mattison IF Cook misses games, or button up one of the best running games in the League with the Rams

When Henderson is ready to play it will be no worst then a RBBC.  

I think if you need a starter like a rb2 or a flex slot, then Michel will return right now, but if you don’t I would hold Mattison, if or when Cook goes down , Mattison would be alone as the rb1 , and he’ll produce. 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

When Henderson is ready to play it will be no worst then a RBBC.  

I think if you need a starter like a rb2 or a flex slot, then Michel will return right now, but if you don’t I would hold Mattison, if or when Cook goes down , Mattison would be alone as the rb1 , and he’ll produce. 

Cook has been a keeper of mine for 4 years I believe. I have had Mattison on my roster the last 3 years. Just a few times he produced when Cook was out, the rest was a RBBC with Abdulla and what ever 4th RB they have at the time. Sure Mattison always looks good when he is fresh, Cook has worn down the D and he come in for a play or 2. I am gonna hang on to Michel and wait for Henderson to go down again. Besides the Vikings are starting to throw the ball a bunch. Their D isnt like it used to be. Mattison isnt a polished WR, Abdulla does that when Cook is out. Believe me, been dealing with this for the past several years. 

• Thanks 1

I hope that it works out great.  Go Michel 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 11:33 AM, snatchit said:

This is a mistake. Mattison just isnt that good and you arent protecting cook in any way. 

1 hour ago, SexyRexy said:

This is a mistake. Mattison just isnt that good and you arent protecting cook in any way. 

Rexy, he never accepted and I withdrew. I agree with you, seen it year after year being an owner... if cook misses time its RBBC. I am pumped about Michel, so grateful I got out of it. If Michel shows well as the 1st RB to do it against TB run D, there may be a changing of the guard in a high power offense. Its not like this hasnt happened to Henderson before. 

2 hours ago, SexyRexy said:

Cook has been a keeper of mine for 4 years I believe. I have had Mattison on my roster the last 3 years. Just a few times he produced when Cook was out, the rest was a RBBC with Abdulla and what ever 4th RB they have at the time. Sure Mattison always looks good when he is fresh, Cook has worn down the D and he come in for a play or 2. I am gonna hang on to Michel and wait for Henderson to go down again. Besides the Vikings are starting to throw the ball a bunch. Their D isnt like it used to be. Mattison isnt a polished WR, Abdulla does that when Cook is out. Believe me, been dealing with this for the past several years. 

2 hours ago, snatchit said:

Yeah, we know. You said this yesterday.  

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, we know. You said this yesterday.  

I copy and pasted for Rexy, he told me it was a mistake grabbing Mattison after I said I wasnt. But thanks for throwing in your measly 2 cents. I never recall you contributing to this site, you have anything for us ? 

1 hour ago, snatchit said:

I copy and pasted for Rexy, he told me it was a mistake grabbing Mattison after I said I wasnt. But thanks for throwing in your measly 2 cents. I never recall you contributing to this site, you have anything for us ? 

Yes. I also agree about Mattison. Had a chance to step up against Atlanta last year and did nothing. 

On 9/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, SexyRexy said:

I see no world where Sony is ever the lead back if Henderson is healthy. However, I think we can certainly project that Sony's % of touches goes up over the course of the season. And if Henderson is out this week, which he seems he will be, and Sony can put out a good game against the Bucs, he likely forces himself onto the field moving forward.

Can we stop talking about Darrell Henderson like he’s not a JAG and a backup RB? 

The notion that he keeps his job no matter what happens this week is laughable. If Michel puts up 100 yards, Henderson’s job is toast. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:25 AM, DocNiner said:

Lol the Rams acquired him for draft picks. Not really the same as being “let go”. 

As bad as he was for Patriots they kept giving him chances. 

I was never high on him coming out of college but he looked SHARP in the couple preseason games he played with Patriots this year. 

I’d never count out anyone starting over Darrell Henderson. Except maybe Malcolm Brown.

I’m not so sure that Michel performance will  matter to how the Rams will use both players.  They’ll split it down the middle upon Henderson return. That was the plan once the team felt Michel was ready, now they don’t have a choice Michel must be ready. I hope he has 100 plus total yards with two of more tds   That would be  good news to those that start him.  

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m not so sure that Michel performance will  matter to how the Rams will use both players.  They’ll split it down the middle upon Henderson return. That was the plan once the team felt Michel was ready, now they don’t have a choice Michel must be ready. I hope he has 100 plus total yards with two of more tds   That would be  good news to those that start him.  

Start vs Bucs in likely shootout? Highly doubt the game script will dictate he gets more than 10 carries even without Henderson available.

This is the worst week to start a Rams RB.

But if Michel balls out, Henderson will and should go back to his backup/complimentary role.

No I don’t see that taking place, Henderson won’t become the Rams rb2 based on Michel performance today. They will be a RBBC.