edjr

Buddy I golfed with 2 Sundays ago, in ICU with Covid

51 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yes it does, you’re an idiot.

How so? If you're vaxxed you can still get it and you, it appears, are more likely to spread it. 

Especially since your symptoms should be less severe or nonexistent. 

ETA: EIGHTY BOOOYAAHH!!! 

23 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

How so? If you're vaxxed you can still get it and you, it appears, are more likely to spread it. 

Especially since your symptoms should be less severe or nonexistent. 

ETA: EIGHTY BOOOYAAHH!!! 

You realize there’s a wide spectrum between “can still get it” and “makes no difference,” right?

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You realize there’s a wide spectrum between “can still get it” and “makes no difference,” right?

It may make a difference to the individual in regards to severity of symptoms. 

Does it make a difference to society if a vaccinated person can still get it and still spread it? 

So what's the end game? Everybody gets vaxxed so we can keep getting and spreading it with, potentially, less severe symptoms for the individual? 

Seems kinda pointless to me. :dunno:

I still feel that natural immunity is better in the long run. Both for the individual and society as a whole. We'll lose some along the way but the herd will be stronger as a result. 

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

It may make a difference to the individual in regards to severity of symptoms. 

Does it make a difference to society if a vaccinated person can still get it and still spread it? 

So what's the end game? Everybody gets vaxxed so we can keep getting and spreading it with, potentially, less severe symptoms for the individual? 

Seems kinda pointless to me. :dunno:

I still feel that natural immunity is better in the long run. Both for the individual and society as a whole. We'll lose some along the way but the herd will be stronger as a result. 

Again.  Just because you “can still get it,” doesn’t mean it’s not preventing many and likely the majority of infections.   If you are less likely to get it in the first place, you are less likely to spread it.  Period.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

What about a vaxxed person who is sick? Vax makes no difference and getting and spreading. :dunno:

For the purpose of this discussion let's just presume that your second sentence is wrong.

48 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yes it does, you’re an idiot.

Well... that seems a bit strong.  I think at this point we need to take reasonable precautions.  I do agree that if you are vaxxed and starting to feel sick you should bow out of the event in question.  Depending on the relationship I suppose you could ask your playing partners what they think, but if they are buddies they'll probably say "I'm vaxxed, no worries."  Which is inaccurate of course, but it does reduce the worries.  I don't know what percentage of people who are vaxxed think they are completely immune, but I'm sure it is quite a few, and that may be an opportunity to educate folks.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Again.  Just because you “can still get it,” doesn’t mean it’s not preventing many and likely the majority of infections.   If you are less likely to get it in the first place, you are less likely to spread it.  Period.

But you aren't less likely to get it. You're just less likely to know you have it. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

But you aren't less likely to get it. You're just less likely to know you have it. 

Yes you are.  Even the “shocking” Israel data, which was likely based on a bad sample, said the effectiveness at preventing a positive test (not just symptoms) was 39%.   Even that, basically the worst case scenario (and other countries have still said its at least 50-60% and often moreso effective at preventing a positive test), is still “less likely.”

And if you do get it, your viral load decreases more quickly.

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yes you are.  Even the “shocking” Israel data, which was likely based on a bad sample, said the effectiveness at preventing a positive test (not just symptoms) was 39%.   Even that, basically the worst case scenario (and other countries have still said its at least 50-60% and often moreso effective at preventing a positive test), is still “less likely.”

And if you do get it, your viral load decreases more quickly.

I'm not at all concerned about this sh!t but you obviously take a great interest in it. As such, you've clearly done a lot of research on the topic. Kudos.  :cheers:

However, if you can still contract it, after having been vaccinated against it and subsequently spread it, at an apparently faster rate, presumably because you may be unaware that you are currently infected due to lesser or non-existent symptoms, then there really isn't much difference between the vaxxed and the unvaxxed,  other than symptom severity. 

