Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Chuba Hubbard

We don't yet know the full extent of Christian McCaffrey's injury, but it's looking like he's gonna miss some games.

Chuba Hubbard will undoubtedly be a big time waiver wire add this coming week.

I have him stashed on my dynasty team, just for a situation like this. Good chance he's gonna be in my starting line up next week.

He looked pretty good last night in about a half of football. 11 carries for 52 yards, 4.7 avg. 3 catches for 27 yards.

What are the expectations here?

Probably matchup based RB2. I have Hunt at my flex and right now I assume I’ll use Hubbard most weeks over him. That’s if I don’t trade of course.

I hope someone else picks him up. 

If IR isn't an option, that means he has a good chance of missing less than the 3 weeks he would have to stay on IR, so I wouldn't get too hubba over Hubbard.

Breakdown continues for CMC. 

350+ touches in 2018

400+ touches in 2019

1900+  plays during those 2 seasons.

No one wants to hear it.  He's already peaked.

1 hour ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

350+ touches in 2018

400+ touches in 2019

Most likely he has. He missed most of last season with an injury, he's gonna miss at least a few this season...

We've seen this story time and time again, and it pretty much never ends well

4 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Most likely he has. He missed most of last season with an injury, he's gonna miss at least a few this season...

We've seen this story time and time again, and it pretty much never ends well

LOL at everybody acting like they all saw this coming, when Axe Elf was the only one all summer campaigning to draft Henry #1 overall instead of CMC.

Listen to the Elf,
Trophy on the shelf.
Listen to the others,
Go crying to your mothers.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

LOL at everybody acting like they all saw this coming, when Axe Elf was the only one all summer campaigning to draft Henry #1 overall instead of CMC.

Listen to the Elf,
Trophy on the shelf.
Listen to the others,

I said Henry should be the top pick several times and not once said it should be McCaffrey

1 minute ago, polecatt said:

I said Henry should be the top pick several times and not once said it should be McCaffrey

Then I move you to the front of the class for future Elf Institute coursework.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

NO ONE Listen to the Elf,
NO Trophy on the shelf.
Listen to the others.

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

350+ touches in 2018

400+ touches in 2019

Nonsense. If he wasn’t effective you might have a point, but he was just as good as he ever was. The hammy is unrelated to his injuries from last year. Could happen to any RB, and certainly will happen to many others this season. Your hindsight is duly noted…

Chuba (pronounced CHOO-buh) Hubbard dominated his high school competition in Canada, rushing for 3,213 yards and 40 touchdowns as a junior.

In June 2020, Hubbard threatened to boycott team activities because OSU head coach Mike Gundy wore a T-shirt with the logo of the One America News Network, which is known as a far-right outlet. 

DRAFTED BY CAROLINA PANTHERS
Round 4 ‧ Pick 126

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I checked out One America News Network.

Apparently, any site that posts news stories that appeal to Republicans is now considered 'a far-right outlet'

https://www.oann.com 

I say, puck him & his woke azz.

Hope he flops. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

And where did you have Mccaffery ranked?m. If he wasn’t anyone first pick, he was in the top three. 

So if anyone saw this coming or isn’t surprised that he was injured , why would you rank him so high? 

Based on his ADP, he would have been on ones DND list, but no one did that, I’m sure of that.  

Right. 

2 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

350+ touches in 2018

400+ touches in 2019

He’s productive hasn’t been worst, his avg is among if not the best still in ff.  Even in those four games he played in last season, he had the best over all par game avg   

Before your draft where did you have him ranked? 

32 minutes ago, weepaws said:

And where did you have Mccaffery ranked?m. If he wasn’t anyone first pick, he was in the to three. 

So if anyone saw this coming or isn’t surprised that he was injured , why would you rank him so high? 

Based on his ADP, he would have been on ones DND list, but know one did that, I’m sure of that.  

Right. 

Yeah any sort of I told you so based on anything is completely moronic. McCaffrey went third in our draft but who the hell drafts expecting injuries? 

I’m not going to rank a player in my top three if I’m worried about an injury. 

But this is my favorite time of the ff season, injuries are starting to mount up, not that injuries are good, but they do happen, and that’s when good ff owners shine.  

Good luck going forward.   Let’s see some Championships.  

4 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

350+ touches in 2018

400+ touches in 2019

Derrick Henry = over 800 touches 19/20

Dude is a unicorn.  

43 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Dude is a unicorn.

He is.  He's just not human.  He's gotten better EVERY SINGLE SEASON of his career--and he tends to get better as the seasons go along, peaking in the final month every year.  Even in individual games, he often starts slow, but if they can afford to stick with him, he's a beast by the 4th Q.  And he never gets hurt.

Normal rules do not apply.

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Dude is a unicorn.  

I considered going Henry where I had #1, but his touches had me scared he could wear down too.  Cook has missed a bunch of games in his career too.  So I ended up going with CMC.   If he just missed a couple games, he could still be worthy of #1 since he’s money when he plays.  Obviously he may miss more than that.

Great, now you are jinxed!

chuba, chuba. I got chuba.

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

And where did you have Mccaffery ranked?m. If he wasn’t anyone first pick, he was in the top three. 

Based on his ADP, he would have been on ones DND list, but no one did that, I’m sure of that.  

Right. 

3rd sounds about right.

I'm not surprised at all he got injured, in fact I would have been more surprised if he made it through the season.

