Sign in to follow this  
EternalShinyAndChrome

Mike "Tags" Tagliere of FFPros Dead from COVID

I heard he had it, but wow.  Vaxxed, 39, doesn't seem terribly fat.  Wonder if he had some other comorbidity?  :dunno: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I heard he had it, but wow.  Vaxxed, 39, doesn't seem terribly fat.  Wonder if he had some other comorbidity?  :dunno: 

Yeah, great questions.  Unknown at this time.  I do know he was a smoker but quit like 5 or 6 years ago, but that's it AFAIK.

Don't know the dude, but that sucks he died and left a family behind. 

I'll leave it at that.

Joe Bryant has the Covid too. 

Welcome to Saturday. We've got the News and Notes you need as we head toward the Sunday games.

And a small bit of personal news. I hesitate to even share this as it's not important but I also feel a connection to the folks like you who kindly honor us with the gift of your time and read the email.

I had been feeling poorly early this week and self-quarantined. My test came back today positive for COVID. I don't feel terrible. On a scale of 1(terrible) to 10(good), I'm about a 5. I was vaccinated months ago. I did wisely cancel the weekly lunch I had scheduled with my 79-year-old dad Wednesday. And canceled a trip where I'd see my 80-year-old aunt. That clearly was the right move. So the takeaway here is: If you're feeling unwell, be careful.

I fully expect I'll be fine. I'm super fortunate to have a setup in my house where I can work and live in an area separate from my family. By far my primary concern is my son's wedding is in a couple of weeks and I want to be there.

As I said, I hesitate even to even mention it. I'm one of hundreds of thousands. I'm not special. I just sort of feel a weird obligation to be upfront with y'all as while I know you may not really "know" me, I do feel like there's something. And it didn't feel right to have something that big going on for me that I "kept" from you. I know that sounds dumb.

All prayers and good vibes are of course welcome. But I'd much rather you send them towards my friend Mike Tagliere of FantasyPros who's had a tremendous struggle with COVID. Rock on, Buddy. Get well soon.

And for sure don't worry about the Footballguys content. As you know, I'm just a tiny part of Footballguys. The real stars are the folks we have creating content and waiver wire info and projections and start-sit decisions and all that. I'm just the ringleader at the circus. That and Random Shots Guy.

Bottom line, that's where I'm at so if I get a little loopy in this newsletter or don't reply to an email, I've got that going for me. Which is nice...

Joe Bryant

Fri 9/24/2021 11:47 PM

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I read on another site that he had some heart issues.

2 minutes ago, nzoner said:

I read on another site that he had some heart issues.

Interesting.  You have a link?

It's hard for me to grasp a 39 year old, vaxxed, seemingly health man died of Covid.

13 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It's hard for me to grasp a 39 year old, vaxxed, seemingly health man died of Covid.

It's from the former Rotoworld message board so don't know if you'll be able to access it but here it is.

RIP Mike

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

If there's a .001% chance, that means there's that 1 guy in 100,000 it happens to. Extremely rare, but it happens.

3 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

mdcack and timhack say no, that's impossible.

Link?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

mdcack and timhack say no, that's impossible.

I’ve heard of a couple under 40 and reasonably healthy vaxx’ed people die, but that’s about it.   Definitely seems extremely rare, although yes it’s also rare for someone like that to die even if not vaccinated.  Have been to FantasyPros but never heard of this guy...RIP.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’ve heard of a couple under 40 and reasonably healthy vaxx’ed people die, but that’s about it.   Definitely seems extremely rare, although yes it’s also rare for someone like that to die even if not vaccinated.  Have been to FantasyPros but never heard of this guy...RIP.

Yeah, that's what is being reported. Same thing as the border. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, that's what is being reported. Same thing as the border. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

There have been less than 10k deaths involving covid in the 30-39 age group for the entire pandemic...

I'd bet that since he trusted the jab juice, he trusted he would have lesser symptoms as the clown docs have been pimping. So I would bet he never got early treatment and trusted the juice and the idiots that he was listening to. Odds are the jab juice completely wore off and he was just like those of us who are not vaxxed. Having a heart condition would not cause covid to kill him had he received early treatment. I'll bet he waited until he was so sick it was too late.

We will see more of this from the brainwashed jabbed as the juice has worn off. 

Fake. Unpossible. People don't die from covid

7 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I'd bet that since he trusted the jab juice, he trusted he would have lesser symptoms as the clown docs have been pimping. So I would bet he never got early treatment and trusted the juice and the idiots that he was listening to. Odds are the jab juice completely wore off and he was just like those of us who are not vaxxed. Having a heart condition would not cause covid to kill him had he received early treatment. I'll bet he waited until he was so sick it was too late.

We will see more of this from the brainwashed jabbed as the juice has worn off. 

