Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Chuba Hubbard

On 9/24/2021 at 9:11 AM, tanatastic said:

He shouldn’t be on anyone’s wire, shoulda been drafted at least by the CMC owner. 

I saw one game he played in pre season and I honestly thought the only thing he has going for him is a cool name.

I wasnt impressed with what I saw. 

but.... it was small sample size.   clearly he made the team so he must have more skill than I observed.  Perhaps i watched him when he had a bad game.

To many other good Rbs to waste room for a player like Hubbard during the draft   

What are people thinking, for their FAAB bid on Chuba?  I did 40% last year, for Mike Davis.  I'm thinking .. 20% for Chuba?  Could only be for 2, maybe 3 weeks of use?

58 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

What are people thinking, for their FAAB bid on Chuba?  I did 40% last year, for Mike Davis.  I'm thinking .. 20% for Chuba?  Could only be for 2, maybe 3 weeks of use?

If you want him, I’m guessing it’ll be at least 20-30%. If he’s worth that just depends on your plan. If you plan to start him and need wins, then he’s probably worth it. If he’s just going to sit on your bench and be cut when bye weeks come up, he’s probably not. 

I also think he’ll have future relevant weeks. Either from a cmc injury, or them mixing him into the mix more when cmc comes back.

PPR league, why would i burn my top waiver priority on a guy that will give me 2-3 weeks. Zack Moss is on waivers as well… he would be a much better long term investment correct?  

2 hours ago, rowdystylz1 said:

PPR league, why would i burn my top waiver priority on a guy that will give me 2-3 weeks. Zack Moss is on waivers as well… he would be a much better long term investment correct?  

Probably depends what you’re looking for. Moss will probably be the better year long bye week replacement/fl upside flex play, but I’m not sure you’re ever going to know when to start him. I still see this as a rbbc with a qb that’s going to take more than his share of the tds.

With cmc having a soft tissue injury, there is a chance this lingers longer than expected or he aggravates it trying to push it too soon. Cmc could also go down to another injury.

I would rather pick up Z Moss, he’s even getting a little bit more involved in the passing game.  

Hmmmm..  My roster has: Zeke, J-Rob, M. Davis, and A. Mattison.  *Should* I keep my FAAB bid of $202 (of $1,000) for Chuba?  FA's are processed Thursday mornings.  (I'm also bidding $53 for Z. Moss, if I lose out on Chuba - dropping RoJo.)

I've been FLEXing Gronk the past two weeks.  (TE1 is TJ Hockenson).

With J-Rob "coming on" .. I'm now thinking Chuba might end up on my bench (why bid for him??).

I would rather have Z Moss

Nuts..  Supposedly Dalvin Cook was at least Limited in practice Wednesday.  There goes Mattison.

Looks like I'll keep the FAAB bid for Chuba "alive."

I have to decide which 2 to play and it seems all about the same in value.

Jacobs, Chuba and Montgomery.

arrg!

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

I have to decide which 2 to play and it seems all about the same in value.

Jacobs, Chuba and Montgomery.

arrg!

Ouch, that's rough.  No one on the waiver wire?

This might be the last week of the Hubba Chubba experience...

On 10/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, jrokh said:

This might be the last week of the Hubba Chubba experience...

I may have spoken too soon, it might ALREADY be the end of the Chubba Hubba Experience...

Hope he starts Sunday and aggravates it on the third play, and all those owners who spent all their draft capital on McCaffrey and all their FAAB on Hubbard still eat a 1.4.

Besides, Robby needs targets...

Mccaffery will return next week , but Hubbard had a very good game.  

37 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Mccaffrey to IR :banana:

Not surprising to me in the slightest. I figured the chances of him making it through the season without missing a good chunk of games was pretty unlikely.

This is exactly why I picked up Chuba on my dynasty team. He's in my starting line up for another 3 games at the least

On 10/10/2021 at 5:21 PM, weepaws said:

Mccaffery will return next week , but Hubbard had a very good game.  

Chuba, Chuba...I got Chuba!

Man, I screwed the pooch on this one.  Some news outlet said McCaffery was going to play last week so I dropped Chubba for another player of need.  Then they corrected it and said, "wait, no, he's not playing," but the damage was already done.  

That one might cost me this season now that I'm struggling at runningback.  I even knew something was wrong.  I was thinking, "how is he playing on a bad hammy after only 2 weeks?" But I couldn't find anything to dispute that news story.