The reason CMC is ranked so high though, we know the kind of season he can have if he does make it all or most of the way.

There are really, very few RBs that don't have injury risk, and practically none that have CMC's upside, injury prone or not.

Derrick Henry is the only one that seems to be able to stay healthy. Which is why Ranked him 1st mostly.

7 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Chuba (pronounced CHOO-buh) Hubbard dominated his high school competition in Canada, rushing for 3,213 yards and 40 touchdowns as a junior.

In June 2020, Hubbard threatened to boycott team activities because OSU head coach Mike Gundy wore a T-shirt with the logo of the One America News Network, which is known as a far-right outlet. 

Round 4 ‧ Pick 126

Apparently, any site that posts news stories that appeal to Republicans is now considered 'a far-right outlet'

Hope he flops. 

That was him?

I remember hearing about that but forgot who it was

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

3rd sounds about right.

I'm not surprised at all he got injured, in fact I would have been more surprised if he made it through the season.

The reason CMC is ranked so high though, we know the kind of season he can have if he does make it all or most of the way.

There are really, very few RBs that don't have injury risk, and practically none that have CMC's upside, injury prone or not.

Derrick Henry is the only one that seems to be able to stay healthy. Which is why Ranked him 1st mostly.

If I feel like it would be a surprise for a player to make it through the season, I wouldn’t have him ranked in my top three.  

Just me I guess. 

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

He is.  He's just not human.  He's gotten better EVERY SINGLE SEASON of his career--and he tends to get better as the seasons go along, peaking in the final month every year.  Even in individual games, he often starts slow, but if they can afford to stick with him, he's a beast by the 4th Q.  And he never gets hurt.

Normal rules do not apply.

Who does he remind you of as a runner? I'm having a hard time with a comparison. Jim Brown has always come to mind, but Henry's a little bigger, and Brown lowered his head more, so not really.

He truly is a unicorn. One of a kind

Knock on wood. In the leagues where I drafted CMC I was able to get Hubbard in all of them. No question CMC is an unquestioned talent. Yet coming off the injury and with the massive usage he gets it was a no brainer for me to back him up with Chubba. Hoping McCaffrey can get back after a couple(3 or 4 weeks) I feel ok with putting Hubbard in my flex spot considering the matchups.

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

If I feel like it would be a surprise for a player to make it through the season, I wouldn’t have him ranked in my top three.  

Just me I guess. 

I mostly rank based on upside, at least early on.

The only top RB I simply wouldn't have drafted in the first round was Barkley.

4 hours ago, Kopy said:

Who does he remind you of as a runner? I'm having a hard time with a comparison. Jim Brown has always come to mind, but Henry's a little bigger, and Brown lowered his head more, so not really.

He truly is a unicorn. One of a kind

I would say he's kind of like a bigger version of Adrian Peterson

12 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I would say he's kind of like a bigger version of Adrian Peterson

I've often thought that myself too. Like Jim Brown, kinda sorta Peterson also. But bigger. He really is his own comparison. He truly is a special player. And I definitely missed the boat on him when he came out. I definitely remember thinking "I'm not sure about this guy" during the rookie draft process.

6 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I've often thought that myself too. Like Jim Brown, kinda sorta Peterson also. But bigger. He really is his own comparison. He truly is a special player. And I definitely missed the boat on him when he came out. I definitely remember thinking "I'm not sure about this guy" during the rookie draft process.

He does have that same sort of upright running style, like Adrian Peterson, or DeMarco Murray had.

The things is, he was only so-so about his first 3 seasons or so in the NFL. Then he exploded.

11 minutes ago, polecatt said:

He does have that same sort of upright running style, like Adrian Peterson, or DeMarco Murray had.

The things is, he was only so-so about his first 3 seasons or so in the NFL. Then he exploded.

I think when he came out. The comparison I used when he was draftable was Darren McFadden if I remember correctly. And that's what made me shy away from him.

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

I think when he came out. The comparison I used when he was draftable was Darren McFadden if I remember correctly. And that's what made me shy away from him.

I could kind of see that. McFadden was an upright, straight line sort of rusher. Although he wasn't really a power back like Henry, I can see a resemblance

6 hours ago, DocNiner said:

I feel ok with putting Hubbard in my flex spot considering the matchups.

That's only because the games haven't been played yet.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:20 PM, easilyscan said:

Round 4 ‧ Pick 126

Hope he flops. 

One America News Outlet IS  a far right media outlet.  Duh

• Confused 1

If you geniuses all saw the CMC physical breakdowns coming after his massive usage in 2018 and 2019, you would also have to predict that Henry would start to break down after his massive usage in 2019 and 2020.  And get you had Henry ranked 1 heading into drafts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm…

12 minutes ago, handbanana said:

If you geniuses all saw the CMC physical breakdowns coming after his massive usage in 2018 and 2019, you would also have to predict that Henry would start to break down after his massive usage in 2019 and 2020.  And get you had Henry ranked 1 heading into drafts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm…

See, this reflects the mistake that many made in their evaluations of Henry in this and previous seasons--that he can be compared to a human being.

In Henry's case, increased usage only makes him stronger, as his stats have improved in every single successive season of his career.  "Geniuses" took that into account.

I drafted Henry 2 overall in a .5 PPR.  And I also would have drafted CMC 1 overall if given the opportunity.  All RBs get hurt.  Don’t jinx your boy