Odds are odds, they vary depending on the situation. An unvaxxed person could come into contact with infected people everyday and never contract Covid. A vaxxed person could come into contact with one infected person and contract a "breakthrough" case.

What difference does it make? :dunno:

9 hours ago, 5-Points said:

I'm not at all concerned about this sh!t but you obviously take a great interest in it. As such, you've clearly done a lot of research on the topic. Kudos.  :cheers:

However, if you can still contract it, after having been vaccinated against it and subsequently spread it, at an apparently faster rate, presumably because you may be unaware that you are currently infected due to lesser or non-existent symptoms, then there really isn't much difference between the vaxxed and the unvaxxed,  other than symptom severity. 

Odds are odds, they vary depending on the situation. An unvaxxed person could come into contact with infected people everyday and never contract Covid. A vaxxed person could come into contact with one infected person and contract a "breakthrough" case.

What difference does it make? :dunno:

“Spreading it at an apparently faster rate” is pure speculation on your part.  Again, presymptomatic and mildly symptomatic transmission was already thought to be common pre-vaccine, so while it’s theoretically possible, there is no evidence to support your assertion and “people being unaware they were currently infected” is no different than the prior 18 months.  Even with the Provincetown cluster they don’t know who was actually spreading it, just that 74% of the people that ultimately got it were vaccinated.

In addition, while “peak” viral loads are similar in vaccinated vs unvaccinated, they drop quicker in vaccinated people, so the duration of infectiousness is shorter — another point for vaccinated people likely spreading it less.

And for like the 3rd time.   You are still less likely to get it in the first place if you are vaccinated.  If you are less likely to get it, you are less likely to spread it.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:03 PM, TimHauck said:

“Spreading it at an apparently faster rate” is pure speculation on your part.  Again, presymptomatic and mildly symptomatic transmission was already thought to be common pre-vaccine, so while it’s theoretically possible, there is no evidence to support your assertion and “people being unaware they were currently infected” is no different than the prior 18 months.  Even with the Provincetown cluster they don’t know who was actually spreading it, just that 74% of the people that ultimately got it were vaccinated.

In addition, while “peak” viral loads are similar in vaccinated vs unvaccinated, they drop quicker in vaccinated people, so the duration of infectiousness is shorter — another point for vaccinated people likely spreading it less.

And for like the 3rd time.   You are still less likely to get it in the first place if you are vaccinated.  If you are less likely to get it, you are less likely to spread it.

Isn't it all just speculation?  After more than a year of this being a pandemic I'm realizing more and more that no one really knows for sure what the hell is going on, even the scientists.  The data is changing every day.

• Like 1

He's out of the hospital!  2nd person I know that ended up in the ICU and survived. Both said the same "worst experience of my life, I wouldn't wish it on anyone)  both unvaxxed. One of them was the CIO of my company.

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Isn't it all just speculation?  After more than a year of this being a pandemic I'm realizing more and more that no one really knows for sure what the hell is going on, even the scientists.  The data is changing every day.

To an extent, but "the scientists" usually have some research behind their speculation.   Not just "well the vaccinated have mild symptoms, so they must be spreading it more!"

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

To an extent, but "the scientists" usually have some research behind their speculation.   Not just "well the vaccinated have mild symptoms, so they must be spreading it more!"

They are all liberal hacks, they also probably believe in climate change. :mad:   - Repubtard words

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Lying botcuck in action.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, edjr said:

They are all liberal hacks, they also probably believe in climate change. :mad:   - Repubtard words

I know you post often in a sarcastic way.  I honestly don't know what your stance is on this whole situation.  You seem to flip flop more than Lebron.

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I know you post often in a sarcastic way.  I honestly don't know what your stance is on this whole situation.  You seem to flip flop more than Lebron.

Yeah, Ed might as well be a woman.

16 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

It's my way of saying, I have no focking idea what is going on. I just hate how everything has to be political, I hate politics, I hate the 2 party system, I just can't stand liberals and I conservatives aren't too far.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Yeah, Ed might as well be a woman.

😊