I guess the moral of the story is don't know even to David Newton of ESPN.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:12 AM, Serenity Now said:

With cmc having a soft tissue injury, there is a chance this lingers longer than expected or he aggravates it trying to push it too soon. Cmc could also go down to another injury.

If only there was someone who saw this injury lingering longer than they originally said…

3 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Chuba, Chuba...I got Chuba!

Sorry about that, but surgery might help. 

Why didn’t they place him on IR when the injury first happen?

3 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

If only there was someone who saw this injury lingering longer than they originally said…

Too many qualifiers.  No one gives credence to shìt like, "well maybe it's possible there is a chance that something might happen." Say it or don't.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nobody said:

Too many qualifiers.  No one gives credence to shìt like, "well maybe it's possible there is a chance that something might happen." Say it or don't.

Don’t be mad at me cause you trusted a bad source. Soft tissue injuries are the hardest to come back from in the middle of the season. You can’t give definitive timelines. They aren’t healthy until they’re healthy.

23 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

Don’t be mad at me cause you trusted a bad source. Soft tissue injuries are the hardest to come back from in the middle of the season. You can’t give definitive timelines. They aren’t healthy until they’re healthy.

Maybe if you said it with your chest before it happened like you are doing now, I might've listened to you.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Maybe if you said it with your chest before it happened like you are doing now, I might've listened to you.

Saying anything definitely about soft tissue injuries is stupid. You can’t assume anything with them. They heal at different rates and are prone to be aggravated. When one happens always prepare for the worst.

1 minute ago, Serenity Now said:

Saying anything definitely about soft tissue injuries is stupid. You can’t assume anything with them. They heal at different rates and are prone to be aggravated. When one happens always prepare for the worst.

Then why did you go out of your way to brag about it, quoting yourself in the process?

2 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Then why did you go out of your way to brag about it, quoting yourself in the process?

The idea that this is completely  unexpected is wrong.  It should have been on the radar.

4 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

The idea that this is completely  unexpected is wrong.  It should have been on the radar.

All injuries are different, anything can happen. For anyone who plays Fantasy Football this is self-evident. Doesn’t explain why you felt the need to take a victory lap based on your wishy washy position…

You can't brag about that though.  If he came back, you were still right.  There was still a chance the hamstring would linger.  

Here's the difference.  I think there's a chance Baltimore can win this week.

Whether Baltimore wins or not, I'm right.  There was a chance they could win.  I'm basically not saying shìt.

Now here's a prediction.  Baltimore is going to beat the Chargers.  LA can't stop the run.  They're already sloppy and now they're going to play on the east coast in an early game.  

Now I'm either right or I'm wrong.  

48 minutes ago, jrokh said:

All injuries are different, anything can happen. For anyone who plays Fantasy Football this is self-evident. Doesn’t explain why you felt the need to take a victory lap based on your wishy washy position…

Broken bones are much more predictable as far time return table than tears are. You can’t say anything definitively about them. They’re ambiguous in nature. Both in healing time and degree of tear. Everything is always different and certain variables will alter everything. If a bone is broken, it’s broken. If something is strained (torn), there’s always questions as far as how torn it is and how quickly a person can heal from that. Bones heal on a much more standard time frame.

3 hours ago, nobody said:

You can't brag about that though.  If he came back, you were still right.  There was still a chance the hamstring would linger.  

Here's the difference.  I think there's a chance Baltimore can win this week.

Whether Baltimore wins or not, I'm right.  There was a chance they could win.  I'm basically not saying shìt.

Now here's a prediction.  Baltimore is going to beat the Chargers.  LA can't stop the run.  They're already sloppy and now they're going to play on the east coast in an early game.  

Now I'm either right or I'm wrong.  

If the vast majority of people were saying they would win, but you came on and said there’s nothing absolute about their chance of a win, and the upset happened, would you be right or would they be right?

Most people said he missed the ir at first and thought that meant a guarantee 3 weeks or less. I said there’s nothing guaranteed about it, and speaking in absolutes regarding this injury is a mistake.

20 minutes ago, Serenity Now said:

If the vast majority of people were saying they would win, but you came on and said there’s nothing absolute about their chance of a win, and the upset happened, would you be right or would they be right?

If I said there is nothing absolute about a team's chances of winning, I'd be right regardless of outcome.  Saying that means nothing.

He’s been performing much better than I thought he would, congrats if you own him.