IF, this was created as a bioweapon, then it would be a precise weapon.  Meant to kill a very specific target.  Meaning, if you are one of the unlucky souls that fits the target profile, it's curtains for you. Collateral damage.  

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

IF, this was created as a bioweapon, then it would be a precise weapon.  Meant to kill a very specific target.  Meaning, if you are one of the unlucky souls that fits the target profile, it's curtains for you. Collateral damage.  

Well it does kill a certain type of people more than others and I'm not referring to fatties. Just an FYI, China hates India. They are probably pissed that India found ivermectin works. Also, Asians are least affected. Hmmm.....

https://covidtracking.com/race

People continue to lose their lives to this menace, sadly.

Keep this in mind as well.  Last year the flu was not as bad as usual, likely due in part to the masks.   This year the masks are not going to be in play at the same level.   Therefore we should see a rise in flu cases, perhaps not back to normal, but a rise nonetheless. 

The flu on top of COVID likely results in some "surge" of hospitalizations that forces another lock down kind of response.    Further, political actors will actively designate those with Flu as being COVID instead, exacerbating the appearance.

It could be a long, cold, winter people....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Well it does kill a certain type of people more than others and I'm not referring to fatties. Just an FYI, China hates India. They are probably pissed that India found ivermectin works. Also, Asians are least affected. Hmmm.....

This thing goes down to the DNA.   You cannot necessarily say it hits black people harder because Africa remains unscathed (if reporting is accurate).

15 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

This thing goes down to the DNA.   You cannot necessarily say it hits black people harder because Africa remains unscathed (if reporting is accurate).

Africa is full of people taking HCQ regularly to prevent malaria. Low death rate a coincidence? I think not.

30 minutes ago, posty said:

Seriously, who?

Some guy who trusted the jab juice was gonna save him and it didn't.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

covid kills the poor more than the rich.  but thats true for many diseases.  some races are poorer than others.

10 hours ago, RLLD said:

Keep this in mind as well.  Last year the flu was not as bad as usual, likely due in part to the masks.   This year the masks are not going to be in play at the same level.   Therefore we should see a rise in flu cases, perhaps not back to normal, but a rise nonetheless. 

The flu on top of COVID likely results in some "surge" of hospitalizations that forces another lock down kind of response.    Further, political actors will actively designate those with Flu as being COVID instead, exacerbating the appearance.

Flu was down because they mark it as covid. I will also say due to social distancing and people staying home more. Mask didn't do anything.

11 hours ago, posty said:

Seriously, who?

Just a well known FF writer, no reason you would know him on a fantasy message bored.  :cheers:

13 hours ago, RLLD said:

Political actors can falsify covid tests, which know the difference between flu and covid and always did?

11 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Political actors can falsify covid tests, which know the difference between flu and covid and always did?

Just wondering. If the jab juice makes your symptoms less severe, was this guy's death less severe? 🤣

On 9/27/2021 at 10:06 AM, TimmySmith said:

Not unscathed in South Africa, Tunisia, Namibia, Botswana (who basically didn't report until 2021) among others.    Many others likely underreported, but they probably were actually hit less hard since all their old people are already dead.

8 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Not unscathed in South Africa, Tunisia, Namibia, Botswana (who basically didn't report until 2021) among others.    Many others likely underreported, but they probably were actually hit less hard since all their old people are already dead.

Less scathed than the US, if reporting is accurate.  Just saying that IF it was a bioweapon, they weren't targeting black people. 

I've listened to Mike for years, he was great.  Didn't have the best takes, but I loved listening to him analyze everything.

He was a better person than a FF analyst.

Regarding heart condition, he had an episode over the summer while on vacation where his heart was racing.  Went to the hospital, was fine.  Followed up with a cardiologist and was declared healthy.  This was a month or two before he got covid.  My understanding was covid hit him hard and he has trouble breathing.  Maybe it's related to the smoking damage.

All in all, a damn shame.

15 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Flu was down because they mark it as covid. I will also say due to social distancing and people staying home more. Mask didn't do anything.

I think masks were a big help in keeping flu numbers down last year.  I think it also helped keep cold numbers down.  Masks, along with distancing and hand sanitizer made a huge difference in our schools last year.  I'm not recommending that we go back to that but there was a very noticeable difference in the health of students when comparing last year to this year already.

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think masks were a big help in keeping flu numbers down last year.  I think it also helped keep cold numbers down.  Masks, along with distancing and hand sanitizer made a huge difference in our schools last year.  I'm not recommending that we go back to that but there was a very noticeable difference in the health of students when comparing last year to this year already.

I didn't see a difference in my kids school. That being said even if there was a small improvement the mental health and fear of treating everyone like a viral load that can kill them is way way worse.

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

I didn't see a difference in my kids school. That being said even if there was a small improvement the mental health and fear of treating everyone like a viral load that can kill them is way way worse.

So you’re saying your kids had to wear masks last year but not this this year?

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships were built for."